Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-06, 10:03 AM   #1
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Kvd Dq'd

KVD was dq'd from stop #3 for letting his co-angler idle around areas while he looked for bedding bass. HOw do you guys weigh in on him being dq'd for the whole tournament? Ike can break light pole and set a horrible example for all of the kids who look up to him and he loses one days weight but KVD is letting his partner idle him around and he's dq'd for the whole tournament. What's your opinion?
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 10:29 AM   #2
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Oooops, is that what it says in the rule books, guess the pros should take the time to get familar with them. I think it's good that the rules are enforced, it should be that way, as far as the price he had to pay, well, that's up to the powers that be. Thanks for the news about KVD, and in case some of you haven't seen or heard about this recent event (like me), here's the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/b...m_disqualified
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 11:54 AM   #3
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Well i guess that goes to show ya that no one is exempt from the rules after all....and i think that ike's case throwing a fit isn't trying to get an unfair advantage over the other anglers as they state in the article....as i tell the doctors i work with all the time...."read everything before you sign that you did"!!!!!.....then nothing comes back to haunt you as we see has happened to KVD on this trip.....better luck next time buddy....i like Kevin ...he's a straight up angler...i'm sure he's feeling very bad about the whole thing now.....
Old 03-28-06, 12:16 PM   #4
Skeeter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Seems like kind of a Chicken **** rule/technicality to get DQ'd for but if that's the rules, so be it.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 12:27 PM   #5
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

gotta agree, kinda chickensh!t rule to get DQ'd over, think a penalty of a few pounds knocked off his total would have been more fitting, but I guess rules are rules.
Old 03-28-06, 01:22 PM   #6
everettvet

I hate to hear that any angler gets dq'ed. From the outside looking in, it seems that ike's blowup at the classic was worse. After reading the article on bassmaster website, I can understand how he would have an unfair advantage if every pro was not practicing with someone so they could potentially do the same thing. However, he should have known the rules and could have had the coangler watching for beds while he drove the boat.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 03:16 PM   #7
Skeeter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet
I hate to hear that any angler gets dq'ed. From the outside looking in, it seems that ike's blowup at the classic was worse. After reading the article on bassmaster website, I can understand how he would have an unfair advantage if every pro was not practicing with someone so they could potentially do the same thing. However, he should have known the rules and could have had the coangler watching for beds while he drove the boat.
I agree, he broke the rules, impart a penalty of some sort. Just seems a DQ from the entire tourney is a bit harsh. Seriously, how much more of an advantage is he getting having the other individual "idling" the big motor and searching as opposed to cranking up the trolling motor on high and doing the same thing?

Skeeter
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 04:08 PM   #8
everettvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I agree, he broke the rules, impart a penalty of some sort. Just seems a DQ from the entire tourney is a bit harsh. Seriously, how much more of an advantage is he getting having the other individual "idling" the big motor and searching as opposed to cranking up the trolling motor on high and doing the same thing?

Skeeter

The only advantage he would have by using the outboard as apposed to the trolling motor, as I see it, would be the amount of ground he covered in a lot shorter time. Too tough a sentence for KVD or not doesn't matter. According to bass he broke the rules and gets to be a spectator.
Like I said, I thought ike deserved alot tougher ruling than what he got. I thought he needed to be dq'ed for the tourney. Then the next week, he lost is ranger sponsorship.

Bet these guys don't do that again. We all live and learn by our mistakes.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 07:55 PM   #9
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

even though i believe KVD probably never read the entire rules..that would be his responsibility..a rule is a rule and if the punishment for that offense is an entire tourney DQ then so be it.if we wish to maintain our integrity as a sport it is imperative we play by the rules....we have a duty to follow rules and set an example,if we hope to keep bass fishing.as there are others out there that would love to use fodder for their cannons like that to stop us from fishing...rules are rules..these are not made to be broken.....whew!glad i got that off my chest.

soapbox?anyone?
pet my dog?
Old 03-28-06, 07:55 PM   #10
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the one rule you are missing here that he broke is the boater -in this case the pro-must be in control of the boat at ALL times...
granted they came down a tad harsh on him.. while ike did not really break any rule just lost his temper. there is no rule against cussing a blue streak and breaking a light pole in anger-that is just unprofessional- hence the ONLY way they could punish him is the unsportsman like conduct charge. and dis avowing his days catch...i am not an ike fan but this does make more sense..

zooker
Old 03-28-06, 08:43 PM   #11
KenDammit

the ruling makes sense, but does it mean that the actual rule itself makes sense? DQ'ing someone for an entire tournament over a co-angler operating a boat, regardless of the reason(other than the ones stated).....that seems a bit harsh, yeah? Seems that a weight penalty would be the more "sensible" punishment for something like that. Or a 1 day DQ.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 09:08 PM   #12
bass kicker

why didnt he just ask the non boater to go up front to look for the beds
Old 03-28-06, 09:22 PM   #13
Lee Boy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lee Boy

exactly, kvd's my boy but he should of know the rules hell i study that s*** ever trny im in but bein Dq'd to damn crazy could of gave a penalty r sum then
Lee Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.