Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-08, 09:03 PM   #1
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kennsandy
Default berkley photochromic line

please give me some insite on if anyone has used it. likes and dislikes. just curious, i used a spool of braid already, had to retie so much that ran out. thought it was because of all the wind we were fishing in, but it still did same thing when weather was good. loved the durability of the braid, but that is all i loved about it.

got a chance to get a good deal on some, so quick response would be greatly appreciated.

ken
kennsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 10:32 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

what kind of knot were you tying with the braid ? tie a palomar or a double palomar should just about handle anything with braid .
Old 07-01-08, 04:01 AM   #3
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

the knots were fine, use a palomar knot. what i kept getting was some sick backlash, and was on a spinning reel. never get that with mono, was it because fishing to light of tackle for the braid, used it specifically for senkos dock fishing?
Old 07-01-08, 07:25 AM   #4
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The question 'Sandy asked was re Berkley P'chromic line. How 'bout someone who has used the product step up and answer THE QUESTION before this thread wanders further off the track.
There aren't enough fingers and webbed toes (Sorry, Buzz.) among us to count the hijacked and digressed threads this and other forums have spawned since I first registered. I'll admit that I've been guilty a few times myself.
Again, the ? was re LINE. not knots. He also complained of BACKLASHES, which are rarely, if ever, related to knots, the exception being when a line-to-leader knot briefly snags a guide during a cast...Disaster!
Kenn, I have no experience with Berkley P'Chromic. I regret that I can be of no assistance. Good luck in your search for a straight answer.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 07:50 PM   #5
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default thx lancer

i did really like the braid i used, though i cant remember what it was, lol. was just looking for something to replace it, because if i am gonna have continual problems with it, i will go back to mono, never had issues with that. was just hoping for some feedback on different types of line that i shouldnt have any problem with.

talked to a tourney fishing friend of mine. he actually told me today he uses berkley big game, like 10 or 12 # test. said its the strongest most inexpensive line he has ever used. he also uses different types of line on other reels for situations, but this is the most used he has. about $7.00 a spool at wal-mart seems to good to be true. any feedback on berkley big game for me.

ken

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.