Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-07, 12:36 PM   #1
JRL
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Peacock Bass Feeding times?

The lake I fish in has a LOT of Peacock bass in its rim canals. Recently there have been lots of yearlings (about 6" or less) hanging out around the bridge in schools of about 50. They just sit there and hug the cement slab.

So I know where to find them, but am not sure as to when the peak hours to fish them are. Ive been told that its mid afternoon. As in after 12 noon. Is this accurate? I plan on using a brown Devils Horse with the front prop removed and have switched the hooks out for red ones. Any other lures you recomend?
Old 01-28-07, 12:39 PM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you're walkin and breathin, fishing is worth a shot. They probably are more active around dusk, but as a tropical fish, during winter, they might be most active during the hotter parts of the day. Good Luck!
Old 02-01-07, 09:59 PM   #3
islandflyfisher

Send a message via AIM to islandflyfisher

I have caught them during all times of the day. Dusk is usually pretty good, but after a certain point of darkness, they won't hit any more. I fish them during all times of the day.
islandflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 08:11 PM   #4
JRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandflyfisher View Post
I have caught them during all times of the day. Dusk is usually pretty good, but after a certain point of darkness, they won't hit any more. I fish them during all times of the day.
The guy I fish with (he lives on the lake I fish also) said he ran into a school of about 100 hugging a tree last night. They were all yearlings. He also verified a 6 pounder cruising the bank. He said it wouldnt turn its head for nothing. He's been catching them right before sun down.

My Kayak will be here weds. So Ill be able to fish the canals that we cant get to with the other boat. Should have some good pics soon.
Old 02-02-07, 10:45 PM   #5
islandflyfisher

Send a message via AIM to islandflyfisher

Check the forum on www.floridasportsman.com too. Ask the question in the south section.
islandflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.