Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-06, 10:46 PM   #26
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

just saying it's helped me. Zook you a pretty big guy. No the fish don't care what you look like but if I am in shape I feel better at the end of the day. Opinions will always vary.
Old 01-10-06, 11:00 PM   #27
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

WTL, hahah what a meal. i think if one of those health nuts saw that picture they would collapse.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 11:41 PM   #28
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

well burger king has a triple whopper now. i havent got one yet. most people still cant believe i can eat two double whoppers.
Old 01-10-06, 11:59 PM   #29
Rodman_Rob

damn, I'm hungry all the sudden mmmmmm hardies and home made french fries with my favorite RC Cola (we don't get RC down here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Double whopper? Thats fer gurls. Real men eat at hardees, or so says Paris Hilton.

Take that you fitness geeks. Now thats a meal.
Old 01-11-06, 12:46 AM   #30
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If RC Cola would just get on the ball distribution and marketing wise, they could kick Pepsi and Cokes tails. The product is leaps and bounds better than those other 2, RC is how Cola should taste.
Old 01-11-06, 04:00 PM   #31
Christopherkeene9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass kicker
why are you listin to paris hilton
Maybe you should spend your time in the school instead of the gym.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 05:41 PM   #32
bass kicker

the gym is at our school

and rc is the best CANADIAN made pop or cola for that fact
Old 01-14-06, 04:15 PM   #33
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

My brain has never cared how bad my body felt, if the ice has melted, it is time to go. I ache for the first week or so, but I get up with a jolt every morning with hopes of catching a bigger fish than last year. That, and the fear that some clown will be in my spot if I take too much time getting there. That big mama largemouth that broke my rod last year had better start working out, 'cause I know where she lives and I don't like getting my feelings hurt. Vengeance will be mine!
Old 01-14-06, 07:52 PM   #34
JB

I usually build up some time on the water as the new year, the first outing may only be 45 minutes of casting, then I'll take it easy and worm the rest of the day. On day two I'll increase casting to about 1 hour and a half before slowing down and so on.. After about 3 weeks I feel like I can go 4-6 hours of power fishing if needed.
As you get out there and get exposed to dif . tournament anglers, you'll soon discover there are power fishermen , and then you'll met many that just throw the worm and jig and fish slow all day..both have their advantages and disadvantages in my book. Realizing when to slow down after the morning bite is key in lasting all day sometimes.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-06, 07:53 PM   #35
bass kicker

well spoken krueger
Old 01-15-06, 12:01 AM   #36
Fishie

Yeah Krueger and others, when you are 60 years old and can't fish cause of arthiritis in the hands and injuries then your body still won't care? Maybe you are strong individuals and can fish throught pain. I would do some wrist exercises. I read a article on Zell and He said he works out in order to be able to compete at his age. Roland Martin said if it wasn't for his workout and exercises he would have been long gone but was able to continue to fish. The tour pro's need to be in shape cause they are constantly on the road and if you are not in shape it can take it's tole on yah. Mark Davis who is heavy said when he lost weight he was that much better and then he started doing better.
Old 01-15-06, 11:16 AM   #37
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Mark Davis also had some more surgery on his shoulder not too long ago. I learned long ago to take it easy with various joints like wrists, elbows, and shoulders. I could see that causing serious problems in the future. I just try to cast with a smoother, more cushioned snap of those joints. I don't know a better way to describe it. I don't see how exercising the muscles in my wrist could help with the abuse on the joint itself. I've considered taking those shark cartilage supplements so that I can still be fishing at 60.
Old 01-15-06, 11:49 AM   #38
JB

Patrick,
Feel free to use my new avator when you get tired of Van Dam rofl
Attachment 71

Last edited by JB; 02-28-06 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-15-06, 01:02 PM   #39
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Ouch!

I don't know how I can get super veteran status or at least active member status, but I'm thinking I deserve "veterans come to me for advice" status. jk
Old 01-15-06, 02:49 PM   #40
WTL

Well I look at it this way. I realize that by going out and fishing he hours I do, and fishing as hard as I do - that I may be inviting a little bit more arthritis later in life. But I'm young now - so since I'm gonna have arthritis later anyway (it being heavy in the family) and its just a matter of degree how bad it will be, I might as well enjoy the capability I currently have to go out and fish all out. Besides, there are many places I fish, notably including my smallie stream - that will be developed and gone in 35 years. And who is to say that in 35 years the medical technology, replacement joints ect, wont be so good that I can just get new parts put in?
Old 01-15-06, 05:06 PM   #41
KH.

fishing has indeed made my wrist stronger.but its sort of killing me. im on the drum line at school and fish is affecting my wrist power.for those who dont know you use your wrist,not arms.so now my right wrist is much stronger than my left,which is making an uneaven balance for me and is affecting my drumming life,i plan to get a scholarship for being in band
Old 01-15-06, 06:33 PM   #42
JB

kh,
ya may want to cut back on other activities using your right hand for now
Seriously tho, a carpel tunnel brace may benifit you during drumming or fishing till it heals
Old 01-15-06, 06:42 PM   #43
KH.

maybe,i can reel with both of my hands equal,but my right hand is faster than my left while drumming,and when i open and close a roll for instance which i to do while trying out for mississippi state marching band,i messed up because i was going to fast with my right hand
Old 01-20-06, 07:30 PM   #44
B.D. jR
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah, cause when I used to live in HOLLYWOOD I saw Bill Dance and Roland Martin in the gym pumpin' iron and rubbin oil on each other and stuff. Actually (im not supposed to tell this but), Roland said he owed all of his success to weight lifting. Thats probably why hes is so ripped to this day. One day after they worked out and showered, I followed them to the Smoothie-King for a protien-weight gainer shake. Man, those were the good ol' days!!!
B.D. jR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 06:16 AM   #45
1FASTLASER

Ok gotta have my word put in here now. As some of you know I have had 8yes that was 8 MAJOR back suregeries to date and they want to cut again. WellI aint gonna tell ya what I told them. Young ears around. Anyway, the thing that I want to relay onto some of you is that regular ole ibuprofen helps TREMENDOUSLY with muscle stiffness especially if you have had suregeries on various parts. Ibuprofen is a anti-inflammatory and will help to keep the muscles from becoming stiff and sore. Exercise is outta the question for me,BUT stretching and various repetitive motions like swinging your arms in circles or repetitive deep knee bends will help releive the muscle tension. This comes from EXPERIENCE. It also helps to keep from sustaining any other injuries while fishing. I still do fish some all night tourney from time to time and beleive you me without the above stated measures I would be done in about 4hrs.

B.D.jr

Glad to see ya around buddy. Hope all is well. But I gotta say you used to hang around with roland. MAN I CANT BELEIVE that or was that before your brain became fully developed. LMAO J/K
Old 01-21-06, 06:40 AM   #46
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
last i checked i was 6'5'' 340 pounds. can bench well over 300 and curl 325-the average weight of an 3.5''x8''x168'' oak beam- same thing i pick up by hand all day long. so while your over joining the jane fonda club fer girlie guys.
i shall sit at a table and make sure the double whopper with chesse does not make a last second break for it while i am killing a liter of mountain dew-sounds a tad like a toilet flushing- burrrrrrrrrpppppp!!!!!

fish don't care how strong you are, or how pretty your are,or how bald you are -- you are the top of the food chain. that is all that matters to them...

zooker
5 ft 8, or 5 ft 9, 235-240 lbs right here. I hear ya aboutthe double whopper excpet make it 2! And supersize them fries. O man, I may need to go to the bathroom now just thinkin about it!

About the rists hurting, it is bound to happen. I got the claw last year. Thre a spook all day on a baitcaster. Hand and wrist were killin me.
Old 01-23-06, 05:10 PM   #47
flfireman

Ill listen to Paris any time she wants to come over and talk to me. 6'3"-300 pds. I lift more in a day at work than most people(minus the red haired wonder) do in a week. My average day on the water 8-10 hrs, sometimes 12-14 during the summer. Come down and try half that time in Fl summer heat. I eat what I want and when I want to. Havent worked out in 10-15 years other than an occasional low period in my life for 30-40 minutes. That takes work, dedication and makes the muscles sore. By the way, if the muscles are sore it don t help your fishing. By the way Tom has got it down to a fine art, catch a buzz and watch the girlies, because it's a known fact they will feel sorry for ya and try to help you.
Old 01-24-06, 06:27 AM   #48
1FASTLASER

Firefly.............wassup buddy. Man I am with you. Doesnt matter what paris would tell me to do aslong as when I get done I get to tell her what I WANT!!! That girl for being a blonde is outta this world.
Old 01-25-06, 02:09 PM   #49
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Quote:
5 ft 8, or 5 ft 9, 235-240 lbs right here.
235-240 depending on how many whoppers you had for lunch PowerBass lol j/k

Im 5-8 158 lbs. I bench 175 and squat 245.... I eat whenever I want but I watch how much of it I eat. My family has a history of Diabetes and Heart Disease and im tryin to avoid it... But there are a few exeptions every now and then lol...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.