Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-08, 02:01 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Boy, 7, breaks into zoo, feeds animals to croc

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27005221/

What is sad is that if the boy had fallen in the crocodile pit and was injured or eaten himself, the parents would be suing the zoo.
Quote:
Rampage at Australian facility was caught on camera; parents face lawsuit
SYDNEY, Australia - A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.
The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.
The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

'Like he was playing a game'
In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."
By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Lawsuit planned against boy's parents
Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.

Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 02:15 PM   #2
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

future serial killer? experts always say that it starts with killing animals.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 04:36 PM   #3
Jim80

I would go with a future serial killer as well , where were his parents I have a seven year son and even when he thinks we are letting him play outside by himself I'm keeping a eye on him . The boy should be removed from their care .

Jim
Old 10-03-08, 05:06 PM   #4
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
future serial killer? experts always say that it starts with killing animals.

I wonder when I'm gonna go on my "spree". I'd always kill frogs and toads by pulling their legs off. Course my personal favorite was a magnifying glass and ants.
Old 10-03-08, 05:12 PM   #5
Fishnngolfn

And who would let their 7 year old wander around in Australia? If I remember Animal Planet correctly, the whole island and water surrounding it has dangerous animals.

Yeah, we just made plans to move to Australia and are going to open up a petting zoo. We plan on experimenting with our children.

Here is their top 10 deadliest animals:
1. The Box Jellyfish
2. Irukandji (A Jellyfish)
3. Salt Water Crocodile
4. Blue Ring Octopus
5. Stone Fish
6. Red Back Spider
7. Brown Snake
8. Tiger Snake
9. Great White Shark
10. Funnel Web Spider

Not to mention all these little assassins.
- 30 kinds of venemous snakes in Australian waters
- Australia boasts more than 100 kinds of poisonous snakes -- about a dozen of which rank among the most poisonous on earth. Doctors estimate about 3,000 Australians are bitten each year, with several hundred requiring shots of life-saving antivenom, which counteracts the poison. But a few people each year don't make it to the hospital in time and die. (In the United States, about 8,000 people a year receive venomous snake bites, and about six die.)
- Australia is home to more than 40 species of funnel web spiders, for instance, a group of arachnids known for their toxic venom. Some can paralyze a person with a tiny bite. Others may carry bacteria on their fangs that enter the bite wound, causing the skin to die and flesh to literally melt away. Sometimes, the victims don't even know they've been bitten. And for some, there is no known antidote.

World’s Most Venomous Snakes that reside in Australia
In order of lethal potency

1. Small-scaled snake
2. Brown snake
3. Taipan
4. Tiger snake
5. Reevesby Island tiger snake
6. Beaked sea snake
7. Western Australian tiger snake
8. Chappell Island tiger snake
9. Death adder
10. Gwardar
11. Australian copperhead
12. Dugite
13. Papuan blacksnake
14. Yellow-banded snake
15. Rough-scaled snake
16. Blue-bellied black snake
17. Collet’s snake
18. King brown snake
19. Red-bellied black snake
20. Small-eyed snake
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 05:18 PM   #6
Jim80

yeah the top 10 most venomous snakes in the world hail from the land down under and people routinally get eatten by sharks and crocodiles but why would that stop someone from watching their kid .

Jim
Old 10-04-08, 10:59 PM   #7
flbassman

Thats pretty sick. Thats what you get for puttin the TV on for 24 hours a day, givin your kid video games and then goin out
Old 10-04-08, 11:03 PM   #8
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob View Post
I wonder when I'm gonna go on my "spree". I'd always kill frogs and toads by pulling their legs off. Course my personal favorite was a magnifying glass and ants.
Me too man.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.