Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-07, 11:18 AM   #976
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

People say you got to wrap Tebow up low, but I disagree bigtime. Wrapping up low might be the better way to keep him from falling forward for 3 extra yards, but hes not a fullback, he is a QB - he has to throw - he needs his shoulders to throw - if he gives you the oportunity to nail him in the shoulder and potentially screw up his ability to throw, I don't care if it hurts, you take it. You're trading 3 yards for the possibility of them becoming one dimensional. And all myths aside, he is not superman. To call him superman or Chuck Norris actually insults the guy - he is just a very very good and tough athlete, but he is vulnerable.
Old 10-23-07, 09:29 PM   #977
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

THE UUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! Miami had a mighty nice game against FSU this past week....Unfortunately the phins are out for at least the season, maybe a coupla years....
Old 10-25-07, 09:27 PM   #978
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I cant stand Miami, but I hate FSU more so I was glad to see that win.

I too am worried about Tebow, I just can't see him surviving another 2 years playing like he is now. He is winning the games for us, but he is taking a beating that is addining up, and sooner or later, the inevitable will happen unless we start working in another offensive technique than just relying on tebow to run for us. Keep him protected, keep him handing the ball off, keep him running out of bounds, keep him throwing TD's, and that is when I will feel better. I'd rather sacrifice a season than the QB that will possibly win another National Championship in the years to come. Georgia this weekend, I think we will be alright, but it will be a close game.
Old 10-25-07, 10:45 PM   #979
WTL

I'm gonna go ahead and say Matt Ryan deserves the Heisman, but BC is not the second best team in the country.

Last edited by WTL; 10-25-07 at 11:41 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 11:50 PM   #980
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Ryan? the Heisman? Only if he also recovered the on-side kick. He showed nothing until there was 2:11 left in the (boring) game. BC and VT are two lousy teams with easy schedules, neither belong in the top 10.
If you want to see athletes that deserve the Heisman nod, watch OU and USC tomorrow. Dennis Dixon is the best QB in college ball by far, and J. Stewart also deserves consideration as one of the best running backs in the country.
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 10:04 AM   #981
WTL

Ryan is a quarterback playing behind an iffy O-line with ok recievers and still doing what he is doing. USC and OU are always putting up numbers like that cause you have entire teams of talent - the USC offensive line and recievers could make BC's 3rd string quarterback look good. Same for OU.

I saw a guy the other night get put under pressure every play of the game from the outside - I saw him scramble to the left, right, throw across his body, throw passes that couldnt have been more perfect than if diagramed on paper - he is very, very good. Reminded me of Brett Favre with his arm strength, intangible toughness and ability to turn a broken play into a big play.

The only other guys worthy of the Heisman of this moment are in your favorite conference. McFadden is still the best player in America, but he plays on a crap team. And its possible that Tebow should win the Heisman, but considering he likes to kiss dudes and we can't have a gay Heisman trophy winner, he is out of the running imo.
Old 10-27-07, 02:39 PM   #982
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Chill out with that WTL, it was all fun and games [I hope]. Either way Tebow has been winning games for us, though I do not believe he should win the Heisman this year, I think he'll get it either next year, or the year after that.
Old 10-27-07, 03:17 PM   #983
ILbassman10
BassFishin.Com Member

Isu!!!!il
ILbassman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 03:34 PM   #984
WTL

He cries after football games as well. Tim Tebow wears Freddie Mercury pajamas.
Old 10-27-07, 05:40 PM   #985
lizardsrule

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't help myself rotfl.

Lizards
Old 10-27-07, 09:48 PM   #986
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Woo Hoo, go Dogs!!!
I'm not sure why I'm suddenly a Georgia fan, but for some unexplanable reason I hate the Gators since I've joined this site.

Did you all happen to see what a REAL Heisman quality quarterback (Dixon) did to the #3 defense in the nation today?
Old 10-27-07, 10:07 PM   #987
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote=WTL;165725]Cal and USC are the two best teams in the PAC10. There is a big big dropoff after those two. Cal was playing maybe the 5th best team in the SEC, and won about like they should have in front of a home crowd. Plus, given the type of physical football prevelent in the SEC, Cal would be beaten up by the end of the year with the type of O they run. There is a reason those western O coordinators have not done well in the SEC. Even Urb had to change his system when he got here. Florida won last year with defense, the O was very spotty.

BTW, I'm sure 02 is with me in being very glad to see that orange bastard get a beatin.

Rocky top,
you'll never be
home sweet home to me

I think OU AZ state, and UCLA would beg to differ with your un-informed opionion of the PAC 10, WTL...
Old 10-27-07, 11:48 PM   #988
WTL

Uninformed?

How about this?

Quote:
This FSU Clemson game actually got close. FSU came back and got within 6 points, but Clemson held them off beating them 24-18.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- Bassfisher02

Quote:
Dang.. Tough week for the almighty SEC .
- otto

So do you still think Florida State is in the SEC? Haha. Uninformed. Did they just start watching football out on the west coast?

BAMA - Owning the left coast since 1925.
Old 10-28-07, 12:51 AM   #989
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

You're right I'm wrong, Fla State isn't in the SEC they just SUCK.

So where is almighty Alabama in the nat. title picture? They are in the SUCK catagory also.....
Old 10-28-07, 12:59 AM   #990
WTL

See ya on Gameday for the second time this year this saturday.

Apparently we arent quite irrelevant considering the national media cant get over us.

And despite origan still having only 1 loss, nobody really cares. Its a forgone conclusion that there gonna lose again.

By the way, Oregon is not OU. That you tried to refer to them as OU above shows how little you know about football. Thats like saying south carolina is USC. OU will always be the Oklahoma Sooners. Oregon will always be just a bunch of f$(*$ ducks whose main rival is some beavers. Your state is lame. Go back to doing whatever the hell the state of oregon does well (come to think of it, what the hell does oregon as a state do well? cut trees? watch whales?)
Old 10-28-07, 01:22 AM   #991
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

The OU ducks are the team to beat this year. They may well lose again because they play one of the toughest schedules (6th), but 'bama still just SUCKS.
Old 10-28-07, 01:23 AM   #992
WTL

Oregon

20 All Americans
7 Pac 10 or Pacific coast Championships
20 Bowl Games
7 Bowl Victoreis
0 National Championships
All Time Record 541-457-46 (.518)

Alabama
92 All Americans
25 Conference Championships (SEC or Southern)
54 Bowl Games
21 Bowl Victories
12 National Championships
All Time Record 786–310–43 (.709)
Old 10-28-07, 01:34 AM   #993
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

So what does that have to do with 2007? Do you actually think the 'bama gomers can compete with the ducks this year? You're quite the dreamer, WTL.
Old 10-28-07, 12:06 PM   #994
WTL

Otto, I'm glad yall just discovered football on the left coast. I'll give yall a couple years before you know what your talking about, then I might take you more seriously.

As for your question, in a world where Appy State can beat Michigan, Stanford can beat USC, and everything else weve seen this year can happen...not only can Bama beat Oregon, but we can beat oregon by 50. Oregon is not much better than Vandy, and not much worse than Ohio State. The 85 scholly limit that the NCAA has put on football has made things very even from top to bottom.

BTW, it looks like ESPN might head to Eugene this weekend for oregon-ASU. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I guess they don't want to do the 3rd LSU gameday this year.

Last edited by WTL; 10-28-07 at 08:35 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 09:09 PM   #995
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
(come to think of it, what the hell does oregon as a state do well?
They hug trees and start cults.
Old 10-30-07, 09:51 PM   #996
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

"The 85 scholly limit that the NCAA has put on football has made things very even from top to bottom."

That is something we can agree on, WTL. For now the best coaches and preperation wins the most games, as opposed to a few teams having overwhelming talent.
That's what scares me in the OU ASU game this week. Dennis Erickson is one of the best. He led the OSU Beavers to a #4 finish a few years back and now has the Sun Devils from a mediochre team (last year) into the Nat. Title hunt.
The Ducks are an early 7 pt. favorite but I'm expecting a much tougher game than last weeks USC game.
Old 10-30-07, 09:57 PM   #997
flbassman

No matter how good Oregon and Boston College get, there are certain states, (Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Wisconsin, California, etc.) that have deep rooted football traditions, and will always be a cut above the likes of New Jersey, Conneticut and Montana....Sorry.....
Old 10-30-07, 10:01 PM   #998
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Oh and flb, a few other things we do well are; NOT screwing up elections, paying one of the highest minimum wages in the country, and sending our retirees to places like Palm Springs and Hawaii instead of garbage dumps like Florida.
Old 10-31-07, 12:45 AM   #999
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

[quote=WTL;168518]

Alabama

12 National Championships
[quote]

not so unless you count the championships granted by such authorities as The Bugtussle Alabama Weekly or the East Fatback Alabama Daily Redneck.

here is the OFFICIAL data:
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/c..._national.html

looks like the once-great Domers have the lead, with the Okies nipping at their heels.

I heard one Bamian claim over 20 MNCs once...wow!

have no dog in this fight but I do love college football and prefer truth to fiction.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 08:01 AM   #1000
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
and sending our retirees to places like Palm Springs and Hawaii instead of garbage dumps like Florida.

Preciate that one...Floridians aren't a real big fan of Yankee retirees.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.