Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-07, 01:23 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Sloppy Seconds

Hey everybody, got a quik question. I have about a 3 acre pond behind our local high school with a lot of slop,branches,scum,etc. on the surface. Me and my buddies catch many bass here each outing in the 10-14" range. We use to use scum frogs and poppers to catch them, now we use T-Rigs and Weightless T-Rigs b/c poppers and frogs aren't workin' anymore. This pond gets a fair amount of pressure from local kids and people, but me and my buddies are the only ones to take canoes out here b/c it's such a long drag(300yds).Why can't we still get these bass on topwater? Could this be b/c the bass are used to seeing topwater lures?

Also, what else could I use to produce bigger bass? Many folks talk of 5 pounders coming out of here each year. What could I do to score one of these bad boys?

Just going to say thanks in advance, b/c I know all the nice people of Kevin's Bassin' Site will drill me with pro knowledge.
Old 07-08-07, 11:29 AM   #2
DeadManwalking92
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DeadManwalking92

That is probely the reason. The bass are probely used to seeing topwater lures that they have learned not to bite them. As for baits for big bass try soft plastic jerkbaits like a Zoom Super Fluke, or try crawling a floating plastic worm across the surface. If all else fails there is always live bait.
Old 07-08-07, 11:52 AM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

a fluke or sluggo worked over thru under the surface probly work best.. i trick worm tends to hang up more than you think-the swivel-..buzzbaits may work..

bass normally don't hit top water all year long.it could be just a faze but don't bet on it.. the warm water causes it..most every lake will shut down when it gets blistering hot.. your best bet get the hell out of bed before sunrise.which is 6:11am today. hit it 4-5 am and see what happens..

zooker
Old 07-08-07, 01:05 PM   #4
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Havent you bassically already asked the same exact question under your "Once, but not twice" post? I mean i dont mind giving out information but when its only a few posts down from this one i dont see why its necassery.
Old 07-08-07, 01:09 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

*zook does his fred sanford impression- OHH.. OHH... I SAY!! that there is a youngster wid a head on his shoulders..lol..welcome to our world 02..

zooker
Old 07-08-07, 04:13 PM   #6
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Yea, sorry about the same post twice. I typed this post once and it didnt come up, so I typed it again. Then the first came up, then the second, so now have the same post with two different titles.
Old 07-08-07, 04:16 PM   #7
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Haha no problem, it happens.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.