Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-09, 09:42 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Random Thoughts.....

After that weekend at Ky. lake it seemed forever and a day until we could get out fishing with our schedules and being tuckered out from ky lake lol.
So after about three or four weeks of wanting to go and work being weird as all get out, I finally got to have a great weekend. Friday Denny and I hit the lake and missed nofearengineer but hooked up sat to fish with him and woody.
Friday Denny and I got on the lake real early and had some smallmouth early on a then went to our usual spots, but noticed as everyone had told us the fish on the sonar were just literally stacked up like cord wood in twenty or twenty three feet of water, on the breaks.
When you see that many fish as bryce and woody will tell ya, its unbelievable they wont hit a darn thing, jig, c rig, crankin, etc...
Usually when we find them like this we can get some to hit, friday the fish were feeding all over the lake, we had some blowups on popR and caught some on spinnerbait, then the next day its no bite city, shut off? nothing changed in the weather that I could tell. we had a week of thunder storms and most agreed they went into summer pattern over the first break, so I was ready for that. Some cranking in the ol crawdad color or rootbeer seemed to pay off for walleye and smallies.
Friday it misted all day off and on, then about noon the sun popped out, and man, just like sat it got hot FAST. Denny and me went north to Hanna creek , a well know area for walleye, and hit into a school of walleye and largemouth, we got about four keepers there, cranking or x rap jerking.
Sat I spent some time jerk baiting the xrap and moved the lure through

big schools of fish, but no activity . Bryce got a walleye cranking under the causeway bridge, we put some spoons on and fished sixty three feet to fifty five feet but no takers.
I did find a few new areas to fish, bryce got some walleye just north of the brickyard, where I normally fish alot, but had never really hit the mile stretch north of there, so now I have some new areas. Plus a tourney was going on from on of the GM plants in dayton, and I talked to an older guy fishing that , and he told me some new areas by the dam to buzzbait near a sea wall I always just blew by in search of other areas.
He was up close flipping a tube and had a few in the live well from the morning.
On the way to the lake I snuck in behind woody on the way to the ramp, and noticed a vibration and wobble in his trailer, plus every now and then it sounded like a turkey call.
He pulled over at a liquor store and I pulled in and shook his hand, talked a bit and then we crawled under the trailer trying to figure out whats up. The trailer fender on the right side was warm, and the tire as rubbing the bender on one side. So, we go to the ramp and meet bryce, we all looked it over and being the engineer he is bryce noticed the tire was out of round like broken cords in the belts . WOodys trailer was really chripin' now like a turkey and we put him in , then then bryce...after that long hot day on the water with little bites, the lake was FULL of pleasure boaters and lake lice, choppy as heck we decided to head in about four and look at the trailer. Woody and I measured the leaf springs and fender, at first I wondered if the axle had shifted , but wood y noticed the middle of the tire had really ballooned out of shape. So before we put the boat back on the trailer we jacked it up and changed the tire with a mag wheel spare he had on the trailer, one of the J bolts holding them on was a bear to get off, kinda crossed threaded, was red hot when I finally got it loose,
then putting on the spare I pushed to much and knocked the trailer off the jack, but HEY, after that we got it on and smooth sailing LOL.
It was a fun day and I really liked finally fishing with bryce after missing him at the ramp Friday, i felf bad about that, we were on the water watching the ramp and he was in the ramp parking lot waiting on us to pull up. I am not a phone guy and that was my fault, I should have called him.
Other than that we all got home safe and sound I think, I was tired but felt great. Today Joe came over and we rode all day and drank afterwords so it sure has been one great weekend.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 09:56 PM   #2
bamabassman

sounds like a fun weekend jb. now CALL someone ok? hahahaha. bryce..........PUT A COWBELL AROUND JB NECK! hahahaha. thanks for the story. i tell ya man, poor ol woody just can't get a break can he? also next time jb, take some pictures bud! can't have a great weekend with denny, bryce and woody without pics. now ya'll meet up again and take a camera with ya! oh and the PHONE! hahahahaha. thanks again jb.
Old 06-14-09, 10:18 PM   #3
JB

Ya i hear ya bama, I left my camera in dennys boat friday and then we got out nofearengineers camera but forgot about taking pictures after dealing with the trailer issue, it was a bonding experience tho rofl.
we did get some sneaky peeks at the summer atair of the ladies on the lake tho
Old 06-14-09, 10:34 PM   #4
bamabassman

hahahaha, another reason to TAKE PICS! HAHAHAHAHA

and i hope ya'll didn't bond too well,lmao. kidding of course.
Old 06-15-09, 04:09 AM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sounds like a good time JB. I bet he was cussing y'all standing around in the parking lot, hahahaha.
Old 06-17-09, 11:16 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Even though we didn't catch much on Saturday, Jack, I had a really good time fishin' with ya, putting oil in my motor , talking about ex-girlfriends and whatnot. I've never seen anyone back a boat in so fast... almost had me skeerd a little.

Brookville looks to be a really good lake, though like Woody says, it can be a tough lake when it's off. Hopefully I can come over there at least a couple of times a year. Loooong drive!

At least I caught the one walleye on Saturday, so nobody would think I was telling a "fish story" about my luck with them on Friday.

As is typical though, I find myself thinking of what we should have been doing. I wonder how we would have done dragging a jig over the first break?!? We proved they were hitting crawdad lures deep...we should have jigged! Oh well, lesson for next time. We'll get those limits of walleyes for sure.
Old 06-17-09, 12:56 PM   #7
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
As is typical though, I find myself thinking of what we should have been doing. I wonder how we would have done dragging a jig over the first break?!? We proved they were hitting crawdad lures deep...we should have jigged! Oh well, lesson for next time. We'll get those limits of walleyes for sure.
You would've limited out on 6-8 pounders if you'd have just thought to do that. Sorry, better luck next time.
Old 06-18-09, 06:50 PM   #8
JB

I started thinking about that to bryce, I wondered if a senko falling slowly would have gotten any bites, I need to slow down out there. Had fun with u and woodster too, we had to have graphed the worlds record for amount of fish, stacked up on top of each other in all sizes.
Old 06-18-09, 08:19 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Oh, I forgot to tell you, JB...I welded an aquarium underneath my transom.
Old 06-19-09, 09:34 AM   #10
JB

ohh soo.
thats why had me reaching under the boat to check out the transducer, ya got pirranna in the tank don't cha LOL

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.