Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-08, 04:45 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Define yourself!!!

I like my life simple. Watching tv i like fishing shows,wrestling,monster truck racing, Ohh an Nascar truck racing. I own a 4x4 nissan pathfinder. That is well cared for by yours truely. I fish from a second hand canoe. I own lot's of fishing equitment. I vote republican. I'm already looking forward to 2012. I just wish Palin would be first setting president to be a playboy bunny at the same time. I chew my 1.00 grape kyak and go to church. OHH i like my country music.
Old 11-14-08, 07:32 PM   #2
Jim80

I live a simple life myself have three sons and own my fair share of fishing stuff . I read more than I watch tv and I am An avid music fan mostly hardcore metal and hard rock but I'll listen to almost anything . My kids kinda run my life and everything else fits in were it can , but that is how it should be .

Jim

Last edited by Jim80; 11-14-08 at 07:42 PM.
Jim80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 08:16 PM   #3
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Vexatious!
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 08:56 PM   #4
Wishing2BFishing

i am an attorney. I believe that there are no shortcuts when it comes to handling a case. I work hard so fishing is my outlet from the office. To me, fishing isn't just about catching fish. Instead, I like the adventure of getting out, fishing new places, and figuring out the pattern. The best days are when everything clicks with determining the pattern, the lure, and fine-tuning the color. I also love the gear. All these things are a passion. Something that I need to keep my soul alive and yearning for more.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 09:38 PM   #5
Earl Marshall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would like to live a simple life but two years ago I hert my back pertty bad on the job ( Just waiting on the big knife ) now just a couple of weeks ago I had to sale my boat because workmans comp cut me off. But anyway like to watch the UFC real good and the wife and I play music and sing in church.
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 10:22 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i think differantly than most poeple some see a glass 1/2 full while other see it 1/2 empty.me i see it as some one is to dam lazy to carry it to the sink..

i belive it is a waste of time to wonder what other poeple think of me or my choices..

i am a production saw shop lead man. my job requires skill,speed,a second language,inpeckable timing, and the ablity to keep 15 woman happy at the same time-guess where the grey hair comes from-

i am definatly into european heavy/thrash metal.
i have a well known thing for central american woman.

i use forums like this to pass on my knowledge to the younger anglers. as i do not have a son to teach..

zooker
Old 11-14-08, 11:50 PM   #7
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
and the ablity to keep 15 woman happy at the same time

zooker
Latinas, no doubt?

As of yet, I am most certainly undefined. And I could use a little clarity.,
Old 11-15-08, 12:51 AM   #8
cassidyta

According to Webster
definition
noun 1. the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.

I guess I struggle with the distinct and clear part. I am a husband, father, veteran, and IT Manager. Intentionally put into that order.
My hobbies include fishing, wood working, chess, and poker.
I enjoy debates but not arguments.
I coach youth sports and teach transition classes to the military.
I drink whiskey on the rocks and smoke like a chimney.
I will fight for someone’s right to say that I or anyone else is wrong.
Old 11-15-08, 12:47 PM   #9
bamabassman

welllll, i guess that i have changed over the years. i used to be cocky, smartassy and full of crap,lol. really! now that i am older, i find that i am more laid back and easy going as for my personality. i love to entertain, as was proven at the get together. i love to have a group of folks over for fishing and story swapping and so forth. here lately i have had the hardest time of my life. as it is well told here. i have found that life is not about what one has or does as much as how much YOU do for others. i am truly nothing without my wife and family and friends. i do hate my job, not the JOB itself, the people in charge. the job ain't nothing, it is the way we are having to do it. i believe in WORKING THE JOB, NOT VICE VERSA. ok, enough of that. i work to live, not live to work. i like cassidyta will fight to the death for your rights and would hope for the same. a couple here know me pretty well. i leave nothing to wonder about. i ain't the smartest person, but i ain't a fool either. i will believe you till you prove me wrong. then i will leave you alone forever. i haven't got time for idiots and liars. life is too short, and i have alot of life to live yet. i too smoke ..... too much i know. when i DO drink, it is tequila sunrises. mostly it is a coka-cola or mountain dew. eat frozen reeses in the morning for breakfast. steak, RARE! potato..baked with LOTS of butter and lots of bread,lol. not into fancy, too spicy, hott foods. just plain ol FOOD. love homemade icecream, apple pies, peach cobbler. dam, getting HUNGRY NOW!!HAHA. will do ANYTHING for a friend. and expect NOTHING in return. always say sir and ma'am. cassidyta, when we meet we'll have to play chess. i ain't too good, but i love to play. i too love bassfishing, woodworking, ALABAMA football, old cars. and i truly LOVE my wife.as my dear friend zooker says....NUFF SAID!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 08:24 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
I like my life simple. Watching tv i like fishing shows,wrestling,monster truck racing, Ohh an Nascar truck racing. I own a 4x4 nissan pathfinder. That is well cared for by yours truely. I fish from a second hand canoe. I own lot's of fishing equitment. I vote republican. I'm already looking forward to 2012. I just wish Palin would be first setting president to be a playboy bunny at the same time. I chew my 1.00 grape kyak and go to church. OHH i like my country music.

i am 25 years old, i own a jig company called thunderstruck jigs as well as work another job as an extruder operator at a vinyl siding company. i chew my $4.50 skoal wintergreen finecut and drink my miller lite. i drive a 4X4 ford f-150 and fish out of my ranger boat. i hunt and fish but when i am hunting i find myself thinking about fishing.

and i agree with moose about sara palin
Old 11-15-08, 08:48 PM   #11
flbassman

I'm 17, fixin to graduate from high school. I drive a 96 4x4 F150, and go to church as often as I can. I work all the time, and do alright in school. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the rest of my life. I fish and hunt as much as I can, and I'm a pretty laid back dude. I don't drink anymore, and I quit dippin after I "quit" for about a month, got Jonesin, and threw up half a can of Cope I get along with anybody. I'm basically a redneck, but I don't like bein put in a box, right now I've got a Bible, a field and stream and Plato's republic on my night stand.
Old 11-15-08, 09:56 PM   #12
bcklash

I too am a redneck, just an old gray headed ole fart redneck--don't smoke--drink a beer every now and then, out grew getting drunk every fri. and sat. nite about 25 yrs ago. I'm a UAW union worker that builds Volvo big rigs that you see on the road. I am a beans and potato guy, but really any food will do the job. I love sports, a league bowler that average is high enough to turn pro (seniors) but fishing just keeps getting the way. I keep my deck boat on a local lake and during the summer, 2 or 3 sometimes 4 times a week 10 minutes after I get off from work I"m fishing. I am married, Debi works and also runs a Dalmatian rescue. We have a son, Adam known on here as the Bassin Bandit. Pretty simple life either bowling, fishing or cleaning dog POOP!!! Mostly fishing.
Old 11-17-08, 05:02 PM   #13
doc

28, It manager for a financial institution. married, 3 kids, 1 dog, Hobbies are fishing, internet, and gaming. Enjoy a good political debate
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 05:23 PM   #14
mont_lunker_hunter

28, forester managing 65,000 acres of timberland in south arkansas for a major timber company, drive a dodge 4 wheel drive, ranger commanche, hunt, fish, spend time with my wife and 2 kids (boy 2, girl 4). Born and raised in the woods. First "paying" job (outside of family farm) when i was 12. Didn't play any video games but did play a little football (could throw 60 yards in the 9th grade). Soon as i turned 16 i stopped playing and started hunting or fishing ever possible minute when not working. Started tuning duck calls, making jigs, and custom painting crankbaits as a hobby. Live on 120 acres in south ark, hunt on another 1200 where i grew up. Typical blue collar country life.
Old 11-17-08, 05:57 PM   #15
CMorg

I am not really a redneck , but have done redneck things... I am the guy fishing with american eagle button ups on , and ripped abercrombie jeans that cost as much as my rod. I used to chew myself carolina rig , but gave it up finally ( 10 years ). I drive either a 2007 Ford Mustang with 20"s , or a 2005 GMC Envoy XL , for the kids.. I got a basstracker boat , and work in a lab testing asphalt samples.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 06:29 PM   #16
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
I am not really a redneck , but have done redneck things... I am the guy fishing with american eagle button ups on , and ripped abercrombie jeans that cost as much as my rod.fin
I hear ya there man , I'm big big fan of true religion and diesel jeans , and christian audigier shirts and hoodies . Jeans range from 150 ta 400 a pair and the t shirts start at 250

Jim
Old 11-17-08, 06:31 PM   #17
CMorg

I was just looking at diesel yesterday on the internet...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 06:33 PM   #18
mont_lunker_hunter

I usually throw my jeans away when they get holes in them, but i'll give you a hell of deal on some Holy Wranglers. Heck for a few bucks more i'll even rip the patch off the back.
Old 11-17-08, 06:34 PM   #19
Jim80

It's good stuff man over priced for sure but good none the less . Check out antik denim as well man .

jim
Old 11-17-08, 07:04 PM   #20
robertmee

I'm an Engineer, owned my business since 2000, travel a bit. I'm a father of two boys and husband of one wife (thank god). Very anal, very pragmatic, compulsive and intense about the hobbies I enjoy. Those would be fishing, chess, and home automation, with a splash of pinball/vintage video games. Have a lake home (2nd home) and really looking forward to building my ultimate retirement home in a few years on the property and leaving this rat race.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 07:39 PM   #21
pig n jig

I was a run of the mill redneck. Loved to drink, shoot pool and fight , not necessarily in that order. That sort of caught up with me through the judicial system.I had 11 assault charges and then it took a turn for the worse.Once again, I got drunk and the reoccurring theme of ending up in a scuffle , but this time with a NY state trooper.I guess you can say I won and lost at the same time.I put 16 stitches in the troopers face, got my azz thoroughly stomped by back up police officers.I went to the hospital to be treated and then off to jail. I was a general drunken jackass and was facing 4-7 years in Attica prison this time 'round.
I had chose the right lawyers.They struck a deal with the D.A . I received 14 weekends in county jail, 800 hours of community service,$2,500.00 fine and 8 years probation with a conditional agreement that I will not screw up while I am serving my sentence or it's a automatic 7 year sentence in Attica prison. I agreed to the deal, a heck of a deal with the added $4700.00 lawyer fees and a $1200.00 cival penalty fine for being a menace to society.

One might think jeepers cats, glad I'm not you. I feel as though it was the best thing to have happen to me.I have been sober for 15 years now with not even a traffic infraction.You can say I am a completely different person than I was. I love to fish, ride and work on old scooters and motorcycles.I take time to be with my family.I love to watch baseball and football(especially college) and catch an occasional nascar race when I can.Earlier this year,I lost the end of my finger, so that really hurt my fishing through this last spring, summer.I hope to get back on track next year as it is still getting better with time.Y'all ever get in the area or want to fish , give me a holler.There's plenty of lakes to fish, I can be to 9 different lakes in less than 45 minutes from the house. Ivan
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 10:06 AM   #22
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
There's plenty of lakes to fish, I can be to 9 different lakes in less than 45 minutes from the house. Ivan
Yeah, rub that in, why don't ya?

Good story, Ivan. Glad you got your life turned around.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 10:16 AM   #23
jmartin

24 Years old, Married to a wonderful Christian woman. we have a 16 month old son. Drive a Ford 150 FX4. 2 boats and own my own tire store and machine shop with my dad and oldest brother. I also am a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT, my station staffs 2 Engines and a tower we run 1200 calls a year. Go to church on sunday, unless I am on a weekend fishing trip. Life is simple treat people the way you wanna be treated.

Jerry
Old 11-18-08, 09:01 PM   #24
bamabassman

AMEN jmartin. the golden rule is the best way i know of to live my life. at least i try to.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 10:55 AM   #25
woody

My life is being defined by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

yeah, I'm a Jesus freak...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jesus-christ.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	2857  
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.