Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-08, 11:35 AM   #26
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well I just got off the phone with John and they still haven't figured it out yet, but John seems pretty sure that it may be something to do with her Medications, or it may be viral. The good news is that the kidney is still kicking. He sounded pretty tired, hopefully Lisa will get well quickly and that fine couple can kick back and get some rest!
Old 11-01-08, 12:42 PM   #27
Kevin
Administrator

Hey Lisa and John, you know you guys are in our prayers! We're praying for a clean bill of health. Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do. Send Lisa our best wishes.
Old 11-01-08, 01:36 PM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thanks bob, kevin c-rig, wtl, mb, and EAVERYONE I MISSED. yea i am a little tired. called lisa this morning and the doctors said it HAS to be the meds. they are gonna get her fixed up real soon. told her it isn't uncommon for this to happen after the first few months. so we will getting her straigthened out soon. again...everyone, thank you for ALL your thoughts and prayers. i truly means alot to us both. i told her that all ya'll said she has to come home soon so she could catch that really BIG UN. HAHAHA. she smiled and said she ain't given up one bit. she's gone this far and gonna out live us all.lol. she is a real fighter gang. so she'll be home soon, ready to go fishing too. i have GOT get her a few more set ups now for real,lmao. gonna be a good christmas for her huh? i'll keep ya'll informed on the progress.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 10:50 AM   #29
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hope everything is ok. We are here for both of you
Old 11-02-08, 11:03 AM   #30
Bassgrl81
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Bassgrl81 Send a message via Yahoo to Bassgrl81
Smile

Awww congrats to you two!!
Old 11-02-08, 01:00 PM   #31
bamabassman

Hey gang, It's Lisa, I'm doing ok. I had a temp of 104.1 when I was admitted thurs am and my white blood count was 0. The Dr's think it was a virus and because of my white blood count (which fights of infections ) being 0 it kicked me in the head ha ha. I'm feeling better now still pumping lots of antibiotics in me and trying to kick start my bone marrow into producing white blood cells again. Hopefully I won't have to go thru a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow.
We'll keep ya'll posted of course. Thanks for all the love and support. And keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Love, Lisa
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 01:58 PM   #32
bcklash

It's good to hear from you Lisa -- keep smiling we are all praying for you and John.
Old 11-02-08, 06:22 PM   #33
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Thanks for all the love and support. And keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Love, Lisa
That's what friends are for...
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 07:25 PM   #34
mrs bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Good news, my white blood count was 14000 this am. Thank God ! I still don't think the doctors know what happened. I think they dropped the ball and didn't check my lab results as often as they should have and my blood count bottomed out as well a me catching a virus. By then it took three procrit treatments (shots in the stomach to make your bone marrow produce white blood cells) which is usully taken only once a week. As well as pumping mega anitbiotics into me. Believe me I'm not blaming anybody I'm just thankful they took good care of me and got me back on the right track.

I'm HOME now !!!

Love, Lisa
mrs bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 07:28 PM   #35
WTL

Lisa, on a day when the object of so much of my hate was fired, it is your post that actually makes my day. It sounds like it was just one of those things, and everything is gonna be fine.

Yall stay warm up there in the North.

Billy
Old 11-03-08, 07:58 PM   #36
woody

That is very good news!
I'm glad to hear your doin better!

take care,
Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 09:06 AM   #37
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs bamabassman View Post
Good news, my white blood count was 14000 this am. Thank God ! I still don't think the doctors know what happened. I think they dropped the ball and didn't check my lab results as often as they should have and my blood count bottomed out as well a me catching a virus. By then it took three procrit treatments (shots in the stomach to make your bone marrow produce white blood cells) which is usully taken only once a week. As well as pumping mega anitbiotics into me. Believe me I'm not blaming anybody I'm just thankful they took good care of me and got me back on the right track.

I'm HOME now !!!

Love, Lisa

Welcome home, girl! I hope they are a little more vigilant now and keep you out of harm's way. I know old John-boy wouldn't know what to do with out you! Besides, those of us who have had the pleasure to meet you also think you're mighty fine folk!
Old 11-04-08, 09:59 AM   #38
MississippiBoy

That's great, Lisa. Good news.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 04:43 PM   #39
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Smile

Thank you so very much for the glad tidings, Lisa. It means much to all of us, I'm certain.
If prayers for your wellbeing have worked...and it seems they have....then you won't mind a prayer of thanks. One's already out and another volley to follow.

Warmly,

Lancer6 (and a long list of other nicknames)
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.