Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-06, 09:46 PM   #1
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Default maxxum74 repair

if your maxxum74 has only high speed,the problem will be in the control box in the footswitch.took about an hour to r&r.apparently minnkota knew there was a problem with the design of the old control.the new unit incorporates the speed potentiometer and the momentary on/off switch whereas the old style the on/off switch was separate.the wiring to the potentiometer is different.if you are going to replace the control you will need the serial#off the motor.
my motor is a 2002 but have probably used it 1,000 times since i bought it.so $200 to repair it is much cheaper than $900 for a new one.
a new control from minnkota cost me $213 with 2nd day delivery.i bought it direct from minnkota.this was the cheapest price i found.
just a heads up for MK owners.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 06:29 AM   #2
1FASTLASER

Hey dude wassup. Just a quick note man we gotta get some action goin again on the darkside. By the way is the water hard yet up there. LOL I went on tuesday in a short sleeve I might add. Sorry had to throw that at ya.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 09:25 AM   #3
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

we've had too much rain here and the temps are near 40 so the ice is all but gone.i have been fishing from the boat at merl crik a few times.(with the messed up TM).now that it's fixed i'm sure we'll get a deep freeze here.i stop in the dark side once in a while.don't post there too much.
i'm hoping to get down to fla.sometime before winter is over.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.