Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-05, 10:25 PM   #1
LubbockFisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tried another pond

Tried another pond this evening. Bass where jumping everywhere in the shallow water 5 ft or so with lots of weeds and real murky. Nice ones too. Lots of bait fish swarming on top. Tried buzz baits (white one and black one) Tried jitterbug, popper and even a little grsshoppper popper. Also tried a rapala shallow diver. No luck at all. Any other suggestions?
LubbockFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 10:29 PM   #2
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Try a fluke or maybe a spook or a Tiki stick wacky rigged
Old 07-31-05, 03:19 AM   #3
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

Get a casting bubble, and tie a small hook about 12 inches from it.....then search the bank for emerging dragon flies....dawn is best time to locate the wet winged ones which cannot fly yet....hook one on, give a cast and let it sail around in the wind.

When lures fail always go real.
Old 07-31-05, 03:48 AM   #4
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

hey man if it makes you feel any better I haven't had luck in ponds for about two weeks now. I've fished every possible thing I could think of, including live worms and also minnows and small bluegill, but still no luck. I catch maybe one a night, sometimes a good one, sometimes not even bigger than the lure I caught it on. I've tried every color, every style of lure, and they just aren't biting for me right now.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-05, 04:00 AM   #5
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

oh, I forgot to say that I did catch one tonight on a watermelon seed super fluke. The only problem with it was that the fluke was actually as big as the fish that tried to eat it. It was early in the night when I caught the little fella, and I was hoping it was a sign of an aggressive feeding night. No love though because not only did I not get another bite all night, I grow more perplexed every time I fish there. Last night I caught one bass, probably 15 inches, but only about a pound, on a white buzzbait right up next to some cattails.

I'm starting to think theres a population problem in the pond because I can't seem to find ANY big bass, and I've casted into every single spot on the pond. All the bass I've caught, no matter how long, have been rather thin for their size, and there are not a lot of bluegill to be seen, either. I've never thrown a worm and bobber into a pond and not had bluegill attack it immediately, but it happened here.

Anyway, highlight of the night was seeing what appeared to be a 3-4 foot carp swim by so close you could see its eyes.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-05, 12:31 PM   #6
jordan09
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i would think u could get one off of a crank.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.