Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-06, 09:22 PM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the winter blast this weekend dropped the water temp in most of the coves. The best news was the wind has been very light the last couple of days which has allowed us to fish how and where we want. The temp drop in the water pushed the fish out to the first break which is about 10 to 14 foot deep. The jig has been the best bait to approach these fish with. Black and blue was the best color. One day it was the biggest trees and the next day it was cedar trees. With the warming weather coming the fish will be back where they were a week ago. The lipless crank bait was another bait that produced a few fish. Red or gold on the cloudy days was a good color choice. The long range for cast calls for the weather to get even warmer and this will get a lot different baits working. The Wave Worm Tiki Stick fished wacky or weightless will be a good bet when the water gets up to 57 degrees. The Lake Fork Trophy Bait and Tackle Twitch worm fished wacky, Zig Zag fished weightless, Ring Fry weightless, Fluke, and weightless Craw worm are all good starters when the water gets a little warmer. Spinner baits fished on the main lake points over grass has produced some good fish.
The best tip is cover plenty of water and spend time in the water you get a bite or catch a fish in. The crappie are still holding in the 37 to 40 foot of water. Small jigs and minnows are the best baits. Use your graph to locate bait and fish and drop down to them.
I still have some days in March and April if you are planning a trip to Fork Give me a call and we can set a date.
PS if didn’t hear we had a 15.5 Bass put into the program. We are at 398 on the Share a Lunker Program this is the time to get out to the lake
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 08:11 PM   #2
trigger
BassFishin.Com Member

i am planning on heading down to fork over the 4th of july to do some fishing. what can i expect to catch with the hot texas sun, do i stand a better chance night fishing, whats the hot lures for this time of year.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 03:30 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Trigger-by the 4th of July you would be wise to fish at night-by then it will be EXTREMELY hot in Texas.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.