Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-09, 07:39 PM   #1
ihnclb22
BassFishin.Com Member

Default which braid?

i have two types of braid and i am wondering whivh one to put on my baitcaster,,,, i use this baitcaster for everything that i use a baitcaster for. i was wondering if youd rather use 15 pound green powerpro or 12 pound whiteish suffix. also how do i attach these to mono and hooks/lures? thank you ver much
Old 07-02-09, 08:10 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

power pro. in my opion.
Old 07-02-09, 08:45 PM   #3
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'd use the double uni (also known as uni to uni) to connect braid with other lines and the Palomar to tie to hooks, etc.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 08:50 PM   #4
Bassboss

Power Pro. I've never used anything else, but I hear from BigB that that sufix is better!

What ever you do, go over 20lb test! Braid is much thinner than mono, 50lb has the diameter of of 12lb mono!
Old 07-02-09, 08:54 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

The Search Button is your friend! (I swear, I'm about to make that my signature....)

Since the question has already been posted:

Of the ones I've used Sufix gets my vote, plus they have a money back guaruntee if you don't like it. My second choice would be Power Pro. I do want to try the new Fireline braid though, it may even be better than Sufix, but I don't know yet.

BB
Old 07-02-09, 09:45 PM   #6
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

^^

Power Pro , palomar knot to attach to hooks , and the uni to uni for braid to mono or the j knot

Jim
Old 07-03-09, 12:08 AM   #7
DeliReb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default This is the best knot imo

for braid to mono or braid to flouro

The Alberto knot - I did a lot of research on this and have used it for 2 years now and it is great .... You will not break at the tie; but somewhere in your leader or at the hook... GREAT KNOT!!!!!!

http://www.stripersonline.com/Pages/...tos_knot.shtml
DeliReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 02:14 AM   #8
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

sufix
sufix
sufix

if i was you id take what you have back and dont try to settle... if its gonna be used for everything go to the store and get 30 to 50 lb sufix... power pro compared to sufix is like comparing dental floss and rope you wont regret the sufix... and 15lb power pro is like a 4lb mono and itll probably take 400 yards to spool up anyway
Old 07-03-09, 05:38 AM   #9
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i hope you're talking line diameter.on a baitcaster you should use no less than 50 pound braid.this helps fight braids tendency to dig into a spool.out of those 2 lines i'd take sufix.i suggest you go get some frieline braid.it's now the best braid out there.
Old 07-03-09, 10:05 AM   #10
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
The Search Button is your friend! (I swear, I'm about to make that my signature....)

Since the question has already been posted:

Of the ones I've used Sufix gets my vote, plus they have a money back guaruntee if you don't like it. My second choice would be Power Pro. I do want to try the new Fireline braid though, it may even be better than Sufix, but I don't know yet.

BB
I'm ready to get hell again? You have to type the right words to get what you want. I just did search for "best fishing rod", and came up with na, nothing. I know it's been posted on here because I read about it here, but my search got nothing.
I know, there will be people that will show links to it, but if people looking can't find it, they post on what they want to know!
Old 07-03-09, 11:57 AM   #11
Kevin
Administrator

For those of you using Sufix Braid, have you noticed that it fades very bright very quickly? It casts great and feels good, but that's been my only gripe with Sufix braid thus far, it seems to fade 2x faster than my usual Stealth or Sonic Braid.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 12:23 PM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
For those of you using Sufix Braid, have you noticed that it fades very bright very quickly? It casts great and feels good, but that's been my only gripe with Sufix braid thus far, it seems to fade 2x faster than my usual Stealth or Sonic Braid.
i haven't really noticed it fading that quickly but it does fade to a brighter color for sure. i still really like it and it is the best braid i have ever used.
Old 07-03-09, 06:42 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

dodgeguy, I use 30lb test braid on a baitcaster fine. rarely have problems with it digging it. I never use more than 50 for bass fishing, and even then, I rarely use it.

Kevin, I have noticed it fades a bit quicker, but I don't think it matters much because I use a leader in clear water wanyways. How do you like that Sonic Braid, I've felt it and it feels like sand paper string compared to most braids, especially Sufix and Fireline braid.

BB
Old 07-03-09, 06:50 PM   #14
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
How do you like that Sonic Braid, I've felt it and it feels like sand paper string compared to most braids, especially Sufix and Fireline braid.
There really isn't much difference between Sonic Braid and Stealth in terms of flipping/pitching... but I tend to prefer Stealth for long casts (like frogging). Stealth, for me, gets extremely limp and casts well... but quite honestly, I really wouldn't care if I had to use another brand... they're all so much the same in terms of handling.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 12:22 AM   #15
bingham

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
what do you mean "fades very bright" ?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.