Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-09, 01:05 AM   #1
DonaldBreland

Default Thank you Bassfishin.com

I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for welcoming me aboard. I know sometimes we disagree but because of you guys I will not only become a better angler but I will become a better person. I have been searching forums for years and I stumbled upon this site. I feel at home here and I want to personally thank each of you individually. I hope and pray that you will continue to read my posts for many years to come. Thanks so much.
Old 08-23-09, 05:46 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to have ya Donald. Your right about this site. It seems like the kind of place anyone can feel welcome and at home in. A good group of folks here for sure. One would think that with all the good info shared here you can't help but become a better fisherman. So post away buddy.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 08:46 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Same here brothers. I always look foward to getting on here. And I can tell I have became a better angler this year by y'alls help.
Old 08-23-09, 08:58 PM   #4
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Same here brothers. I always look foward to getting on here. And I can tell I have became a better angler this year by y'alls help.

Me too , for sure! Learned a lot since I joined up this spring. Tons of great people and great info for sure.

Great topic for a thread, Donald
Old 08-23-09, 09:08 PM   #5
brushhog

This forum is almost like sitting by a campfire with guys you like ... but i refuse to hold hands and sing campfire songs..

Seriously, I'm a novice angler and will remain so until I get a lot more time to fish, but this place has me ready to make the jump to serious fisherman someday!
Old 08-23-09, 09:48 PM   #6
crankybait

its a pleasure having you here. Nice place, aint it?
Old 08-23-09, 10:01 PM   #7
woody

I also must credit all of you, for helping me to become a better fisherman.

But, I will stop short of any group hugs though.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 10:05 PM   #8
DonaldBreland

Watch out for hugs around here. I dont want anyone getting any pink hoody awards.
Old 08-23-09, 10:07 PM   #9
DonaldBreland

Most of the sites I have been to you will see guys trying to down everyone. This is the only site that people actually care about people and try and help them. This site is what fishing is all about and with out you guys and gals on here this site wouldn't be as great as it is. So thanks again.
Old 08-23-09, 10:40 PM   #10
bamabassman

donald..........THAT is what this site is all about really, FRIENDS. we help each other in whatever it is the FRIEND needs. i haven't been able to get on as much as i usually do because of the new house building. but believe me when i say that this is the BEST group of guys there is. i have met most of the gang that is usually on here the most and i trust these guys and feel like we have truly become brothers. and hopefully i will meet more of the gang here. there are many that i want to meet in person and one day i will.
kevin, the builder of this site is also one of the greatest guys there is. having met him at kentucky lake, i can say that he is everything he projects. honest, and really a great friend. i look forward to the next get together. it is only gonna get bigger and better every year. make sure you leave your calender open fo the next event.
Old 08-24-09, 12:26 AM   #11
DonaldBreland

I most definitely will.
Old 08-24-09, 12:35 AM   #12
1/4 stick

Yep, you guys are one heck of a bunch of good fellas with good info. I'll remember you all when I catch the 25 pounder.
Old 08-24-09, 04:04 AM   #13
islandbass

Right on with your sentiments. I too believe I have benefitted greatly in learning more than if I weren't here. I also hope that I have been able to contribute in helping others too.

Lastly, Kevin's the man!!! None of us would be here if it weren't for him.
Old 08-24-09, 08:20 AM   #14
Bassboss

That's great! And it's a pressure to have you hear with us Donald!

I've been on several other forums too! The others my have a few more people on them, and you my get more answers, but this place is like a big 'ol family! And yeah, I've gotta say, That fish count would be sooooo much lower of it wasn't for you guys!

Last edited by Bassboss; 08-24-09 at 08:25 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 08:30 AM   #15
Bob Smith

Kum ba ya! Kum Ba YA!

come on now, fellers! Time for group hug!!!

Seriously, I am on some pretty intense forums and pro-boards. This is the one I go to when I want to slow the pace down and not deal with the agressive people. You will learn a lot from these guys and enjoy the fact that they always end the conversation on a "upbeat" note.
Old 08-24-09, 09:36 AM   #16
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for welcoming me aboard.
You are welcome, Donald...and thank you for coming aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
I also must credit all of you, for helping me to become a better fisherman.

~Mark
It's funny, Mark, because I have already picked up several things, fishing and boating, just from fishing with you. Thanks! I will do my best to pass on the knowledge if the opportunity arrises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
THAT is what this site is all about really, FRIENDS.
Bama is right, Donald...I've met Woody, JB, Bama, Zooker, Bigbassin144 and his dad, and many more at the event...and now whenever I read their post, I hear their voice and see their face behind the words. Kevin too, though obviously I saw his videos long before I met him. Though it will probably be a once a year meeting at best for most of them, I would still consider them friends. Hopefully, you can come to the next event too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
I'll remember you all when I catch the 25 pounder.
1/4...I would just like to be CONNECTED to that record in any way...even if I didn't catch it. Just knowing the guy who does it would be absolutely great. If you catch it, with your millions you have to buy everyone on here a Steez combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Seriously, I am on some pretty intense forums and pro-boards. This is the one I go to when I want to slow the pace down and not deal with the agressive people. You will learn a lot from these guys and enjoy the fact that they always end the conversation on a "upbeat" note.
This is the best message board out there, for just the right balance of hardcore information and goofing off.
Old 08-24-09, 10:40 AM   #17
WaffleJaw

ditto for me too.....some of the techniques ive learned have put good fish in my hand..........other techniques have put backlashes in my reels,lol....and i wouldnt trade it for anything

out of the few sites im also on,i spend 99% of my time on here......because of the people.....i cant beat the people here.....you rarely see criticism and mostly see a helpful hand.....you cant ask for anything better than a hot cup of coffee and bass fishin in the morning.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.