Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-07, 06:39 PM   #1
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Texas Governor Loses Mind

Texas Governor orders anti-cancer vaccine for schoolgirls...

USA today is reporting that Rick Perry has ordered that all school girls entering the 6th grade be vaccinated against HPV, the virus that causes cervical cancer.

Does that not seem a little outside of governments' intended purpose? Dude, fix my street and make sure the firemen are there when I need them. Stay out of everything else.
Old 02-02-07, 06:55 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

no actually any thing done in schools in your state must be handed down from the state gov't..meaning the governor has the power to do it..it also is like the immunization you took as a kid in grade school.-the state orders this-

a tad suprised that he did not wait to get premission from the rest of the state govtment heads..like it or not he does have the power to do this with or without it the states permission..

it is a good idea imo anything to dodge a cancer threat that appears later in life..

nitro you and i both took those miserable 5 neddle small pox shots that we both have scars from.same thing really.

zooker
Old 02-02-07, 07:44 PM   #3
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

actually....did you know that the small pox immunizations that we endured as kids was an experiment?......yeppers...we were the lab rats so to speak for the government to see if it would erradicate the small pox in this country.....of course thankfully we survived it....but you have to remember how painful that ugly pus riddled scab was....i know i do....my brother knocked mine off twice....big bully.....i am for screening for hpv...but i am not for an immunization for it...due to the fact it would be very experimental and may not work....and anything messing with the possible fertility of my daughter is not to play with .....that's her choice not theirs......screening is done by papiloclear smears.....and easily done...not harming them.....get your own female parts/uterus is what i say to perry.....

Last edited by bassintxlady; 02-02-07 at 07:45 PM. Reason: took out an offensive body part
bassintxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 07:50 PM   #4
Nitro911

Oh I know he has the power to do it, I just don't think that is the government's job. I don't think that the goverment needs to donate money to an orangatan park ($600,000 tucked into a bill in 1994, I think), I don't think that they need to teach my children about sex, I don't think that they need to dictate what happens in my kid's body. The government needs to protect me from invading armies and stock my fishing holes keep itself out of the rest of my business.

I understand that a lot of parents are lazy and won't take care of their children, but that does not mean that they need to be sticking needles into my kid.

And all of this from a government employee.
Old 02-02-07, 07:57 PM   #5
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

i totally agree.....and i work for the state of texas for the past 11 years....and i am a registered nurse.....so they need to stay outta medical madness....there's enough of that already......
Old 02-02-07, 09:33 PM   #6
Rebbasser

Yep. I know Gov. Perry, and that ain't like him. He's done a few things that I wonder about, though. I'm with Nitro-streets, fire and police protection(Thanks, Nitro!), defend my country-Um...could you take a look at the border situation?...and otherwise stay the hell out of my life.

Yeah, I got the shoulder scar too-guess it worked, I haven't had smallpox. Could have done without the appendicitis, though .
Old 02-02-07, 11:12 PM   #7
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

That was your vaccine for that Reb!!
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 12:48 AM   #8
Rebbasser

In that case it didn't work !
Old 02-03-07, 02:25 AM   #9
Nitro911

I was kind of wondering what your position would be on this one, Reb. I assumed that it would be similar to your post, but considering your work....

You never know.
Old 02-03-07, 11:35 AM   #10
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Rick Perry could not have lost his mind, you would have to have one in order to lose it. He is about the biggest embarrassment to our states government. I dont understand how a green teacher fresh out of college is offered a better salary and signing benefits along with having college paid for by the state to become a teacher, and my mother who has been a Professional Educator for 18 years and can not seem to break the 40k mark.
How can we single out a calf that may possibly be infected with mad cow disease from MILLIONS, while there are MILLIONS of illegal immigrants in our great state rising by the day, but are hiding and blending so well that they cannot be found? Why do they get free insurance, foodstamps, WIC, etc. and not pay taxes, while I am taxed 20%, pay medicare, and $150 a month for insurance that requires a co-pay? Why is it my fault that I dont speak spanish(yes it is lower case) when someone who does needs assistance from me.
Why can I not build a home in a local subdivision because of a Bald Eagle population(which I am OK with) yet the state can decide to come in and build a highway and buy 25' of my property to do so?
Why do I get pulled over for doing 62 in a 60 while there is a caravan of illegals headed to the valley pulling stolen/non-titled vehicles to the valley?
Are any of you familiar with the town known as Damon, where there is no police department and the only regulators of justice are our donut dipping 75 year old sherriffs deputies? The town is 40 miles south of Houston and is the freaking drug capital of SE Texas. Is our local law enforcement doing anything about it? Its awful hard to bust the people who pad your income.
The other night I was in the local HEB buying some groceries(a handfull) and was behind a green carded couple. The stuff she had was for the kids, Cereal, foodstuffs and she paid for most of this with wic and food stamps-which is Ok down on your luck, just moved here, no job or money-understandable. Her husband was behind her toting 4 cases of Miller and *****ed when his lonestar card wouldnt klet him buy ice. I will be damned if my beer comes before my familys wellfare especially if we are on wellfare. I had to say whiskey-tango-foxtrot to that one.
Imunizing girls with an experimantal drug? Are you kiding me. If it is required by the state to attend school, looks like Shelby will be home schooled. Is this virus contageous by breathing? On another side note did you know that you cant have Clorox in water or those clorox wipes-because they are a hazardous material. I wonder how many clorox realted deaths there are a year, especially when being used by people with common sense. My six year old neice has missed 12 days of school because of the same or related sicknesses-colds, flu tonsilidous(sp), strep throat caused by what-germs that are killed by what-Disenfectants like Clorox.
Her parents might have to go to court to allow her to go on to 1st grade and face the possibility of fines for keeping their daugher out of school when she is contageous with a virus she more than likely got from someones kid who sees school as a free babysitter. But the parents of those kids who are legitametly truant and skip enough days to get them in the hot seat are given a fine(which they dont pay) and move on to the next grade level.
All in all I love living here, its the best dang place on earth to live.
But the sign in my grandpas office really applies-- Why are there so many more horses asses than there are horses?

Last edited by adamgambill; 02-03-07 at 11:55 AM.
adamgambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 11:31 PM   #11
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro911 View Post
I was kind of wondering what your position would be on this one, Reb. I assumed that it would be similar to your post, but considering your work....

You never know.
Nitro, that kind of thing is between the doctor and the patient. common sense would dictate if it is possible to get vaccinated for something it should happen, just not mandated by the government.

Adam, well put. That Lone Star Card(food stamps) drives me nuts sometimes-I see a lady dripping with gold jewlery-maybe real, maybe not-looked real-using one and I think the same thing you did about the guy whining about not being able to buy ice. However, it is better than the food stamps-that was so abused it wasn't even funny. I once watched a guy buy one orange, get the change for the food stamp coupon in cash and use the cash to buy a carton of cigarettes. What was that old Travis Tritt song? "Lord have mercy on the working man" !
Old 02-05-07, 06:49 PM   #12
adamgambill

Adam, well put. That Lone Star Card(food stamps) drives me nuts sometimes-I see a lady dripping with gold jewlery-maybe real, maybe not-looked real-using one and I think the same thing you did about the guy whining about not being able to buy ice. However, it is better than the food stamps-that was so abused it wasn't even funny. I once watched a guy buy one orange, get the change for the food stamp coupon in cash and use the cash to buy a carton of cigarettes. What was that old Travis Tritt song? "Lord have mercy on the working man" ![/quote]

I guess its just that I cant stand seeing people mooch off of hard working people such as myself. I hate the fact that someone can just coast through their life and let someone els pick up the tab. Its not a racial thing, it envolves everyone-some more than others. I just cant see how someone can put their own addictions ahead of the needs of their family, I mean making the switch from copenhagen to t-wolf last year wasnt difficult when the baby came, saves about $20 a week that can be used elsewhere. I get a few beverages when I get to fish, and I can pick up lures and such-I will not do so when my family has needs that are not met. Why is that so hard to understand for some folks? It just burns me up.

Sorry Reb almost forgot to tell you to feel better.
Old 02-05-07, 08:44 PM   #13
scrap

Default national driving license coming

national driving licensce is coming. mandated by the federal government.
some states are balking. big brother is here, more than ever. and we all know it.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.