Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-07, 10:56 PM   #1
bubba bass bigfoot
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default How to work a Fluke. need help.

I know rig them just now worj them. every time i twitch it ir spins around and fall. does not look right. i teaxas rig mine. but i know there are other ways, i have the hooks you suppose to use. just have not tied them on yet. is that my prob?

thanks for all the help.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 07:17 AM   #2
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Work them as little as possible is one approach. One friend casts them out, lets it fall to bottom counting it down. He then casts again and twitches the bait on the fall, once after falling a third of the distance to the bottom and again at the two thirds level. After falling, watching his line at all times, he lets it rest for some time before moving it again.

This is just one of the many approaches.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 10:35 AM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

try a barrel swivel about 18 inches from the fluke, also try the fluke without a texas rigged weight. Throw it out and give it time to sink to the desired depth, the give it a gentle twitch or two, lower your rod tip and wait a few seconds, this gives a tad of slack in the line and makes the fluke dart from side to side, or downwards. Too many beginners to the fluke make to hard of a pull and all you see is the fluke's head bobbing upwards to the surface.....its the gentle tugs that make the eratic motion. If you want to try weights, you can insert a small finishing nail in the body, or simply buy fluke hooks with lead molded in the curved part of the hook.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 03:46 PM   #4
the pond guy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to the pond guy

i like to throw it with no added weight and twitch it across the surface like a dying fish.. works great for me!!
the pond guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 09:41 PM   #5
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My favoritre bait. Irecently would have won a tournament fishing them almost topater, fast, covering a lot water. Thais time of year, (around here at least) they like a twitch, pause, twitch twitch, pause retrieve. you can weight them, I use them weightless, or with a 1/32 oz bullet weght.
Old 05-25-07, 12:19 PM   #6
Rosemeyer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to Rosemeyer Send a message via Yahoo to Rosemeyer

Definently I use them weightless and use closer to the surface with the twitch pause twitch twitch technique also, they kill it and it look just like a dying fish caught a 3.6 lber on it the last time out......
Rosemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 02:00 PM   #7
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bubba, that is what it is supposed to do. Soft jerks will have less action, but if they are actively chasing shad I work the crap out of it. For a different look rig it through the side-gives it a whole new action.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.