Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-07, 09:02 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Opinions on 88 Skeeter

I briefly looked at a 88 Skeeter SF 150 SX today in the rain. The owner wasn't home and the boat was covered. He had an info paper. It has a Merc 150hp Blackmax, no year given. Skeeter trailer, in good shape. Lowrance flasher with temp guage, Eagle Fishmark 320 graph, Garmin Fishfinder 100, Motorguide Brute 756 Power Plus troll. motor, 56lbs. thrust, front and rear controls with lights, hot foot, live well, 3 battery system with Prosport 20 plus charging system. Price 5,000 firm. I checked NADA and the price listed was low 2's. I was not able to determine the inside condition of the boat. I know I should talk with the owner and I might. I think this seems kind of high for this boat. Questions are, in good shape is the boat worth it? Was(is) it a good boat? is the Black Max a good motor? and anything else would help. Thanks.

Bob
Old 06-03-07, 09:07 PM   #2
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

He wants 5k for a 1988 boat that's book valued for 2k?

Keep looking, unless the motor is brand damn new
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 09:48 PM   #3
FlyRod

Unhappy

Well thar's one thang fer danged sure! If ah had 88 skeeters buzzin' 'round me I'd be a-runnin', a-slappin', a-swattin', and a-cussin', all at the same time!

FlyRod
I'ze in ur boat, swattin' ur skeeters.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 09:43 AM   #4
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have an '89 that i paid more that 2 for, but it had a '91 140 Nissan that had a complete overhall a year prior to me buying it. Also, the boat had a new transom installed in 2004 (I baught it in '05). I contacted the repair shop and talked to the fiberglass guy. He said the boat was in great shape so i didn't have a problem paying more. Also, it's a 17' boat, but those older boats are a little narrower, so if you fish in standing timber like i do, that's a real plus when accessing some areas. If the boat, motor, and accessories are in absolute top condition, i wouldn't mind paying 3 or 3500
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 02:53 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett

Check for soft spots around the front eye or fiberglass separation. A common problem on a older Skeeter. Never knew why.

Capt Mike
Old 06-11-07, 11:41 PM   #6
bassinbob

Thanks guys. Guy won't come down in price. Decided against buying.
Old 06-14-07, 03:48 PM   #7
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It's all about condition, you might as well throw out the NADA..it won't help you when it comes to boats..I own a 1989 18' bass tracker (fiberglass) with a 150hp Evinrude from 1990. The previous owner kept it in pristine condition. Everything works and it's got all the goodies of those 40k boats at a fraction of the price...foot control throttle..hydraulic steering..etc. I paid $4,500 6 months ago and am extremely happy with my purchase.
jasonfish320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 08:22 PM   #8
1FASTLASER

KEEP LOOKING this guy is nuts. All though I might add that the Black Beauty is a GREAT motor. Depending on what year it could be a bridgport which can be a real screamer on the water.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.