Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-07, 06:15 PM   #1
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Surgical tubing.

Anyone know where I can buy surgical tubing that I can cut and use as a hook keeper for a trailer hook on a spinnerbait or buzzbait? What size tubing do you need? I used to be able to buy it separate but now all I can find is the trailer hooks with the tubing already cut. I don't need the trailer hooks. Just the tubing.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-07, 09:24 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Jigger-save the $$ on surgical tubing and use a hole punch on a plastic coffee can lid or milk jug. Put the trailer hook on the main hook, then take one of the plastic disks you made with the hole punch, punch toe point of the main hook through it and slide it down on the shank of the main hook,like so: Works like a charm.

If you want to use tubing the plastic tubing they use for aquariums works, too, but I prefer to have trailer hooks free swinging so they trail behind the bait. If you cover the eye of the trailer hook with a piece of tubing and punch the point of the main hook through it the trailer can end up pointing at an angle rather than directly behind the bait possibly increasing getting snagged.
Old 10-14-07, 11:26 PM   #3
Jigger

Reb,
Thanks, man, that's some advice I CAN and WILL use.
Old 10-16-07, 10:24 AM   #4
Fish2win

Find someone that is in teh hospital. I got a life time supply when my fishing buddy had surgery.We asked for it when they were replacing his IV. Fish2win
Old 10-17-07, 12:26 AM   #5
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2win View Post
Find someone that is in teh hospital. I got a life time supply when my fishing buddy had surgery.We asked for it when they were replacing his IV. Fish2win
Good advice.

Reb,
The old lady got me some coffee can lids and I got a hole punch and put a bunch of them in a little plastic bag. I'll try them this weekend. Thanks.
Robert

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.