Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-10, 10:40 PM   #1
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default The news is out...

What's everyone think about LeBron going to Miami to join Wade and Bosh? I can't believe he actually did it and will leave a little more than $30 million on the table, but can respect his reasoning. The man wants to win championships and feels his decision has put him in the best situation to do so.
Old 07-08-10, 11:18 PM   #2
Ebbetsguy

Like Patrick Ewing, great player,so far has not been one to carry a team to a championship

Last edited by Ebbetsguy; 07-08-10 at 11:24 PM.
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 11:27 PM   #3
JerseyFisher

I wanna know how you're feeling being from Ohio and all... betrayed?
JerseyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 03:13 AM   #4
BassinBandit

If they learn to play team ball and don't have to have 3 balls on the court to satisfy everyone they will be NBA Champions. Personally I think they will become a great team but thats just me.
Old 07-09-10, 06:33 AM   #5
Ebbetsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyFisher View Post
He played hard and a lot of minutes with minimal injuries for 7 full seasons, leaving his heart on the court most nights, how is that betrayal. He left for less money to puruse his goal of a championship. I think he realizes he needs a supporting cast, as he can't carry a team by himself.
Old 07-09-10, 09:21 AM   #6
rodnreel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyFisher View Post
I was never a Cavs fan until LeBron was drafted. And even then I think I became more of a fan of LeBron than the team itself. So I don't feel betrayed at all. I would have liked to see him stay in Cleveland and try to win a championship the way I think it should be won...the way Jordan did it and the way Kobe is doing it now. A standout star who has an all star sidekick and a lot of good players around him. Unfortunately, LeBron never had that sidekick in Cleveland. And the way he sees it, now he has 2 of those caliber players in Miami.

I'm more upset with the way he went about making his decision. The whole build up to last night and then a 1 hour special on ESPN seemed a little self centered.
Old 07-09-10, 11:56 AM   #7
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have a lot of respect for LeBron James, but lost a smidgen of it over the theatrics surrounding his decision. Same amount of respect i lost for Brett Favre. I still think that both of them are among teh all time greats in their sports and i would never cheer agains em. I hope LeBron gets his championship in Miami. I know my sister-in-law is lovin every minute of it being from south florida and a die hard heat fan...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:33 PM   #8
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I quit watching the NBA after Jordan retired (the first time). It may as well be called the National Street Ball Association now.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 03:54 PM   #9
JerseyFisher

I was only saying betrayed because thats what the media is saying about cleveland as a whole. I mean its his home town, led them to the best record the last two seasons, and was accountable for 48% of all of the Cavaliers points this season (his points/ones he assisted). Seems like he is giving up on them, if he was loyal to his city he would have influenced Bosh to come there, Cavs have the cap room.
Old 07-09-10, 04:39 PM   #10
Jim80

I think it was a solid move on his part . Aside from how great that team will play , it has to be great to be able to play at that level with some of your best friends on your team and not against them

Jim
Old 07-09-10, 04:52 PM   #11
Cavs1123

lemme tell you that I am pi$$ed off that he left! He left a team that could of won him a championship if he stayed. I'm glad hes gone now. Good riddens!
Old 07-09-10, 05:13 PM   #12
JerseyFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs1123 View Post
lemme tell you that I am pi$$ed off that he left! He left a team that could of won him a championship if he stayed. I'm glad hes gone now. Good riddens!
I wouldn't be glad if my team lost 48% of all its scoring from last year, that's a huge hole to fill. Plus Shaq is way past his prime, and the Cavs might not get him back, and Jamison and Mo Williams are okay supporting, role players at best.
Old 07-09-10, 05:57 PM   #13
Jim80

Quote:

Cav's bro I understand that pretty much your whole teams chance of getting to the playoffs just vanished but the guy wanted to play with his buddies and from a business point he gave the Cav's 7 years to get him a championship caliber team . I am kinda excited to see the three of them on the floor together . And keep in mind he asked both of them to join him in Cleveland and they said no

Jim
Old 07-09-10, 06:08 PM   #14
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

THIS AIN'T bama FOOTBALL HUH? bwaaaahahahahahahhaha!
Old 07-09-10, 07:43 PM   #15
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
THIS AIN'T bama FOOTBALL HUH? bwaaaahahahahahahhaha!
Laughing hard here. You gotta wait till fall Bama. And even then you just gotta root for the blue and gold!!! As for James.....I hope Miami gets their butts kicked this year, lol. But then I always feel the same way about the Yankees for baseball too.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 08:05 PM   #16
bamabassman

keith.....my fathers high school colors were blue and gold. the warrior indians. they ain't even got a high school no more. turned it into a jr high. no team at all. so.......................

hahahaha!! and besides i am a BOSTON CELTICS FAN when it comes to basketball.
Old 07-12-10, 09:53 AM   #17
rodnreel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Cav's bro I understand that pretty much your whole teams chance of getting to the playoffs just vanished but the guy wanted to play with his buddies and from a business point he gave the Cav's 7 years to get him a championship caliber team . I am kinda excited to see the three of them on the floor together . And keep in mind he asked both of them to join him in Cleveland and they said no

Jim

I agree with you there, Jim. LeBron played very, very good basketball all 7 of those years, too. Rookie of the year and then ended with back to back MVP's. I think he also won a scoring title somewhere in between. The Heat have a lot of work to do to get those 3 guys a good supporting cast, though. They'll win a lot of games, but will NOT win a championship with just those 3. It'll be interesting to see how next season goes, but Miami has become the Yankees of the NBA.
Old 07-12-10, 10:19 AM   #18
nofearengineer

I for one, don't care about basketball, pro or otherwise. However, if it will make the Cleveland fans happy, I will join them in their group prayer that a 1-mile wide asteroid will fall upon Miami. It would make for a great reality show; i.e. King James Brings the Rock to Miami.
Old 07-12-10, 10:32 AM   #19
Ebbetsguy

Quote:
The Cubs will win a world series befoire the Cavs ever win an NBA championship, sometime in the next 50 years, i would guess
Old 07-12-10, 01:52 PM   #20
Jrob78

You guys should check out Jesse Jackson's thought on the matter.

What an idiot.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 03:14 PM   #21
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You guys should check out Jesse Jackson's thought on the matter.

What an idiot.
Why the hell does Jesse Jackson even think his opinion on the subject matters. He is a complete moron, whom I'd like to treat like a stray dog, "don't feed him and he will go away".
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 04:11 PM   #22
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodnreel View Post
I agree with you there, Jim. LeBron played very, very good basketball all 7 of those years, too. Rookie of the year and then ended with back to back MVP's. I think he also won a scoring title somewhere in between. The Heat have a lot of work to do to get those 3 guys a good supporting cast, though. They'll win a lot of games, but will NOT win a championship with just those 3. It'll be interesting to see how next season goes, but Miami has become the Yankees of the NBA.
People said the same thing about the Celtics though. and they have been great with their team . And you are right it will come down to the minimum salary guys and how big a role they can play .

Jim
Old 07-14-10, 04:06 AM   #23
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The best word I can come up with to describe my feelings on this... meh.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.