Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-07, 08:50 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Hey Lizards...

Awhile back I said that my confidence bait was a chatterbait. I was wrong. Actually , it just dawned on me today what is....its a fluke , preferably a 6" Zoom , although bass assasan will work.I can always catch fish with a fluke. I was having a ruff day of fishing and put on the fluke after a few hours , and within one hour I had four fish , and that bait alone got me third in my first tournament ever.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-07, 07:26 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

not to found of a fluke but i do use a bassassin quite a bit..

zooker
Old 06-15-07, 08:00 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Sorry for the late response, still trying to catch up with some posts I've missed. A fluke is the one bait I would choose if I could only fish one bait the rerst of my life. I prefer the Fin-S Fish, found a www.lunkercity.com however, in Alewife color. Several of my biggest bass came on them. They work everywhere, a bass will always eat a wounded baitfish. My favorite way to fish them is fast, and almost like a topwater bait around vegetation. However a slower presentation is also needed at times. Glad you put a few in the boat, determination pays off in fishing. Hope the weather is allowing you to wet your line a lot. Gotta make up for the winter time now LOL.

Lizards
Old 06-16-07, 06:57 PM   #4
CMorg

Hey , he finally responds....hehe. The weather up here has been smokin hot and dry... no rain for awhile , and hot. Some people here have been catching smallmouth and stripers in the river I sometimes fish... think I may go this next weekend. Never caught a Striper before...
Old 06-16-07, 08:17 PM   #5
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Hey , he finally responds....hehe. The weather up here has been smokin hot and dry... no rain for awhile , and hot. Some people here have been catching smallmouth and stripers in the river I sometimes fish... think I may go this next weekend. Never caught a Striper before...

Go to Lake Monroe, and fish up by the Dam. There are some huge stripers in there, however live bait is the best tool for them there. You can catch some all over, usually smaller ones. Again sorry for the late response, just haven't been around much lately.

Lizards
Old 06-16-07, 11:05 PM   #6
CMorg

Lake Monroe is only 1 hour from me... DNR has a website somewhere that shows where the fish are , they have some kind of tracking system. Thanks for the advice...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.