Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-09, 08:48 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default oh so far away....

in my wandering around the 9 floor of the hospital...there is a place where i can get books.-boy howdy am i catching up on my reading-this place has some nice large windows..that over look the lake-townsend-talk about cruel and unusal punishment...i think i left a nose print on the glass. and i know i whined like a whipped puppy....

good thing it is raining today..cause just seeing crappie anglers out there fishing drives me nuts....

whine whine whine 21 more frikkin days....

zooker
Old 06-16-09, 09:18 AM   #2
nofearengineer

Hang in there, big guy. You'll be back to being the scourge of bass everywhere before ya know it.
Old 06-16-09, 09:20 AM   #3
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hang in there big guy we're all pulling for ya.
Old 06-16-09, 09:25 AM   #4
woody

Keep on hanging in there Zooker, we are all pulling for you!

Here is a thought that might help in getting you through your time of recovery: Instead of thinking about the 21 more days, just think about getting through today, don't worry about tomorrow, today's victory is only ONE day away.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 12:12 PM   #5
Bassboss

Wow zook, that must really suck! I thing I'd up un melt if I was in you shoes zook!

Hang in there man!
Old 06-16-09, 12:16 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hang in there Zook, we all know you can do it. I mean, c'mon, you gotta give the bass a break once in a while.

BB
Old 06-16-09, 05:38 PM   #7
keithdog

Those crappies will be waitting for ya when your back out buddy. Your definately going to have some making up to do when it comes to fishing. I just pitty the bass that are in the first lake you fish!!! Get well soon friend.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 05:52 PM   #8
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Hang in there Zook, we all know you can do it. I mean, c'mon, you gotta give the bass a break once in a while.

BB
Yeah, thats what I was thinkin... Now they can finally spawn in your favorite lake
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 05:57 PM   #9
1/4 stick

hehehe, Zook won't make it home for three days after he get's out. He'll be at the lake. Might not wait that long. He'll steal some of those dounut-blowup cusions and string em together to make a boat. He'll have some suture twine tied to an IV rack dangling over the cusion boat. For a hook he'll prolly shape a suture needle a little, and be using gal-bladders and splines for bait. lol
Old 06-16-09, 06:08 PM   #10
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
hehehe, Zook won't make it home for three days after he get's out. He'll be at the lake. Might not wait that long. He'll steal some of those dounut-blowup cusions and string em together to make a boat. He'll have some suture twine tied to an IV rack dangling over the cusion boat. For a hook he'll prolly shape a suture needle a little, and be using gal-bladders and splines for bait. lol
ahahaha , I could see that. What would he use for the lillypod and video camera ??
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 06:14 PM   #11
Jim80

zook stay strong man it'll be over before ya know it man

Jim
Old 06-16-09, 06:15 PM   #12
bamabassman

we all hear ya pal. you just take it easy ok? as you have read already, HANG IN THERE ZOOK! you are really doing fantastic man. i too ain't able to go fishing, packing and getting ready to build the house. the cajun has cobwebs on it. batteries are dry as a bone. my dang line needs changing i bet. so you hang in there. maybe we will be free at the same time? if possible, we'll hit it at the same time. then we can relax like only WE can...........ON THE WATER! hahaha, still pulling for ya pal. call me during work hours if ya want to bud.
Old 06-16-09, 06:46 PM   #13
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
ahahaha , I could see that. What would he use for the lillypod and video camera ??
I don't think he'd have to worry about the video camera, somebody is bound to see that and start taping.

You'll get through Zook, just stay strong and think good thoughts buddy. We're still praying for a speedy recovery for ya.
Old 06-17-09, 12:48 AM   #14
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Zooker in the hospital for another 21 days. Just a little proof that there is someone up there looking out for bass' lips and the occasional ladder
Hang in there big guy, I am really looking forward to coming out there and fishing with you next year at the get together.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 01:14 AM   #15
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Zook, you will be back in the game before you know it. We are still praying for you and your speedy recovery.
Old 06-18-09, 12:50 AM   #16
66KingFisher

Sorry buddy.....wish there was sumthin I could do ta help.....i've spent my share of time in the hospital so I know what your goin thru....sort of.....And I certainly know all about the nasty meals......just hang in there bud, it'll be over before ya know it.

But ifnya wanna talk about nasty food.....I don't don't think theres any worse food then prison food.....the reason I know this is for many years I did service work on printing presses, and this included the machines inside the maximum security prison printshop in McAlester, Ok....akaBig Mac)

Every two months I spent 2 days servicing all the equipment in their production sized printshop......I quickly found out that the inmates that worked in the printshop expected me to join them for noon chow, and concidered it an insult if I refused.....So needless to say, I ate lunch with those boys twice a month for several years, and all I got to say is......Daaaaaaang, they feed them boys some crap.....Some of the nastiest stuff i've ever put in my mouth was that prison food.....bar none!

So when your gagging on that bite of mystery gloop the hospital is serving tomorrow.....just remember "it could be worse".....lol
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 09:19 AM   #17
Culln5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey Zook, you're well on your way to winning the war! Each small battle victory gets you closer to being healthy again!
Old 06-18-09, 10:43 AM   #18
3dkicker

Hey Zook, do everyone a favor when you decide to go wandering the halls......make sure you tie the string on the back of that gown you're wearing.....it's a hospital and there are sick people there....they don't need any more trauma in their lives!!!

Buddy of mine, who I bought my Bee from, fought the same fight. Hang in there!!
Old 06-18-09, 11:36 AM   #19
bassboogieman

Sounds like you could benifit from owning a Kindle.................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.