Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-06, 11:13 PM   #1
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default happy happy birthday

well i woke up this morning knowing it was my birthday.and knew i was going to bass pro which is not down the street.took about 2 and a half hours.i spent 110 on an extreme combo and boy do i love this reel.i would rather have one of these than a pflueger president,seriously imo.then got a pflueger president and a extreme. and a 100 dollars of tackle i was happy.best birthday ive ever had
Old 03-05-06, 11:17 PM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well then, Happy Birthday to you. Sweet getting fishing stuff on your B-Day

Lizards
Old 03-05-06, 11:33 PM   #3
bass kicker

i am going up to a fishing lodge for half a week for my birth day

and the pfluger will be a better reel in the long run
Old 03-06-06, 07:05 PM   #4
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

i have the extreme reel too, very good reel, i love it too, im glad you had good birthday.
Old 03-06-06, 09:34 PM   #5
PowerBass

Happy B day KH! I am lookin at the smaller version of the Extreme, looks like a dandy ree for finnese fishing, tema it up with a 7 ft M or MH
Old 03-06-06, 09:36 PM   #6
crankybait

god i hate when you have like 8 people reccomending a differnt reel... gets so confusing. GL, and happy birthday
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 10:36 PM   #7
bass kicker

well thats what you get when you wanna buy a peice o junk like a shimano Cranky
Old 03-06-06, 10:48 PM   #8
KH.

yup ............
Old 03-06-06, 10:52 PM   #9
crankybait

basskicker i bet if you were matched with any guy of your equal skill, on any day, usng the same rod, youd get killed if he used a stella and you used whatever you wanted
Old 03-06-06, 11:18 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait
basskicker i bet if you were matched with any guy of your equal skill, on any day, usng the same rod, youd get killed if he used a stella and you used whatever you wanted
Cranky,

This is part of your problem, along with many others You believe that the best equipment is gonna make you a better fisherman. You need to learn how to fish, not just buy exspensive stuff because it costs a lot. I have reels that are $400 retail, but I use a reel that is less than half the price 90% more because of the type of fishing I do. The equipment can help in certain circumstances, but until you understand better how and where to put what baits, the reel is going to be exactly what you believe it to be. You sound just like someone saying, my reel is better than yours, and my pole is better than yours, and then you go fishing and get your butt kicked. Your 13, so you got a lot to learn, quit trying to act like just because daddy is buying anything you want, it's gonna make you the greatest fisherman in the world. Practice, time on the water, and learning from more experienced anglers is gonna help you more than any reel or rod you buy. I've been listening to this crap and kept pretty quiet about it, but many adults on this site work their butts off, just to buy a mid priced reel, and have worked hard to support themselves and their families. You have no clue, yet you run around like it's a simple thing. Think about what you are saying before you type it. If you would just read, research, and listen, you would already know what reels folks like and dislike, and you'd also realize it's a "PERSONAL PREFERENCE".

Bass Kicker,

The more you bash people, or their choice of equipment the way you do, the more you lose any credibility here. Try to keep that in mind. You try to present yourself as all knowing great angler, but your posts show us otherwise.

Lizards
Old 03-06-06, 11:22 PM   #11
lizardsrule

K.H.

sorry for the rant on your post, I won't apologize for what I said, just should've done it on one of "THEIR POSTS", congrats again on the new gear.

Lizards
Old 03-06-06, 11:35 PM   #12
Christopherkeene9

Gotta agree with Lizards here Cranky. I have to pay for all my stuff so I don't buy expensive equipment. I have a $20 quantum reel with a $15 dollar abu garcia rod. And I catch some bass now and then! I spend more money on the variety of baits I throw and not just expensive ones. The most expensive lure I have bought would probably be a manns -1 4.29 at wally. And I don't buy yamomoto Sp! Too expensive. Just think bout' some of this!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 08:36 PM   #13
PowerBass

Chris,
I buy my own stuff too, but I get mid range to high end gear. Not tryin to brag, just having a job helps. Your right too, baits are more important than the rod. The rod is your wand, the baits, your magic, you dont need a great wand to cast deadly spells. Also Gary Yammamoto may be expensive but I look at it like this, it is the Lucky Craft of Soft Plastics!
Old 03-07-06, 08:55 PM   #14
crankybait

i usually buy my own stuff too. im usually the cheapest guy around, only got my birthday money. lizards, the thing is, i said "with the same ammount of skill". and can you please drop that tone? it took tons of hard work to make it into this school. you act if im a spoiled little brat. i didnt make it to this school by sitting here all day. 3 hours of freaking extra work, not including homework and schoolwork, then SAT prep. its not so simple. and why do you think i made a topic about guides or fishing teachers in nj? and why do i spend time here? im trying to freakin learn! thats why i joined the forum in the first place! if im going to do better, i guess it would be with the best reel
Old 03-07-06, 09:17 PM   #15
bass kicker

and just because they have the stella doesnt mean that they will out fish me or any one else for that fact i fish with high quality reels pfluger and abu and they have never let me down so you cant say some thing like that they will out fish me because they have a stella
Old 03-07-06, 09:30 PM   #16
crankybait

well, which performs better? by the stats, the stella does. i compared the medalist to it. and with the same skill level, and witout factoring luck, im guessing the better equipment wins
Old 03-07-06, 09:57 PM   #17
bass kicker

has nothing to do with it and you cant compare the to reels until you have tried them and i have tried both and there is vary little difference between the to reel and i prefered the pflugger over the stella
Old 03-07-06, 10:16 PM   #18
crankybait

tackletour and BPS say differntly...
Old 03-08-06, 02:01 AM   #19
454ss

happy birthday kh
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 04:12 AM   #20
KenDammit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait
well, which performs better? by the stats, the stella does. i compared the medalist to it. and with the same skill level, and witout factoring luck, im guessing the better equipment wins
crankybait, after a certain level of quality in reels, the actual reel has VERY VERY VERY VERY LITTLE to NOTHING to do with how someone performs when fishing. Better equipment won't win you jack S***, ever. I share the same sentiments as Lizardsrule when it comes to how you've been around here with this stuff..and its a shame that at such a young age, you just can't get "it". There are no stats whatsoever that will truly define whether one reel outperforms another. You're thinking that just because the Stella has such a high price tag, that its the most awesome, well built reel ever made. Thats not necessarily the case.

It takes tons of hard work every single day of our lives for some of us to afford the equipment WE buy. I don't think there are too many millionaires running around here, so its a little arrogant and rude of you to suggest that because someone isn't spending 500 dollars on a reel, they aren't that great of a fisherman. Be a wise grasshopper and learn, and the first thing you should have ever learned is that more money doesn't equal more fish. When you start providing for yourself, a family, and face the real world..you'll see the difference.

Anyway, thanks Lizards for saying what you did..I applaud you.

KH, congrats on the gear.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 04:18 PM   #21
crankybait

well now im thinking of a stradic mgfa or a daiwa certate and a st. croix avid reel. im not a millionaire either. before, all of you were bashing me for being cheap, now im being a rich snob? wow... and like i said, it did take me tons of hard work to make it to this school. and i never said becasue someone didnt spend that money on a reel that theyre not a great fisherman! any of you could outfish me any day! jeez, whyd i even start this sport... i suck at it, it takes up lots of my time for like nothing, im too obsessed even if i suck, and it seems to cause my more trouble than fun
Old 03-08-06, 05:15 PM   #22
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

Happy B DAY KH! Cranky, the equipment you use has about just as much to do with what you catch as the cleats a football player wears when he plays have to do with his performance. I think it would be great if you got out on the water and just cast and check what works. I think thats the best way to learn. Personally i think this site is best for specific questions, but theres nothing like experience when it comes to learning how to fish. "studying" how to fish isnt as good as actually trying even if you dont catch anything, you still learn.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 06:19 PM   #23
Wishing2BFishing

Happy Birthday KH!!! It seems that the birthday gods have smiled upon you since you were able to get some new gear at BPS. Sounds like a great birthday.

Cranky, as one professional to a blossoming professional, you need to pause and look around you. I think it is neat that you are interested in this sport and generally, I am not one to say anything bad about people. And, true to form, I am not going to say anything about you. Just know that being humble can be a good quality. I work hard at what I do in work and continue to learn new things everyday. Similarly, I enjoy fishing (and participating in this site), and when I am not working or taking care of my child, I seize the opportunity to fish. Nevertheless, I accept that I have much to learn. Sometimes, you might want to stand back and just listen. I know its hard to do but it may help you in your quest to be better at what you do.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 06:25 PM   #24
crankybait

well yeah, i listened and thats wy im deciding to go with something less... stradic mgfa, certate, president...
Old 03-08-06, 10:19 PM   #25
bass kicker

i would get the president that is what my father fishes and he has had no problems with it

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.