Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-07, 08:42 AM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lucky Craft LV500

A while back, Deacon posted awesome bass caught on the LV500. The bait monkey attacked, soon I was the proud owner of several LV500's.I can still recall how excited I was , took them out along the weedbed that I jig fish, casted the LV500.It casted like a dream, hit the water, I began counting down and then started the retreive. About 7 out of 10 times, the LV500 would be fouled up on the line. I threw the baits in the side pouch and fished jigs i the weedbed.I was thinking the line had something to do with the problem.I rigged up 6 different rods with different line, rigged with the different LV500s tied on and went to the nearby pond.I tried every rod with different line and the same thing they seemed to all foul up, more often than not.A few weeks later I grabbed some rods out to fish with my friend, Doug. As we were jig fishing nearby the bass started breaking the surface, Doug scrambled to his tackle pack to tie on a spinnerbait, I scrambled at the same time, saw the stupid LV500 tied on , grabbed the rod casted it to the spot and imediately was bit as the trap hit the water.I caught 6 bass while Doug only caught 3 .The next time out I tried the LV500, problems with fouling continued. I threw the rod back down and as I fished the weedbed, I thought why the hell the stupid bait went from hero to zero the different outings ? The only thing I could think of was I was in a hurry to get the bait out there ,I never counted the bait down like I normally do.I went back out to the weededge, threw the LV500 out and started the retreive after the lure hit the water.The LV500 never fouled up once and about the 3rd cast I caught a 3.5 lber.

Deacon, You never told us not to count down the LV500. This is the only trap I have had this happen , I own the other LV series traps and you an count the others down.I do recommend the LV500, it will sink while retreived, its a heavy bait for its size and it will catch fish from the west coast, to the East coast and all points between. Remember do not count it down. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.