Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-06, 08:48 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Sunglasses over Glasses?

Any recommendations on what color(amber or green), as well as what brand sunglasses that go over regular glasses? I wear transition glasses that get really dark, but that doesnt help site bass underwater. I used to use the old 12-20 dollar sunglasses that you can wear or have them over your reg glasses, but I notice the industry as gone streamline and more modern designs..anyone out there use these over your reg glasses?...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 08:52 AM   #2
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have regular glasses too. i asked this in another thread, and they said that you can go to an eye doctor guy, and they make special lenses that go by your prescription
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 08:55 AM   #3
Mac3
BassFishin.Com Member

In the gray, the clip on Wal Mart ones for 6.95 are passable....polarized. I personally prefer the amber polarized clip ons myself. My fisning buddy on the other hand can spot fish better than I, uses a Pea-Green color he found one time only at a sporting goods shop up north. It's a light colored off green that really penetrates water and weedbeds well....also polarized.
Mac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 08:56 AM   #4
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

i dont wear any glasses, just because all i want to do is relax on the water. but ive heard that polaroid glasses make a really big difference. ive tried some on and the way the water looks is completely different (takes away the glare and sunlight reflection), but never fished with them.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 10:07 AM   #5
Rebbasser

JB, I've hears Cocoons are probably the best for wearing over glasses:

http://www.cocoonseyewear.com/overrx.html

As far as colors-I have 2 pair of sunglasses I wear fishing-one gray lens for sunny days and amber for cloudy.

I wear contacts so I can use regular polarized sunglasses, and I don't hit the water without them.
Old 02-26-06, 10:14 AM   #6
lizardsrule

JB,

As you know any plastic glasses are gonna scratch up, yes inexspensive, but you will be replacing them. I use amber, and grey. The reason for these colors, is that the grey was my first pair of prescription sunglasses, which are really too heavy for me to wear all day fishing. I bought a pair of amber ones, which are lighter I use pretty much all day. I really can't say one color is better than the other. But the amber ones work better in all light conditions for me. I say buy a pair of presciption ones, if not make sure the clip-on's will fit well. There is another option, that go directly over you glasses. But my sometimers is kicking in now and I can't remember the name of them. I bet PNJ will remember the name of them. Larry at www.Alabamalakes.com used to sell them, but I believe he changed brands he sells. BOOM, I remember their name now LOL Cocoons they are what I call old people glasses LOL, wrap around you eyes, and head, but they are worn directly over your reg prescription glasses. They are plastic also.

Lizards
Old 02-26-06, 10:15 AM   #7
lizardsrule

Dang Reb, I was typing as you were posting LOL

Lizards
Old 02-26-06, 10:19 AM   #8
zooker

either prescrition grey -looks black- or cocoons-as reb stated. i like amber at night- only- green,grey-grey mostly- green helps in very clear water. if only rayban or oakley made a decent pair of fit overs. i have a couple pairs of oakley that are a couple hundred bucks each.they don't fit over my regular glasses. while there is a massive differance between cheap shades and high end ones quaility. any of them will work just get what you can afford. if you have ever had a bait come wizzing back at you the last thing you need is to lose an eye from a bait..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 02-26-06 at 10:25 AM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 10:22 AM   #9
JB

thanks guys,
i had used the amber for years and like them for overcast days, bad thing is the kids on the bank usually go 'look at the dude with the blueblockers" lol
and reb, thanks for the cocoon brand, i check em out!
thanks again
Old 02-26-06, 01:40 PM   #10
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

JB, I use cocoons. They're $40.00 , but they are the best thing I have found yet.I bought them instead of wearing my prescription sunglasses, because they block the light from coming in behind the lenses.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 01:51 PM   #11
JB

thanks pnj,
i think i'll go that way, seems to make sense

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.