Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-13, 01:27 AM   #1
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sorry I've been scarce..

Aint been on much. Took my mom to the hospital a few weeks ago. Had some infection and needed iv antibiotics. She's better but in rehab again. I ask for your prayers for her, and thank you in advance. We kinda need her around awhile longer.

But something hit me today as I was visiting her and the physical therapist was working with her. A reality that I don't want to face. I didn't see it coming with my father. Kinda wishing I was blissfully oblivious to this now.

My mother is 84 years old. Every minute I talk to her I can tell the woman I once knew is slowly going away. When asked a question there's so often a slow pause that seems to last forever, and confusion like she's struggling to think and find her words; this from a woman that use to be so quick witted it'd make my head spin. I walk behind her and see how she struggles for just a few feet when not so long ago she'd wear my young legs out in a store. I try to fight and hide what I know. But the truth is there before my eyes. Hopefully not for awhile, but then am I being selfish to hope for that. I want the days of her out fishing us all back again. A deep, long hurt, and a lot of lonely is coming. I so wish somethings could last for ever. This and a few other things making faith hard for me to find here lately.

Just want her to see me graduate so for once in her life she can say that her baby boy who gave her pure hell, finally made her proud. Even though I know she'll never go to see me take the diploma. I just want her to be able to look at me and be proud for once.

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 10-15-13 at 01:36 AM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 05:19 AM   #2
joedog

Prayers going out for a great lady!
Old 10-15-13, 07:09 AM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's so very hard to see the decline in our parents as they age and become someone other than what we have always known. Just being there for your mom is a gift you can give her now. Life seems so unfair much of the time. My parents both left this world before my young boys were old enough to remember them. That bothers me to this day because I know what my boys missed out on. But life is what it is. Just remember Donald, faith is what gets us through these tough times. My prayers will be with you my friend.
Old 10-15-13, 07:22 AM   #4
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Mothers are wonderful creatures! I am sure that knowing you are back in school and doing all you can to get that education is all she needs to be extremely proud of you. Prayers going up for you and your family.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 01:36 AM   #5
1/4 stick

Thank you all. Sorry to unload like that. Just been feeling down about it and no one to really talk to about it. Don't want my family to be affected by what I'm thinking and the gf has lost a lot of family this year and is just coming out of her blues about that. I don't want to drag her back down.
Old 10-16-13, 09:51 PM   #6
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sorry to hear about your ma, stick. Just enjoy the time you have now and make the most of it. Remember her for the great woman she was and thank the Lord when he finally calls her home.

Prayers to you and her Stick!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.