Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-09, 11:09 AM   #1
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1993 ranger

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/1090571122.html

does anybody have a better idea as to the layout of the boat? pics?

opinions?

thanks
Tydings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 05:02 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well this is just my opion now. but if i could i would BUY IT. that is a great looking rig if ya ask me. i WOULD FOR SURE take it and have it tested. just to make sure. then i would take it for a spin. sit in it for about an hour to get the feel of how you would put everything ya got in and where to put it. only thing i DISLIKE is the duel console. makes it hard when ya got a really big fish and have to walk it around the deck if you understand my meaning. other than that, if i had the money, i would still buy it.
Old 03-26-09, 06:57 PM   #3
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I don't know much about real boats but that's a sweet looking ride.
Old 03-26-09, 09:10 PM   #4
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

Bama has it pretty much covered, other than his idea of the dual console. i have a 1990 ranger almost identical to this with a yamaha 175 pro v. single console and i think id rather have the dual, i guess its what you prefer, i have nowhere to put my phone, wallet, registration, etc. so i personally would have one if i had a choice. other than that, its a great smooth ride and when you skin it back it flies!!! 150 is plenty enough guarenteed! lottts of fishing room up front maybe enough for 3 people and ample amount in back. great storage room. def a keeper.!!!
Old 03-27-09, 12:45 AM   #5
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys, as of right now im pretty excited about this find, im calling tomorrow to see if i can go out and take a first hand look at it this weekend. it looks mint. cant go wrong w/ a ranger. what do you think that 150 will push it to?
Old 03-27-09, 01:44 AM   #6
bingham

Well i have to say im sure the 150 will be slick on the water, like i said i have a yamaha pro v 175 and it scoots!!! ive only been out in it twice and havent yet taken the gps for speedometer but im sure itll run low to mid 60s. your right you cant go wrong with a ranger, and truthfully i would trade mine for that one anyday, just because of the fact it has dual console, tandem axle trailer, and that 150 EFI merc, gas saver... mine gets id say about 1.5 mpg or maybe 2. full tourney load im sure itll still go about 60. you need to get another estimate, but id say itll run about 55 hammer down, just a guess, you should ask 1FASTLASER im sure he'll know alot more about it.
Old 03-27-09, 10:17 AM   #7
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

how do you recomend i go about finding someone to help me with a compression test, or just a general look at the engine?
Old 03-27-09, 10:30 AM   #8
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

although i dont even know if it would be worth doing one. the boats been used 10 times.
Old 03-27-09, 02:10 PM   #9
OrygunBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydings View Post
What do you think that 150 will push it to?
If it checks out good, that's a good price anywhere!!

As to the speed, Rangers are heavy and I would think that with just a 150 you will be fortunate to get it much above 55MPH if that!.
Old 03-27-09, 04:22 PM   #10
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

well i just got back from buffalo, i bought it! it is a show room boat no doubt. had a great owner. i feel bad he has to give it up. and as for not going over 55, anything is better then the boat i rent every year in the adirondacks!
Old 03-27-09, 05:37 PM   #11
OrygunBasser

Quote:
well i just got back from buffalo, i bought it! it is a show room boat no doubt. had a great owner. i feel bad he has to give it up. and as for not going over 55, anything is better then the boat i rent every year in the adirondacks!
That's awesome, it looks like a well kept boat and a "GREAT" price!

Not to worry about the speed, even though my boat will break 70MPH I almost never go much over 45 anyway as I can't afford the gas! I do not care to drive into the chinewalk that comes on about 68MPH so I get up to about 65 and trim down a little and leave it there! It feels like driving a Corvette on the road at that speed! Very smooth, very stable!
Old 03-27-09, 05:40 PM   #12
bamabassman

congrats on your new money pit pal, hahahahaha. truly congrats and glad you like the rig. now post up some more pics of it. post some on the "what kind of boat you got" thread too. and i am thinking that it'll go faster than 55 on the water. just take it easy till ya know how it handles ok? then you can let her rip.
Old 03-27-09, 06:14 PM   #13
Basscrazie

Congrats on the joining the ranger bunch.Get some pics if possible.I like that boat.I have a 92 with a 150 and that is enough to get ya where you need to be.I wished i had a single console at times Bing.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 12:34 AM   #14
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basscrazie View Post
Congrats on the joining the ranger bunch.Get some pics if possible.I like that boat.I have a 92 with a 150 and that is enough to get ya where you need to be.I wished i had a single console at times Bing.
Maybe i want dual just because i have single, why would you rather have single? Pros and Cons?
Old 03-28-09, 02:27 AM   #15
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys! im def gonna take it easy. its a whole new game now. i dont need more then 35mph myself. but its nice to know what shes capable of. the boat will not be in my possession until the end of april but i promise i'll have some pictures up when i get her in town. proud to be a part of that ranger family now!
Old 03-28-09, 09:05 AM   #16
Denny_K

Default Killer

That is an awesome rig!!!!!. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-09, 10:50 AM   #17
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

well i got a call this morning, the man i bought the boat from pulled a complete 180 move on me, backed out on our deal and claimed his son now wants to use it, after "selling" it to me. nothing i can do. so much for finding my bass boat. i guess the hunt starts again, so discouraged.
Old 03-31-09, 11:14 AM   #18
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
well i got a call this morning, the man i bought the boat from pulled a complete 180 move on me, backed out on our deal and claimed his son now wants to use it, after "selling" it to me. nothing i can do. so much for finding my bass boat. i guess the hunt starts again, so discouraged.
That sucks. Honestly, if you made an offer, and he accepted, you now have a binding contract with him. Problem is, your word against his. Any witnesses I'm sure will be his family, so they'll be on his side. It's not really worth fighting for, unless any money changed hands.
I wouldn't want that boat from him now, anyway. If he calls back offering the boat again, tell him that ship has sailed (anybody catch the pun? ). Really, though, he might be hoping you'll offer more money to "talk him out of" giving it to his son.
There's boats for sale all over the place, so don't give up. Somebody out there has your dream ride, you just gotta find it.
Old 03-31-09, 04:55 PM   #19
bamabassman

sorry pal. yea, sometimes that happens. sorry it happened to you.
Old 04-01-09, 06:46 PM   #20
OrygunBasser

Hey, that happened to me one time a few years back, I was really upset. Guess what, a better deal came along on a boat I liked a lot better!

Keep looking, it's a blessing in disguise!!!!
Old 04-01-09, 08:05 PM   #21
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
Maybe i want dual just because i have single, why would you rather have single? Pros and Cons?
Straight up think it would be easier to move around.I like the dual when i carry a fishing partner as they don't cry about the cold.
This boat being short of 18 sure fishes and carries all the gear like a bigger boat.I would like to up grade to an fi motor or add fi to mine.
Old 04-01-09, 08:19 PM   #22
Basscrazie

Man i am sorry your deal fell through but that just makes the next one that much better.Hang in there and take your time.
Old 04-02-09, 03:08 PM   #23
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys! i took a rest for a couple of days. now the hunt has continued.
gonna head out to bass proshops today to liven my spirits even more lol.
Old 04-02-09, 03:12 PM   #24
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:

Actually if you can get proof that he agreed to sell you that boat at a set price, it could be verbally or written, but if you can get proof by law he has to sell it to you....As long as one of you were not under the influence...
Old 04-02-09, 11:46 PM   #25
Tydings
BassFishin.Com Member

there is no way i can prove that, we were both standing outside of the storage facility after he had walked me in to see the boat, discussed price, agreed, set pick-up date, and payment details, then shook hands, i asked how much he wanted for a deposit, he said dont wory about it i'll see you in the end of april. i drove away all smiles. until 3 days later when i got his call saying "i'm not selling it anymore", which was crap bc it was already "sold" to me. unfortunatly its my word vs. his. with out receipt or the transfer of that downpayment i dont see how i could win.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.