Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-07, 07:27 AM   #1
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Tail Slapping

I've had several large bass tail slap a lure on or near the surface in order to stun or kill it. I'd like to know just how the fish performs during this action, meaning shortly before and after the actual slap. Does the fish approach from the side, behind, underneath, near the top or what? Does the fish approaching slam on the front brakes and flip its tail up and out of the water to slap to the side?

Finding out how they do this action will help me gauge how long to pause before setting the hook. I know the fish must have to turn and re-approach the lure to eat it, but am not sure how far it has to go. Your observations and advice will be greatly appreciated. Good fishing, Mac
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 10:20 AM   #2
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Dont Stop Work It Faster. Like A Natural Bait Would Do.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.