Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-09, 02:04 AM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default looking to buy camera

ok guys. i need a camera thats under $100.00 and it needs to be decent.
i basically want good reviews, good output, easy uploading to computer, wont die insantly and as durable as a cheap one can be. i know no camera is very durable but maybe if i can get a case or something. idk. thanks for your imput.
Old 07-07-09, 10:24 AM   #2
bassFishingWNY

I just got the SVP thin 8363 with 3 optical zoom, and 4 digital zoom, with Rechargeable battery.
I paid $135. for it, but go to Ebay, and citycam, they have cameras for under the $100. you want to spend.
It has good reviews from buyers, I love mine, but you may find the internet running them down because they are cheap.
Old 07-07-09, 12:11 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=20409

there ya go. Like I said in that thread though, look into a Canon PowerShot of somekind.

BB
Old 07-07-09, 07:30 PM   #4
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The search button is located in the upper mid to right portion of the page!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 11:01 PM   #5
keithdog

Well, all that for under 100$ is going to be kinda tough to find. Just a decent memory card will run you $30.00 or so at least. But there are always some good sales out there. I'd just try to stick with a name brand known for their quality cameras. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony all make good cameras. I've never been impressed with the quality of Fuji or Kodak cameras. Also, look for a camera with a top mounted mode dial. They are easier and faster to use. Olympus make a couple cameras that are decent and run around your priceline. The FE-25 runs for around $99 and the FE-45 runs for about $119.00. I don't think either has the top mounted mode dial but they are decent cameras. Also, check on line at bhphotovideo.com. They are out of New York and I have been dealing with them for many years now. B&H is an old and very large reputable dealer and sell everything from amatuer to professional camera gear. They are the best. They know their stuff, they are very dependable and very quick to ship out your order. I've never waited more than 3 days to recieve my order. Also, they sell "good" used cameras as well. Often people start out with a less expensive camera and after a year or two move up to a more expensive model. They stand behind what they sell and I would not be afraid to buy used camera equipment from them. 800-947-7785 will connect you to their photography dept. They can guide you from there. Good luck.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 11:07 PM   #6
nofearengineer

+1 to everything Keith said. I would only add www.adorama.com as a great camera site as well.
Old 07-10-09, 02:31 AM   #7
weezymagic

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic

ok, thanks a lot guys and i didnt think thered be a topic of relevance to my question.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.