Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-07, 07:34 AM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Hey Lizards

Great Scott what have I done ? Not only did I get a Shimano MentaniumXT reel, I went one Lizards way of thinking better than that. I bought a G.Loomis IMX MBR783 rod for the Shimano reel. I've figured it out, you got the Whiz Bang lure company to build those Cocoons you gave me that sent subliminal messages to that empty space between my ears ? It should make one heck of a Smallie beaver/baby paca craw outfit, for which you are also responsible for sending me as well.All I can say is thanks alot, if you come up to New Yawk to fish, we will call you Clyde, not Scott. The wife is severely pissed at this Scott character she doesn't know. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 09:59 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lmao..sounds like the attack of the monkey right der..did it look like dis??

zooker
Old 02-11-07, 10:52 AM   #3
skeeter944

congrats ivan! i heard about it on bassresource also,tell us how it fishes buddy!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 10:53 AM   #4
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

It must be contagious! I just picked up a Revo STX, a Scorpion 1000MG, and an Airrus Spectra AFT
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 10:56 AM   #5
skeeter944

wow sterling,thats a sweet setup! congrats!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 10:59 AM   #6
dampeoples

That's just off the shelf stuff, once I get to see zooker, I'm gonna get a 7' Speed Stick
Old 02-11-07, 11:17 AM   #7
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My wife has been a lot happier since Lizzy moved to Florida. That will probably all change when I use it as an excuse to go down there to fish for some of those lunkers Lizards has been catching.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 08:57 PM   #8
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

So as I gather, I'm the worst name in everyones household rotflmao It's OK I have big shoulders, and am amazed I can get all the women worked up without even being there Just imagine what would happen if they actually were next to me Congrats on the new setup. Of course I applaud it, and you know enough about your equipment that you do too

Congrats to you too Damn. Not what I would've picked, but a fantastic setup none the less

Lizards
Old 02-11-07, 09:01 PM   #9
dampeoples

That's ok, I also just ordered an Airrus Ultra XL and a SMAK 100 Still don't know what i'm going to pair with what, I'm just in the 'gotta have it' stage now
Old 02-12-07, 06:44 AM   #10
pig n jig

I am curious why didn't you buy a Alpha Type F reel instead of the SMAK ?The SMAK 100 will hold 137 yards of 12 lb test line which is alot for a Daiwa and most of the SMAK reels has those dammed saltwater handles on them ?Through GinRinPeche on Ebay,you can get some very nice reels for a decent price,might be worth a look if your looking at Japanese reels.The other thing is Daiwa parts are interchangable, the same here as they are in Japan, where as Shimano , some Japanese reels have different features you won't find on the Domestic reels sold here. P N J
Old 02-12-07, 05:13 PM   #11
dampeoples

Honestly, I got a NIB SMAK for $137 shipped, $60 cheaper than a Viento, and I've got a handle on the way for it

I've always wanted to try a Viento, didn't matter to me if it was JDM or domestic on either one, although I must admit that a Shimano with external brakes has my interest!

I don't have plans for any of the reels I just bought, I also just picked up another Accurist 2 on clearance the other day, it's just that time of year Last year it was the boat, I completely re-did the trailer with the roller bunks, got a new GPS, etc, etc.
Old 02-12-07, 06:20 PM   #12
pig n jig

That is a good buy for the reel.Like I said, all Daiwa parts should be part numbered the same, so you can buy parts here for as most Shimano reel repair people will not work on a Japanese Shimano.Raul, is very knowledgable on Japanese reels, if anyone were to know about interchanging Shimano parts, he would be the one I would ask.Congratulations on your new tackle. P N J
Old 02-12-07, 06:33 PM   #13
dampeoples

Yeah, the 1000MG wasn't a bad deal either The guy I get to work on my reels knows Raul, he hangs out at Tackle Tour He frequently scolds me for sending higher end reels that have never seen a day of maint. in their life, he swears they've been in salt!

Now all I need is some skill, and I'll be set! I don't need any of these reels, I've got a combo set up for everything I want to do, I just wanted to try them

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.