Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-09, 01:21 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Unhappy This is just wrong!

This is just wrong!

Well, my dad, older bro and I went way down the west palm Sunday, we used to live there, and entering the city, there was a big natal lake, we used to fish there all the time and my dad would always catch really nice bass out of it (I was to young to really bass fish, but I did some), we probably when every other weekend. Well wile we where down there we thought we might as well fish since we where in the area. And you're never gonna guess what we say when we got there, and big ugly sign that said NO FISHING, NO BOATING, NO SWIMMING?!?!?

How can they do that!?!??!?!?!!? It's a natural lake in fl with bass in it, and no fishing? In just 7 or 8 years it went from a lake you can fish, to one that you could not!

Just wrong,

Has anyone else experienced this in your state?
Old 05-10-09, 01:32 PM   #2
JB

It usually happens when the owner to state want to limit liability towards drownings and other accidents plus the liter factor...happens up here n yes it sucks
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 01:40 PM   #3
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Happens all the time unfortunatly. There use to be hundreds of little farm ponds around here that I'd fish. But then somebody goes out there acting stupid, get's hurt and sues the owner, or just trashes the place. It's sad, but I can understand why the owners do it.
Old 05-10-09, 06:19 PM   #4
bamabassman

stick that and the fact that when an owner lets folks fish, they will leave trash and things evrywhere. also they will not abid by the owners rulles. i lost a great fishing pond back where i was raised for this reason. the owner told me that when he let me fish the pond after 15 years of no one fishing it. everyone and their brother,sister and 5th cousin twice removed flooded the place. without even asking. so he had to put a stop to it all again. it is a shame the some folks the try to do the right thing, can't cause of a few idiots.
and at a nother pond a kid got bitten by a cotton mouth. and the owner had to pay the bill. some folks man, i tell ya.
Old 05-10-09, 06:46 PM   #5
flbassman

We had a great spot me and my buddies used to go to. A big spring fed lake where people went and fished, rode 4 wheelers, partied a little and just hung out. There were some woods around it, and I knew a few people who arrowed hogs. People set up jumping platforms, a zipline, some rope swings and a floating dock. It was just a fun place. All of a sudden though, the partying a little turned into multi keggers every weekend, and people throwin cans and bottles everywhere, then the cops started showing up, busting people for underaged drinking and weed and before too long it was shut down. It's a shame people don't know when to stop, and mess stuff up for everybody.
Old 05-10-09, 07:23 PM   #6
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

one stupid person probably ruined it. when someone does something stupid it usually affects everyone.

or someone may have got hurt out there and they decided it was not safe to have people out there fishing.
Old 05-10-09, 07:36 PM   #7
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
We had a great spot me and my buddies used to go to. A big spring fed lake where people went and fished, rode 4 wheelers, partied a little and just hung out. There were some woods around it, and I knew a few people who arrowed hogs. People set up jumping platforms, a zipline, some rope swings and a floating dock. It was just a fun place. All of a sudden though, the partying a little turned into multi keggers every weekend, and people throwin cans and bottles everywhere, then the cops started showing up, busting people for underaged drinking and weed and before too long it was shut down. It's a shame people don't know when to stop, and mess stuff up for everybody.
That same thing happened here. I went fishing in this great spot my buddy fished for years , we went back in this cove and there were ropes going out over the lake , fold out chairs hanging from the trees ( so people wouldnt steal them ) and obvious signs of partying , but the place was clean. And still the next time we went there , two green gates and no trespassing signs everywhere...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 07:49 PM   #8
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
stick that and the fact that when an owner lets folks fish, they will leave trash and things evrywhere. also they will not abid by the owners rulles. i lost a great fishing pond back where i was raised for this reason. the owner told me that when he let me fish the pond after 15 years of no one fishing it. everyone and their brother,sister and 5th cousin twice removed flooded the place. without even asking. so he had to put a stop to it all again. it is a shame the some folks the try to do the right thing, can't cause of a few idiots.
and at a nother pond a kid got bitten by a cotton mouth. and the owner had to pay the bill. some folks man, i tell ya.
Makes you wonder what kind of people raised folks don't it? My parents always taught me when somebody is neighborly enough to let you use their property, the least you can do is pick up your trash, and if you see trash somebody else left behind go ahead and pick it up too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.