Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-06, 04:13 PM   #1
fatdirtycat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Night Fishing

Hey guys,
Have yall ever used some type of green light underwater to attract fish when night fishing?
Thanks!!
Old 01-24-06, 04:44 PM   #2
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

Never used a green light execpt inside the lure, I think yo-sori makes them.
I have used a white light under water which brought in bait fish and the bigger ones came in after them.
Also used a light floating on the water (white) to attrack bugs which brought in the bait fish, and thus the bigger ones.
Are you talking about the green lights in the lures and bobbers and such? Most of these I think are made so the angler can see his/her bait or line not to attrack fish.
The lure I used has a groove cut into its belly and a light tube goes into it. Makes the lure glow green. Never gave this lure a chance so can't say if it works or not.
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 04:54 PM   #3
fatdirtycat

Im talking about a green light that you either float or submerge under the water. Its supposed to attract fish to your location.
Old 01-24-06, 04:57 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I 've seen lights that were white and floated on styrofoam to attract crappies ,and also black lights (purple) to eluminate your line, but the green is a new one to me..but generally the idea with any color light it that the bait fish go to it, and then the bigger fish prey on them being in the area..plus fish are curious and go to it.
check out this link
http://www.baitlight.com/indexbl.html
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 06:28 PM   #5
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

I have heard of green glowing lures for crappie and other pan fish. As JB stated the light brings the bait fish and the bigger ones follow. Black light works to allow you to change lures and lines etc. does not kill you night vision as a white light would. Red also does the same thing but I think it needs to be britter than the black
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 06:37 PM   #6
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

A buddy who has a crappie pond uses the green submerged ones at night. I never fished with him at night with it, but he swears by it.
Old 01-24-06, 07:00 PM   #7
Futurepro22

Send a message via AIM to Futurepro22

i've heard of green lights..but never used one. i know ppl who have though.. i've used a white light for crappie and stripers.. but never for bass... the thing with using lights is that you have to stay in one spot with lil or no boat movement.. which can be a task sometimes... even with 2 anchors
Futurepro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 10:37 PM   #8
striker23

Send a message via AIM to striker23

do lights work significantly any better than conventional night fishing lures and strategies?
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 11:28 PM   #9
Futurepro22

Send a message via AIM to Futurepro22

the purpose of the light is to start the food chain right around your boat/dock whatever... the light doesnt "attract" the fish... the light does attract the photoplankton in the water.. which in turns attracts bait(minnows, shad), which attracts bigger fish .. and so on... I've seen this on the fishfinder.. put the light in the and within 5 mins the graph starts to become darker/more solid then it starts moving toward the surface...then a few minutes later.. you see bait, then in a lil bit more... fish... its really cool...
Futurepro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 11:50 PM   #10
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i've never tried using a light to attract fish.whenever i fish at night it's usually a tourney.i keep all lights off if possible.if i must keep the anchor light on i usually cover it with a hat.and if i must use a flashlight to retie or whatever i will stay as low in the boat as possible so the light doesn't shine into the water.
but that's just me.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.