Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-06, 09:55 PM   #1
LubbockFisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Amistad

I have a touney in 2 weeeks at Amistad. Any suggestions? Water is about 58. Anybody fished it latley? Thanks for any advise.
LubbockFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-06, 11:16 PM   #2
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I found this post at wmi.org. Hope it helps. I haven't been there since the fall. Good luck, they say it is really hot right now. Last month a guy brought in a 39+ pound sack of five fish. Needless to say, he won that tournament.

Date Fished: 2/12/06
Water Temperature: 56
Water Clarity: 4 feet or greater

Lake Amistad is on fire we are fishing several different patterns from big spinners slow rolled, deep cranks, suspending jerks, drop shot, and c-rigs. The lake is about 8 feet low and falling slowly. Bass are still on main lake flats and ridges 24-28 feet look for the grass and bushes mixed (important). The bass are in drains also from 12-20 grass/bushes and on shallow flats from 8-15 where the grass is draped over the brush. When weather allows there are spawning fish so don't forget to look. Thanks, Ray Hanselman

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.