Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-07, 05:32 PM   #1
bubba bass bigfoot
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Need some help within the next 30mins thanks.

here in ohio we just had a hard rain for 15mins, and more on its way. temp has dropped. i am going to fish a small pond for LM bass. i have fished this pond alot. it did have alot of cover on the bank providing shade, now all that cover has been chopped out allowing the grass in the water to grow thick and about 10 plus feet out. made the fishing tough last time. i will be fishing from bank. the pond slowly goes deep (not sure how deep) grass is now all the cover provided. do you think the bass will be on the move up the banks looking for food b/c of the water going up. i was thinking about throwing plastic worms in the grass, senko's. do you have any other quick thoughts to help me with? just so i can have everything covered lol.
pond has alot of Gills also, along with alot of frogs.

Thanks.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 05:39 PM   #2
brandonjames
BassFishin.Com Member

I have always had good luck with a buzz bait after rain has come. You could also try fishing a frog on the top also. Good luck.
brandonjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 05:49 PM   #3
bubba bass bigfoot

Thanks, you think i should trow a All black Buzz (Sorry no all whites :-/ ). dont yell at me to much over that lol.
Old 06-28-07, 05:49 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the fish will be right on the bank, plastics or buzzbait
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 05:50 PM   #5
bubba bass bigfoot

thats what i was thing, cool. could be a good day.

Thanks JB.
Old 06-28-07, 07:36 PM   #6
Bass'n'cast

how did it go? got any pics?
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 12:10 AM   #7
bubba bass bigfoot

Me and Micro went to the Church pond again tonight. saw the 2nd storm coming on in but did not mind. the storm looked nasty. the Gills were going NUTS they were hitting everything and every where. we were not there to gill fish, but i did for a short while. i got 2 gills, 5inch ones. they would hit the 7inch worm and hold it but not a 1inch grub lol. no big. Micro got a Lm bass right off the bat, saw a nice one smashing top water in the center of the pond, saw him a couple times. nothing huge but nice. tossed my Buzz bait out at him and nothing, but the gills would pop it left and right lol. i got a Lm also, neither fish had much size but it was cool. and cool to be out in the storm fishing. hard for the LM to get the bait with the gills running away with it. we left when the rain got hard and when we saw lightning. did not do as well as we tought when we got there, and saw how aggresive the gills were.

all bass caught on a texas rig, i used a 7inch zoom pumpkin seed red flake, Micro used a 7inch green pumpkin renegade.
i did not make much changes, i could have tied on a spinner or larger cranks and maybe done a little better, but we only had till 8:30 and with the rain coming fast did not change. plus with lures like that every cast it a mossy, grass mess. the buzz was a mess of its own lol. if i had more time i would have fished it slower and swapped lures, probley done alot better.
Thanks for the help.

Micro will post the pics of the fish and the storm.

Sorry this is from another forum i am on, a local one. you dont know micro. i will have the pics up tomarrow or shortly after.
Old 06-29-07, 12:18 AM   #8
bubba bass bigfoot

thought i would show this pic. got it in may. lol. my first bedding LM bass, dont do much bed fishing. just showing what this pond has. not a huge fish but nice for Ohio. it was a very good catch b/c of the work i had to do to get it to bite. Micro gave up on the fish and so did my dad, i stayed with it (30 plus mins), sawpped to a Zoom fluke and got it. it was just sprinting in run'n off all the gills away from the bed where the smaller female was (Fat though) and it hit my lure.
it was 4lbs and 19inches.

[IMG][img=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2554/51007bassuu9.th.jpg][/IMG]
[IMG][img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8152/51007bass2rv3.th.jpg][/IMG]
Old 06-29-07, 01:07 PM   #9
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice fish man! If the bluegills are going crazy maybe throw a Pop-R next time to imitate a wounded blue gill.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 01:22 PM   #10
bubba bass bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
Nice fish man! If the bluegills are going crazy maybe throw a Pop-R next time to imitate a wounded blue gill.

Eric
I got that fish in May. lol. i was thinking about going to a Pop'r but didn't.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.