Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-06, 10:34 AM   #1
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Feeling Discouraged

Well, went out yesterday and the morning just looks like it is going to be good until I get out to leave. Hop in the truck, start up the driveway and notice the trailer lights aren't working, so I hop out and take a look. The ground wire that hooks to my trailer had broken off during some point after hooking it up and pulling to the end of the driveway. Grab the correct tools to fix that and finally get going. Now, this already puts me 20 minutes behind schedule. Now, I get to the ramp and unload the boat. I tell my son to get in and get his lifejacket on so we can head across the lake. Now, my motor is a tiller handle with pull start. I reach down to turn the handle to the start position and what happens? The &*(%@ handle breaks off in my hand. Now, I am cursing because there are some awesome weed beds that I was going to concentrate on really good. I start trolling from the boat ramp to some nearby docks and start fishing a jig and a buzzbait. Well, my son decides to get stuck in a @#$%^& tree, so I have to drop my rod and take care of him. Then he gets stuck on somebodies party barge and I have to deal with that. Needless to say i didn't catch a darn thing. This is the second time in a row that I have went out and not caught a thing, not even a hit. I can usually bring a good amount of fish in while out, but the last 2 times have really gotten me discouraged to even go for the tourney trail next spring. Maybe it was the other problems weighing on my mind.
Old 09-05-06, 10:56 AM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

just keep fishing.my best friend and fishing partner has had the same problem lately. just slow down and fish your confidence lures. really soak in what everything is doing around you. just keep fishing and it will come.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 04:08 PM   #3
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Tough time of year bud, real tough. It'll come back to you, though.

This is the time of year that I like to try new things. I make lures, and this is when I get really creative, trying my best to make something unique. I also root through my tackle box and try things that I have not ever tried, or tried in a while.

To be honest, this is also a good time of year to sit back in the boat, eat a sammich, and justenjoy being out there. Look around every now and again, it's friggin great
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 09:50 PM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

BB,

Sometimes they win, sometimes we win. During the summer they can win a lot more LOL. Sorry about your problems, but with being so anxious due to the late start perhaps you were pushing it too hard, working the baits too fast etc... I think I need to listen to my own advice on that from time to time. Just remember it's fishing, and supposed to be fun. If it ever quits being fun, then you might as well go to work, at least it pays, fishing costs LOL. You'll get em next time.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.