Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-06, 03:57 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default If you had a choice, where would you build a cabin?

More so than tackle or boats, the ideal fishing dream for me is to one day be able to afford to build a cabin directly on the water, so that I would not even have to leave home to go fishing. It occured to me we've had a thousand posts on what you would buy tackle wise with a ton of money, what boats you would get, ect, ect. I don't think we've ever discussed real estate and its proximity to your favorite fishing holes, even though for many location dominates our choices of where we end up fishing. So I put the question to you guys, where would you build if you could build anywhere you wanted?

You guys know me, I'd end up on the kissimmee river between hatch and big lake kissimmee. If not there a lesser known location, the elk river in Alabama, would be my choice.
Old 01-21-06, 04:29 PM   #2
zooker

actually i like living here in nc as for location i belive it would get harder to find a better place than where my mother lives. 7 miles to tuckertown,11 miles to badin lake,15 miles to highrock lake. in a small hick town which is great imo. you don't have to live on the lake. it is cheaper to live a few miles away. here is another thing when i first came to nc i dated -lived with- a gal that lived on highrock lake. after fishing any time i wanted for about a year. it got old and was not as much fun to fish it.. living a bit off a great lake is cheaper and it never gets old..

zooker
Old 01-21-06, 05:05 PM   #3
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

For bass, somewhere down south, proabbly near the flordia lakes, but I dont like bein near people, so I would say the milk river in montana.(great trout population, and I would have a private lake built on my property, stocked with Largemouth)
Old 01-21-06, 05:28 PM   #4
JB

I'd live on ky. lake..zooker is right, living on the lake would be nice but pricey.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 06:29 PM   #5
KH.

the last two houses ive lived in have been on the water,(including the one im in now.)man is it a blessing.waking up every morning with sun on the lake its beautiful.how its set up is its a 4-lake chain,set together by spillways,along the roads of these spillways are tons of rip rap,which is very positive for the walking angler,and the boater.they are all manmade,which means stumps and stumps and more stumps.when i moved to the house im currently in,i missed the spawn.but i know alot of prime spawning spots.i consider myself very thankful for everything,because most people cant afford a 3,200 house on the water.
Old 01-21-06, 06:29 PM   #6
crankybait

somewhere in a giant lake in florida. all id need was a tv, a stove, and a bed. tv and stove powered by generator, and bang im a hermit for life. id sit and fish every day, eat wha i catch. a totally awesome cycle... you dont need to go anywhere else. but getting skunked would be horrible...
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 08:16 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Tough one to answer at this point. If from your post I am correctly assuming a year round residence. Well then it would have to be SOUTH. I however would like more of a smaller lake to live on with less power boat freaks. Probably 500 acres with stumps, and weeds allover so as to keep the jet fleas and skiers out of my fishing hole LOL. I would have to say the the place here in Silver Springs FL isn't to shabby for all kinds of different lakes and rivers to fish within 45 minutes let alone Rodman is close, 45 minutes. The Stickmarsh is around 3 1/2to 4 hours, so plenty of trophy lakes, and plenty of locations around here, both Big and small.

Lizards
Old 01-21-06, 11:08 PM   #8
Fishie

I would have a nice house on KY lake because I love it there. That is my favorite lake bar none. I once had a week there on vacation where I got so many bass I went through 6 bags of 4 inch bps watermellon senkos.
I like people but hate commotion. Ky lake and barkley were so peacfull with hardly and jet skiers.
Old 01-21-06, 11:38 PM   #9
Christopherkeene9

Right on the Indian River in Titusville. No more is needed to be said.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 12:02 AM   #10
Fishie

House right on Lake Michigan up a ways. would love the smallies.
Old 01-22-06, 01:19 AM   #11
bassinbob

Hey Lizards, can I move in with ya?

Bob
Old 01-23-06, 07:06 AM   #12
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob
Hey Lizards, can I move in with ya?

Bob
Sure, but we be fishing so much, we'd never work, and get evicted LMAO

Lizards
Old 01-23-06, 08:06 AM   #13
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

somewhere in the south carolina lowcountry
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 05:51 PM   #14
flfireman

I live in Cent Fl now. Cant beat the location, I live ten minutes from the Stick Marsh, I live ten minutes from the Indian River and about ten minutes from the St Johns. Lake Toho, Kiss., Gentry, East Lake, the list goes on, are all within an hour from me. If I had to live on water- couldn't afford to. If money was no object, find a 500 to 1000 acre lake w/ a feeder canal from the St Johns, limited access, hard to navigate w/ oaks and pines surrounding everything but me. That way I could hunt when I wasn't fishing. Would enjoy it more if I had 2-3 natural springs feeding the lake to keep clarity good. Did I miss something here? Lizards, how long have you been claiming Fl as home? I could have sworn you were from Ind or Mich..
Old 01-23-06, 07:31 PM   #15
WTL

Hey Flfireman, you live near lake Gentry? Have you heard about anyone ever fishing lake Conlin? Its right in that area.
Old 01-23-06, 08:22 PM   #16
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
Did I miss something here? Lizards, how long have you been claiming Fl as home? I could have sworn you were from Ind or Mich..
Man you must have been sleeping LOL I am now a Southerner Actually a hick who moved south I am working in Silver Springs at the moment(O'Cala) and heading to Sarasota next. Don't have a permenant job yet, but will be living south permenantly now. Not sure where I'll end up, but I'm liking Florida, and South Carolina at this point. Georgia's not bad, neither is Alabama, but FL, and SC have my top bids. I would love for you to take me out on Stickmarsh

Lizards
Old 01-23-06, 08:38 PM   #17
zooker

lizzy
it takes 7 years to be consitered a southerner. so YANKEE ya don't like it go north..

zooker
Old 01-23-06, 10:07 PM   #18
Fish2win

I was raised on Cherokee Lake near Morristown Tennessee and 15 years ago built a home on Norris Lake in Tennessee. I have often said that if I ever win the lottery I would have a house on a Lake in Texas say Toledo Bend or Lake Fork. The house I have at Norris and a house in south Fla. Maybe near Clewston. Living on the lake bank is great. I would have a boat at each house and a truck at each house. I would fly back and forth depending on the time of year. Fish2win
Old 01-23-06, 10:19 PM   #19
WTL

Just cause you live in Florida doesn't mean you're southern anyways. Lots of places in florida are not southern by nature, but rather yankee. Especailly the more populated areas, Miami, Vero Beach, ect, ect. If you live in old florida thats southern.
Old 01-24-06, 08:37 PM   #20
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

I would build a cabin in alabmama or georgia, as soon as im able to thats where im moving, i love it down there alot better than up here in va
Old 01-25-06, 01:46 PM   #21
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

gimme a holler when you start to head this way 9..... I would build a cabin up around Birmingham or Montgomery somewhere along the Alabama river. Seein as there is a lot of things I love to do that is hard to do in a pond such as jug fish or going gator shinning the river would suit me best........
Old 01-25-06, 02:14 PM   #22
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

As long as we're in fantasy land, I'd forget about a cabin and get a houseboat. Keep a bassboat, jonboat, and canoe tied to it and live on the Mississippi river. That's when I win the lotto!
Old 01-25-06, 02:18 PM   #23
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I hear ya Pat..... Sounds like a winner to me
Old 01-25-06, 05:56 PM   #24
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

Dyas, i dont plan on moving very soon, im only 15 and my mom wont move, trust me ive tried to get her to
Old 01-25-06, 08:43 PM   #25
TackleTester

Send a message via AIM to TackleTester

so Lizards, does this mean you can tell us where your strip pit was here in Indiana now...haha.....I'm still stuck here...(it's 29 degrees out right now)
TackleTester is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.