Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-12, 12:35 AM   #1
Hoosier
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Smile Great DNR Story

Ok settle in guys i think that you will like this one.
Today i decided to take a friend on the boat to a fish and ski lake that i had always wanted but never had fished. I get out on the water in the no wake area and im trying to decide were to go first when i here a 400 HP ski boat about 200 yards behind me. I thought that he would slowly go buy and light it up in front of me. Nope, he decided to give it full power and pass less than 10 feet beside me doing prolly 25-30 miles an hour. My boat lists badly and starts to poor water over my console side and immediately starts to fill up with water. I got over and flipped my bilge pump on and started to pump out about 8-10 inches of standing water. As im doing that i notice out of the corner of my eye another boat about 300 yards off flying buy me. I looked up and it was a DNR boat. As im sitting in the water still pumping, I noticed the DNR boat coming towards me again. He pulled up alongside me and asked if i was ok. I told him i was fine other than the fact that the boat was soaked. Behind him follows the the guy who almost flipped me and it was another dnr officer towing him into the slips. The one next to me told me that they had found out the man was intoxicated. As i drive buy the docks i saw the boat beeing trailored and the state police on the docks waiting. Long long long story I know but at least there not all just *******s. I dont know what actually to him after that but for the first time the were actually helpful.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12, 07:41 AM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hooray!!! Finally one for the good guys. Thank goodness you guys are ok and didn't capsize or worse. Glad the DNR was johnny on the spot and caught that pos.
Old 08-12-12, 08:46 AM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm glad you and your boat are fine. Great to see one of "those" guys take it on the chin.
Old 08-12-12, 10:46 AM   #4
bamabassman

this is great to read bud. i have seen alabama water cops do the same thing. the probelm is there aren't enough of them for the waters they have to patrol here. probably all over the country.

waterways are VERY dangerous, and people want to go out and have a good time. but THEY think a good time is drinking while boating. i've seen and read of so many deaths on waterways involving alchahol. sad that tehy THINK that is having a good time.

glad oyu are ok. hope oyur rig drys out too.
Old 08-14-12, 04:40 AM   #5
Hoosier

Boat and me are absolutely fine Thank the good Lord. It does leave me in a bad spot there are some great fish and ski lakes around that i probably wont fish due to this pos.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 12:15 PM   #6
nofearengineer

That is a great story indeed. I have had my frustrating moments with the DNR, but it's good to know that at least over the issue of safety, they are doing good work.
Old 08-14-12, 07:27 PM   #7
Dave63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Boat and me are absolutely fine Thank the good Lord. It does leave me in a bad spot there are some great fish and ski lakes around that i probably wont fish due to this pos.
Do not let that deter you what so ever. It's his problem. His stupidity. Besides, it wouldn't take much for him to not have a boat anymore at the rate he's going.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.