Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-08, 10:43 AM   #1
Nonpoint
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Nonpoint
Default moving troller mount?

Hey guys, I'm making room for some removable light mounts on the front of my boat since I've started taking up bowfishing as a hobby. I'm not modifying my boat past mounting lights on the bow and a generator to the back.

But, I wanted the boat experts advice on where to mount my troller. In the picture below you'll see the troller mount in the only place I could think of to mount it since my lights are 16 inches wide. The tape measure is set to 16 inches to show where a light might fit.

Will this make the boat track funny when using the troller or cause any other problems?

Nonpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 11:28 AM   #2
jeepinchad
BassFishin.Com Member

It might make it pull (obviously to the left), but nothing that can't be compensated for. Are you going to build up a block so that the entire mount is mounted to something? (it appears in the photo that the back part of the mount is hanging over with nothing to mount to).

I can't think of any huge issues with doing it this way.
jeepinchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 11:45 AM   #3
Nonpoint
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Nonpoint

I was thinking I could probably just build a support block out of wood and tack it to the deck with some L brackets to support the backend of it.
Nonpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 05:18 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonpoint View Post
I was thinking I could probably just build a support block out of wood and tack it to the deck with some L brackets to support the backend of it.

dont use wood. get a square tube pipe made of alumnimum that way you can use self tapping screws and screw it down tight.. trailering vibration will bust a block of wood apart..

oh yeah before i hear it.. drill one side with a bigger bit then using a long nut driver in the drill nail down the self tappers..

zooker
Old 06-02-08, 07:01 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
dont use wood. get a square tube pipe made of alumnimum that way you can use self tapping screws and screw it down tight.. trailering vibration will bust a block of wood apart..

oh yeah before i hear it.. drill one side with a bigger bit then using a long nut driver in the drill nail down the self tappers..

zooker
Agreed with that setup. On tin boats the offset of the motor is no big deal.. It works fine.

But may suggest a removable mount. Having a removable mount is real bonus in travel conditions. Just remove it and lock it up in your hotel room when traveling.

Trust me I have lost one in Richmond once..

Never again will I tempt thieves.

Capt Mike
Old 06-05-08, 06:05 AM   #6
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You will never notice any difference with the weay the boat tracks. It dont know where the trolling motor is.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.