Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-09, 03:30 PM   #26
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

bbm has a good point. My dad paid 120 bucks (including shipping) for a $255 loomis rod. only used once.

BB
Old 04-22-09, 05:16 PM   #27
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I like the 7'2" Crucial also for shaky head. That and a 7'M B&R Outlaw. I have the 6'8" Crucial also and prefer it for drop shotting since it feels like you can get a better hookset with the longer one and d.s. doesn't really need that.
I seem to go the opposite way, I have a crucial in 7'2 and love it for drop shottin, but have always preferred the 6'8 or 6'10 for shaky heads.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 10:07 PM   #28
EastTexas
BassFishin.Com Member

For my finesse rods I use:
Shimano Syncopate 2000FA spinning reel w/ 6' American Made ProVantage medium-light action graphite rod.

Shimano Sonora 2500FA spinning reel w/ 6 1/2' Shimano medium fast action graphite composite rod. (only if Academy had a 6' rod in stock...)

I almost never use high end rods. I have a St. Croix Avid 9' 5WT fly rod, but I like the action better on my 8' 6WT Berkley Phazer fly rod. It just works better for me.
EastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 11:10 PM   #29
pacmanrocks
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Keith if you was wanting to finesse fish then you have two options. I would either go with a spinning reel with 10lb or less fluro line or use a baitcast reel with possibly stronger lb line with smaller diameter (fluro or mono). The rod will be important because you will want one with a very flexible tip. I wouldn't suggest anything more than a 6'6 rod with great flexibility and feeling. Some of those MH rods are too stiff to use. Just find one that works best within your budget.
pacmanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 11:47 PM   #30
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thanks for the tips fellas. I'm suprised how many here prefer rods around 7 foot. Most rods I've read about that were being advertised as shaky head rods were around 6'3". It would seem to me that the longer the rod, the harder it would be to properly control such a small offering as a 4 inch shaky worm.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.