Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-08, 06:00 AM   #1
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Hey, Mr. Photographer!

So, how's the football season going for you and the Fighting Mudskippers?
Are you gettin' any playing time?...Hope so, and that you'll remain injury-free.
For my part I like High School and College ball far more than Pro. I consider pro ball to be more predictable than the other two.
Of course, I follow the pro fortunes of Adrian Peterson and former Sooners, but I rarely sit and watch an entire pro game. College? I'll watch every game, every Saturday (plus the Thursday games, etc.), until the last tackle is made. I don't care if it's East Popcorn State v. USNDH (University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople). I wanna see it!
As you might know, high school football is a religion here in Texiz. If one were to start driving across Texiz at sunset on Friday, during the season, he'd be able to spot the little towns out in the middle of nowhere just by seeing the stadium lights.
So far, MY season is a success...The Sooners averaging over 50 pts per game and my old high school's defense unscored on in their first three games. Sadly, being in a TOUGH 5A district, they'll be lucky to finish 6-4...sniff...but one can always hope.
That's it for now. We're expecting reports from you each week of the season.

Hit hard, hit clean, and be safe.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 07:12 AM   #2
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

hey bud...mudskippers.haha..were actually the Cavaliers.. .its been going good.. for me..

didnt get to play last week since i missed two days of practice...

but.. i did get to play this week.. whole second half.. agaisnt our rival team...

OL dosent want to play.. we lost 5 yards on a POWER PLAY

then on spread half the time the qb was having to scramble...

but on D...... and i'm at corner..man up the widest guy..

he holds.. might i tell you that were already loosing 45-0.... well the reff evidently didnt see it.. so i let him hold me again.. he didnt see it again..i said screw it then.. next play i run straight at the guy on the call of the ball hes looking inside and then i lay him out.. and i fly inside to play the trap since the tackle pulled out... and there he is.. i dive at his feet arms around his feet i can feel it... and just as i'm almost closing them.. he gets knocked from behind and stumbles out of my reach...

runs a 55 yard TD...
it wasnt my man but oh well..

we kick return..drive down the field and fumble at their 30.. then our D is backing them up.. then i get my tackle... sweep left.. and the lead blockers had already passed.. i went with my theory of knocking the man off the ball then run inside and there he was and i laid my little 125lb butt into him.. roll him and then the worst part.. a bunch of linemen jump on me and i spit my mouthpiece out and cant breathe.. but i get up goin WHAT NOW lol.. were loosing 52-0 but i didnt care. then "on the stop number 20 Scott...."

haha then it was Punt return ..blah... then i get back on d... and they play like 3 plays and then its the end..

this week.. the team we play beat this team from friday..
Old 09-16-08, 03:55 AM   #3
Lancer6

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
hey bud...mudskippers.haha..were actually the Cavaliers.. .its been going good.. for me..

.. .were loosing 52-0 but i didnt care. then "on the stop number 20 Scott...."

haha then it was Punt return ..blah... then i get back on d... and they play like 3 plays and then its the end..

this week.. the team we play beat this team from friday..
Well, don't feel too badly re the 52-zip. Chattanooga, Cincinnati, and The Fighting Willinghams all got that many or more hung on them by my guys over the past three weeks of the college season.
The best part is, as your coach will say "Well, at least you got some valuable game experience and the doctor says the limp will probably disappear somewhere around your fiftieth birthday. Now go walk it off!"
I'm glad you're having a good time and I'm certain your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, third cousin twice-removed, the ghost of your Civil War ancestor (*Gen. Jubilation T. Cornpone, CSA) and siblings (if any) are ditto.
Play hard, play clean, then quit and join the Latin CLub.

Lancer6

*Reb's favorite

When we fought the Yankees and annihilation was near,
Who was there to lead the charge, that took us safe to the rear?

Why it was Jubilation T. Cornpone.
Old "Toot your own horn pone",
Jubilation T. Cornpone, a man who knew no fear.

When we almost had 'em but the issue still was in doubt,
Who suggested the retreat that turned it into a rout?

Why it was Jubilation T. Cornpone.
Old "Tattered and Torn Pone",
Jubilation T. Cornpone, he kept us hidin' out.

With our ammunition gone and faced with utter defeat,
Who was it that burned the crops and left us with nothin' to eat?

Why it wuz Jubilation T. Cornpone.
Old "September Morn-pone",
Jubilation T. Cornpone, the pants blown off his seat.
Old 09-16-08, 06:49 AM   #4
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer6 View Post
...."Well, at least you got some valuable game experience and the doctor says the limp will probably disappear somewhere around your fiftieth birthday. Now go walk it off!"...
ahem.. i'm 16 hahaha
Old 09-26-08, 04:12 PM   #5
MrPhotographer06

haha.. well last week ...slaughter at the first region game.. 57-6..made a tackle from 40 yards away

we hit the field at 7:30 tonight.. its rained all day today and yesterday so this should be nice.. i'm digging out the hightop/metal cleats to save my ankles.. I checked the field while at lunch..the middle was pretty dry.. near the sidelines was pretty wet. on the 3 films we watched they werent too good at holding on to the ball and its gunna rain tonight so it wont help.
i got my first starting position ..kickoff.. oh joy.. I'll let yall know how it all went down tonight or tomorrow..

-Scott
Old 09-26-08, 04:52 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

[quote=Lancer6;204449]Play hard, play clean, then quit and join the Latina CLub.

Lancer6

quote]

fixed for a nomal fee -sending you the bill...

zooker
Old 09-27-08, 05:32 AM   #7
Lancer6

[quote=zooker;205247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer6 View Post
Play hard, play clean, then quit and join the Latina CLub.

Lancer6

quote]

fixed for a nomal fee -sending you the bill...

zooker
Oddly enough, given the plethora of pulchritudinous "Panchitas" in these hyar parts, it was only within the last few years that I actually got to know one in the Biblical sense. However, rather than give the impression that she was a dark-eyed, caramel-skinned, long-haired, native-costume-wearing, morsel that I encountered in a cantina on the ourskirts of El Paso and had to *gun down a wild young cowboy to possess, I must admit that she was a tastefully clad, semi-blitzed, college degree-holding, sweet-smelling, light-skinned item no older than mebbe 40 with no accent wot-so-evAr. Sorta spoiled the whole concept but I managed.
'Course, had she been sober and able to drive she might'nt have been so friendly. As it was she asked me if she could camp at my condo for the night. I did NOT force the issue but was delighted to provide "Room Service" per her request. First name: Naomi. Last name: I'd not tell even IF I remembered it. May not have known it at all.

Lancero Seis

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nCYXp3_4w
Old 10-04-08, 01:47 PM   #8
MrPhotographer06

i coulda sworn i wrote up last weeks game...

Sept 26
played a hard game... loosing 20-8 at the half.. went in the locker room and he said fellas.. we gotta do something.... so we had a little talk..went out.. and kickoff.. they get the ball..run one play.. score.. 26-8......they didnt score another point we won 48-26
Old 10-04-08, 04:39 PM   #9
Lancer6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
i coulda sworn i wrote up last weeks game...

Sept 26
played a hard game... loosing 20-8 at the half.. went in the locker room and he said fellas.. we gotta do something.... so we had a little talk..went out.. and kickoff.. they get the ball..run one play.. score.. 26-8......they didnt score another point we won 48-26

Way to go, young 'un! I think I speak for all of us in offering congratulations...well there IS one sorehead,
What's the overall record now?
Any chance of making the p---o--s? (Gotta be careful where we use that word, y'know.)
We're waitin' to hear 'bout this weekend's victory.
Be safe and play like a champion.

Lancer6
Senile old fool 'cause Witless Twerp (Literally!) sez I is.
Old 10-04-08, 10:32 PM   #10
MrPhotographer06

well..heres the last nights write up

oct. 4

playing a 6-0 team.. its their homecomming

2 1/2 hour drive..

like 4 players out to put us down to 21 ppl...

anywho..

just left our team at the school and played with corpses..

20-48

puts us at

2W 4L
Old 11-03-08, 07:40 PM   #11
MrPhotographer06

well.. i missed a few write ups

but we ended up 3-7.. if we had one the last game or the next to the last game we were in the playoffs..

we gave up like 3 TD's in the 1st quarter of play so it was kinda hard to get back from that...

ready for next yearwhen my best friend [totaly better qb] will step up to the plate for QB
Old 11-03-08, 08:30 PM   #12
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well at least ya got to play right? got some good experience, right? now go work out and get ready for next fall pal. oh.... don't forget to go fishing though,hehehehe.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 09:27 AM   #13
Lancer6

Thumbs up

Mr. Phot,
(Sounds like a Vietnamese name, so I may haz t' kill ya'.)

3-7 is better than 2-8, 1-9, or 0-10. You practiced hard, played hard, and will be exponentially better as a player next season. All in all, your season was a success.
During my first year (Soph.) at Dear Old Dougie MacA. HS we went 0-10 (but were awarded the district's Sportsmanship Trophy) My Junior season resulted in a 2-8, the thrill coming from ending a 22 game losing streak by defeating a powerhouse that had beaten the pewp out of us (49-0) the year before. I still have THE game ball, with fading paint commemorating the event. (Later in this post you'll REALLY be confused by that.)
Senior year brought about a 3-7, and that was the first year we moved up to the largest class. In our first game v. a 4A opponent (no 5A in them thar days) we lost to mighty Tom Jefferson 66-0. You may never have heard of them but one of their linebackers name might ring a bell...Tommy Nobis. He was an All-American at U of Tex under Darrell Royal and went on to a great career with the Falcons.
Our BizkitBall team won district and went on into the p'offs, as did our Baseball troopers. (Look up Jerry Grote on Wiki. He is my classmate and a nice guy to this very day.)
Well, by two years later, Mac began to thump Jeff on a regular basis.
The point of this is that you are already at 3-7 and will be there to see perhaps two-three more seasons of improvement. Get it?
Read this to your coaches and teammates if you wish. It might do some good.
BTW, I contributed to the effort...as a lead trumpeter in the band. (Which won EVERYTHING in sight. I also tried my best to keep the dance team girls glowing..."So many Brahmadoras(18). So little time."

Play hard, play fair, and kill the bastadges. Then date their GFs.

Lancer6
Band nerd with THE game ball. MHS 18 Kerrville Tivy 7
Old 11-07-08, 10:09 PM   #14
MrPhotographer06

haha
wow..cool story

yeah i didnt expect to play or start my rookie year [last football experience was 7th grade..now a junior]

next year probally start lots of experience and good ammount of Playing Time

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.