Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-10, 05:53 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default What a day...

I figured some of you guys could commiserate with me about my day.

I started out before dawn on my local pit. I tore them up bank fishing last evening at the ramp with a drop shot. I figured they'd still be biting really well. I was wrong. Well, sort of. There were some absolute HAWGS just demolishing minnows in the shallows. Problem was, the water there had the consistency of a kitchen sponge. It was so thick it would totally own my trolling motor in seconds. I would have needed poles just to reach them. And some 5oz weights to punch it. I need to work on a technique for those situations....badly.

Other than that, it was a crappy day. The right side of my side imaging quit. I'm sure Humminbird will send me a new transducer, but it still blows.

Oh well, at least I finally got to work on my spook technique today, and got it working very nicely with my Zillion. Who needs a Sammy? Go get a $4 spook and walk it like there's no tomorrow. No bites though.

I left that pit early since I wasn't doing very well, and decided to try another place a few miles down the road. I got to the water's edge and discovered that the "ramp" was just gradually sloping mud. I knew I was going to get stuck, so I decided not to.

On the way back onto the road, my p.o.s. 2WD truck got stuck, spinning a hole in the gravel, and I couldn't even rock it back and forth, because the pin fell out of my surge brake disable hole, and the truck's weight pushed the tongue back so far, I couldn't get the pin back in. God, I put my feet on the tongue, and pushed against the truck with every bit of strength I had to try to push it back far enough, but no luck. I did however, receive a very nice "light show" in my eyes as I nearly passed out from the over-exertion LOL.

The only good thing that happened was I made a new friend, who got a tow strap and helped me pull my stupid Dakota out. My next truck is going to be a big 4WD, that's for sure.
Old 05-23-10, 06:32 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bummer dude, but I'd have traded places with ya...... LOL, that's an insider, the rest of you would not understand.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:31 PM   #3
Jim80

Man that blows dude , but it coulda been worse right

jim
Old 05-23-10, 08:37 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Oh, it's not that bad. I just had a different outcome envisioned for today. Something other than coming home exhausted, hot, sweaty, and muddy. Honestly, if I had caught a 5 lb'er, everything would have been worth it LOL.
Old 05-23-10, 08:39 PM   #5
Bassboss

LOL!!

Sounds like a crappy day man! Musta been karma for sumthin!
Old 05-23-10, 09:15 PM   #6
66KingFisher

I was with a buddy and his dad when we had a very similar situation.....just figure in an additional trailer tire blowout at 60mph with no spare, and our stories would almost match...lol
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 09:43 PM   #7
Abbeysdad

bummer - good thing it's behind you!
Old 05-23-10, 10:48 PM   #8
bamabassman

mama said there would be days like this, mama said.......mama said. haha, sorry aobut your day bryce. my weekend wasn't all that great either.

well TODAY was, took my parents out for an early 53 rd wedding anniversary lucnh at outback rest. had a great time with them.
Old 05-23-10, 11:11 PM   #9
TN_Bassin

Man, that blows. Especially the part about your Humminbird. I'm sure they'll send you a new transducer. Sounds like a real rough day.
Old 05-24-10, 10:20 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Man that sounds like an awful day! Four wheel drive isn't something that I use very often but when I do I am reminded of how valuable it really is.
Old 05-25-10, 07:24 AM   #11
tim4081
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bummer of a day.....it bums you out when you envision a great day fishing and then run into crap like you had. As for 4wd truck I'd never be without one....between tough boat launches and Michigan winters its a neccesity. I'm sure you'll better ones down the (less muddy) road.
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.