Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-12, 08:29 PM   #1
TheNextMikeIke
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Bass Club in Eastern PA

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any one is interested in starting a Small Bass Club in Eastern PA?

I moved to PA from South Jersey 4 years ago when I married my wife. I currently fish with the South Jersey Hawg Hunters (a club I joined in 2003 when I lived in NJ) its a great club but Im really getting tired of driving 2 1/2 hours every saturday to fish with the club....im just worn down by the end of the season. So as this season winds down I have been toying with the Idea of maybe finding a small club to fish with here in eastern PA. So I started looking around and to my suprise I really didnt find much. Most of the Clubs fish really big water and travel really far (like down to potomic) which isnt what I was looking for. Anyway I decided to see if there is any intrest in Eastern PA for a Small Bass Club.

The Clubs goals will be:

Help the fishing community
Keep club fees to the minimum
Help each other become better anglers
Hold between 10-15 fun and semi competative tornys
and Have lots of fun

The Club would be looking to hold tornys maybe 2 times a month and would be fishing local lakes like:

Lake Nockamixon
Green Lane Reservoir
Peace Vally Reservoir
Marsh Creek Reservoir

and some smaller lakes like

Chambers Lake
Hopewell Lake

Now Im just toying around with some lakes right now and I havnt gotten any permission to hold tornys on any of these lakes yet.

The Club would also try to hold a couple projects to help out the fishing community such as:

fishing structure projects
shore clean ups
youth fishing programs

Im looking for maybe a maximum of 15 club members

If anyone is interested in helping start this club Please either message me on this forum or contact me at Crappieworld@yahoo.com (put something about bass club in the title).

Im looking to get this thing off the ground by next season......hope to hear from you guys.
TheNextMikeIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:31 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There are several bass clubs in the area near Marsh Creek. It's true some of them are more orientated to tidal water - like the Upper Bay and Potomac - but several hold a portion of their club events on the smaller waters also. Most clubs travel, expecially those that are affiliated with B.A.S.S. or FLW, to get a feel for the waters they will fish in Federation associated events.

Starting a bass club, well I won't get too involved but I've been there and found it to be a genuine PITA. You could probably find a club that fits most of what you want, you don't have to fish the waters that require a lot of travel. BUT - from where I am it's only 2.5 hours to the Potomac, that isn't a difficult drive and I do it several times a year.

If Marsh Creek isn't too long a drive for you, we hold an evening (6 - 10 PM) open buddy tournament (although single anglers are permitted) there every Tuesday, night begining the Tuesday after bass season opens (usually the 2nd week of June) until the last Tuesday in August. We average about 16 boats each week.

If you're interested in that, get in touch with me next spring for details.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 09-13-12 at 10:49 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 09:57 AM   #3
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hawg hunters of PA, and there is a new Kayak fishing club just getting started I can get the info for you if you want, especially since all the lakes you listed are horse power restricted, or electric only(Green Lane is quarantined too.), if you want to avoid the PITA that BB was referring to.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 05:25 PM   #4
TheNextMikeIke
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the responses guys.

As far as the Hawg Hunters go....they fish the big stuff and again the whole thing im looking for is a club that fishes stuff that I dont have to drive 2+ hours to get to. I know the lakes that I listed all have horse power restriction but thats what im looking for, If I wanted to be running a big bass boat with a 250hp motor on the back Id just fish the BFL or something. Im looking to start a club for guys with smaller boats that still want to fish semi-competitively. In the end there is no club in the area currently offering what Im looking for and im sure im not the only one who owns a 14 foot boat and wants to fish competitively a couple times a month without having to drive all around the east coast.

I know starting a club can be PITA but this is not the first time I have started a club. My last one was a club in NJ which eventually got combined into the club I currently fish in. So I do have some experience with this kind of thing.

As far as the Tuesday night tornys at Marsh Creek I would definitely be interested in fishing a few of those next year.

Again Thanks for the responses guys.
TheNextMikeIke is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.