Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-09, 03:03 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up Divorce papers - Round 1

Well, the soon to be ex-wife and I are in our first round of going back and forth with the divorce papers and the wording. I, being the eternal optimist that I am, believe that it will take only ONE round of negotiations . If that be the case, I will be a single man before August 1st. I cannot wait for this to be over. I have lost over 50 lbs over the past 6 months. I feel like the guyat the end of the movie Stephen King's Thinner.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 03:08 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Fish'n....I TOLD you not to be going and killin' no Gypsies!!
Old 07-10-09, 03:15 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Don't worry about the house, the cars, your clothes, your dignity, whatever, let her have it all, as long as she doesn't get the fishing stuff!

So... I don't really know if I should go to "Sorry to hear about your divorce" or "way to go man! congrats!"

BB
Old 07-10-09, 03:32 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Don't worry about the house, the cars, your clothes, your dignity, whatever, let her have it all, as long as she doesn't get the fishing stuff!

So... I don't really know if I should go to "Sorry to hear about your divorce" or "way to go man! congrats!"

BB
She cheated on me and I was still wanting to work it out. She finally said she wants a divorce because she said she is not in love with me and doesn't think she will feel any different no matter what I do. You can say "congrats" for the divorce and me not having to deal with the fantasy world she lives in but you can say "sorry" because of my every-other-weekend visitation with my son. It will suck not seeing him every day.
Old 07-10-09, 03:36 PM   #5
nofearengineer

Let me guess, Fishn...is she younger than you?
Old 07-10-09, 03:42 PM   #6
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Yes. By about 5 years. She has no college degree and a child from when she was in high school that I never adopted. Our 4th anniversary was this past June but it was essentially over (in her mind) in January of this year.
Old 07-10-09, 03:45 PM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Give her the pie! Best of luck Fng!
Old 07-10-09, 04:12 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
She cheated on me and I was still wanting to work it out. She finally said she wants a divorce because she said she is not in love with me and doesn't think she will feel any different no matter what I do. You can say "congrats" for the divorce and me not having to deal with the fantasy world she lives in but you can say "sorry" because of my every-other-weekend visitation with my son. It will suck not seeing him every day.
i went throught that exact same situation with my parents. my mom ran around on my dad. he and i were and still are best friends so i know what he went through. i am sorry for you having to go through that, and even more sorry for the visitation with your son. hope it all goes as well as possible for you guys and keep your arm around your son because his world is changing too.
Old 07-10-09, 04:31 PM   #9
1/4 stick

Been through it 3 times, the cheating wife part only once thank God. All you can do is realize it is what it is and carry on with your life, and make sure you make the most of every minute you get with your child. I hope things go as quick and easy for you as possible.
Old 07-10-09, 04:37 PM   #10
nofearengineer

Yeah, there isn't much any of us can say that will make you feel any better. Just try to remember it's all about the kid at this point. Even if she behaves poorly, you can walk the high road.
Old 07-10-09, 10:43 PM   #11
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

From experience...If she starts getting nasty,get nastier or you will pay dearly.But NEVER ever badmouth her in front of your son.
I wish you the best.
Old 07-11-09, 10:20 AM   #12
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

Uh , hahaha , whats that mean ? My wifes 7 years younger than me...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 11:25 PM   #13
bamabassman

i agree with bassin tom on his take of the court dealings pal. no such thing as a good divorce when the lady takes away everything ya got. been there, done that. took 12 years to get over the finances.
Old 07-12-09, 02:22 AM   #14
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i agree with bassin tom on his take of the court dealings pal. no such thing as a good divorce when the lady takes away everything ya got. been there, done that. took 12 years to get over the finances.
I guess I am getting lucky then because I am getting nearly all the furniture and everything that I came into the marriage with even though we didn't sign a prenup. She is feeling guilty for what she did and how she feels, so I am trying to get the papers signed before she starts talking with some of her angry disgruntled girlfriends that have been through divorces. As far as money goes, we both don't have any so there is nothing to fight over right now.

Even though I am picking up a child support payment, it feels like I am getting a raise because I don't have her car payment, car insurance, cell phone bill, and her daughter's cell phone bill. Add to that, I am saving about $200 in gas by moving closer to my job, Plus rent on an apartment is much less than a mortgage on a house that is nowhere near the value I paid for it due to the current housing market.
Old 07-12-09, 06:47 AM   #15
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
I guess I am getting lucky then because I am getting nearly all the furniture and everything that I came into the marriage with even though we didn't sign a prenup. She is feeling guilty for what she did and how she feels, so I am trying to get the papers signed before she starts talking with some of her angry disgruntled girlfriends that have been through divorces. As far as money goes, we both don't have any so there is nothing to fight over right now.

Even though I am picking up a child support payment, it feels like I am getting a raise because I don't have her car payment, car insurance, cell phone bill, and her daughter's cell phone bill. Add to that, I am saving about $200 in gas by moving closer to my job, Plus rent on an apartment is much less than a mortgage on a house that is nowhere near the value I paid for it due to the current housing market.
Well it looks like you are gonna come out ahead of the game man

Jim
Old 07-12-09, 04:21 PM   #16
bamabassman

great news f&g. hurry with the signing like ya said though.
Old 07-13-09, 10:24 AM   #17
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
great news f&g. hurry with the signing like ya said though.
She is supposed to send the final adjustments to the lawyer this afternoon. Hopefully the papers are drawn up the next day. I'm so ready for this crap to be over.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.