Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-08, 09:45 AM   #1
Beamer2
BassFishin.Com Member

Default My first boat - Any Thoughts?

Hey guys,

Well here is my first boat? I just bought it last night, and will have it in the water in a couple of weeks. It is a 1987 16' Grumman Renegade, with a 45 hp Mercury. Everything on it works great. Has livewell, storage, etc. Trailer is in good shape. The only thing is that the number 3 cylinder is a little low on compression and has a knock at full throttle. But he has already put over $1000 into the moter. Everything was gone over, cleaned and replaced as needed, looks clean. Paid $900 for it. I thought that price is a steal. The boat itself really only needs some new carpet and a little cleaning. All electrical is good and works great. I am hoping it is just a ring or something. Should I be concerned. What are your thoughts?
I have been fishing since I was a kid and actually went to college to study fisheries, but never had a boat, and this is perfect for me, as long as the motor isn't too bad. Won't get out as much as I would like (2 little ones) so this will be perfect for us. Thanks for reading my first post. Let me know your thoughts. Wonder if they would let me fish in some local tourney's with this? lol
Thanks again
Steve
Attached Images

Beamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 09:53 AM   #2
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Looks good! Sounds like a great deal at $900.

Welcome to the forum!

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 10:11 AM   #3
brushhog

Welcome fellow CNY'er, I used to coach track at Whitesboro. Fayetville always had great runners... I hear you on the two little ones, I have 3 and it does cut into the serious fishing time.. Boat looks great for $900 I think you stole it. There are some really knowledgable motor guys on here that may be able to help you straighten that out.... Good Luck!
Old 06-26-08, 10:49 AM   #4
Beamer2
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks TB and Brushhog.
yeah I am looking forward to getting out on Oneida lake and slaying some Green and Brown backs. Hopefully get a few hogs as well. Hopefully I can get some help regarding the motor. We will see. Thanks
Beamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 11:35 AM   #5
brushhog

Careful on Oneida it can be a bear, I'm sure you know that though... There is a fella on here called 1Fastlaser and another called Zooker who know motors inside and out. If you address your post to them you'll get a response eventually, they are great guys.
keep us posted!
Old 06-26-08, 11:57 AM   #6
Fishnngolfn

I don't own a boat, but if everything runs well, then $900 seems like a very good buy.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 01:51 PM   #7
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

nice one.. better than my first boat now.. mines sitting on the trailer with the floor out and the corner half in resin
Old 06-26-08, 03:17 PM   #8
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That's a great boat to get started! NICE BOAT, GREAT price! Welcome!

-stevo
Old 06-26-08, 05:47 PM   #9
flfireman

Very similar to my 17' alumacraft. Paid $1200 for it.* Lucky me, the wonderful, beautiful, most enchanted princess of my life let me by a new one last month.*

*disclaimer- that was written just in case my ball and chain ever gets on and reads these posts.
Old 06-26-08, 05:50 PM   #10
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

$900.00 bucks? that's all? what a deal man. great, clean and ready to go. you can't beat that with an ugly msboy stick (lol). great boat for the money. and welcome to the house of bait monkey slaves. glad you are on board.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.