Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-09, 09:43 AM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Mercury Fury?

Hey guys, I am shopping for a new prop and now I'm confused...I went to the mercury site and entered my criteria for the new fury prop...

Engine Year: 2000
Model: 2 stroke EFI 200HP
WOT RPM: 6200
SPEED: 66 GPS
PROP SIZE NOW: 23P

After entering in the info. and choosing overall performance the recommended results indicated that I should buy a 26 or 27p prop..
Most of my research...and with laser's help has pointed me towards a 25p..does anyone own a fury prop? Also, does anyone know anything about the stiletto props? Any advice would help...
Old 02-06-09, 02:32 PM   #2
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a 06 mercury pro xs with a 26p tempest and would like to know the difference in it and the fury myself. Thanks
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 09:26 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ok first off something is wrong somewhere if the current prop you are running is a 23p. With a 23p on a 200 you should be able to break your neck literally from the boat launching so hard but not be able to get all the engine capabilities because you will hit the limiter to quick. 99.9% of the 200's I set up run at the very least a WORKED 24p and they only use that prop when they are fishing shallow water and want to get on pad quick and they arnt worried about topend.
The stilleto's are ok props but to get the most out of them they have to be worked or tweaked to blueprint them for there boat. Personaly if you can use the stilleto as a backup if you wack your good prop.
Now the difference between the tempest and the fury...........now stay with me on this............The Fury was developed after several years of testing and taking the qualities of the tempest,trophy's and choppers and laser 2 props and putting them all into one prop. The blades on a fury are of course made of a completely new alloy which allowed them to build this prop. The blade configuration on the Fury incorporates all the qualities of the other props I mentioned such as the Laser 2 prop is a high rake topend prop. The trophy is a 4 blade that will jump you onto plan QUICK. The Tempest USE to be the best all around until they developed the Fury and its alloy material its made out of. So to sum it up a Fury is a prop that will jump you onto plan very very quickly............have awesome midrange punch..........carry a tourney loaded boat AND run like a scalded ape on the topend. I hope I have answered your question. There is only one draw back to a Fury prop. Right now there is only a couple of shops that will work on a Fury prop if you wack one hard enough that it needs work.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.