Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-09, 12:40 PM   #1
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Arkansas Fisherman

I'm new to Arkansas and i have noticed there are a lot of moody lakes here! any tips for the lakes that produce some nice fish here?
froggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 12:53 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome aboard -- whenever you feel froggie just leap in and join the fun. somebody on here will help you out.
Old 04-14-09, 01:05 PM   #3
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

Haha thanks man!!! Hopefully I can find some help because these lakes are killing me!
Old 04-14-09, 04:40 PM   #4
doc

Good south arkansas lakes that produce trophy fish that I know of

Lake Monticello (local haunt)
Lake Milwood
Anywhere near the Pendelton Area of the Arkansas River (merisach, coal pile, Morgan point, Chicot.)

As far as tips go? depends on where your fishing, check the local bait shops, make some friends, ask around. Come back to the boards and ask, there is a few of us from arkansas on here, and chances are someone has fished the water if you name it.

BTW, Welcome to the site. And if your new to Arkansas fishing you'll definatly wanna check out Lake Monticello!!!!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 04:50 PM   #5
bcklash

Lake Monticello, I saw the show A Day On The Lake the other day filmed on this lake. Looks sweet.
Old 04-14-09, 04:52 PM   #6
Lilmoosecountry

One lake we have incommon here is Bull Shoals since it crosses state lines. It can be very unforgiving. So much what was hot last week. Won't be hot till next year. I think allot of that has to do with being directly in the middle of the Jet-Stream.
Old 04-14-09, 04:59 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie View Post
i have noticed there are a lot of moody lakes here!
right throw in some midol at the ramp just in case....lol..

i hope you mean muddy.... muddy i can deal with.. a menstrating lake would truly SUCK..-gives new meaning to "water weight gain"-

sorry you knew i just had to do it..

zooker
Old 04-14-09, 06:23 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
right throw in some midol at the ramp just in case....lol..

i hope you mean muddy.... muddy i can deal with.. a menstrating lake would truly SUCK..-gives new meaning to "water weight gain"-

sorry you knew i just had to do it..

zooker

Reataining water is vital to a lake though..............
Old 04-14-09, 07:47 PM   #9
bamabassman

welcome to the site pal. as you have noticed we are........um............kinda crazy around here. some of us more than others. but it is all in good fun. have fun and some one here will help you out i promise.
Old 04-14-09, 09:13 PM   #10
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Reataining water is vital to a lake though..............

true nuff

zooker
Old 04-15-09, 05:29 AM   #11
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

no actually i did mean moody! as in you will find a hotspot on a saturday go back there sunday and cant find a fish. its very confusing. has anyone fished lake barnett at all? i have a few times and cauhgt a few bass between 5 and 7 pounds but i hear there are larger ones. also some tips on greers ferry would help to lol!
Old 04-15-09, 10:52 AM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Talking

Then that fits what i was saying. Bull Shoals is like a HIGH PRICED Hooker. You can't giver her enough. She is never satisfied.
Old 04-15-09, 01:25 PM   #13
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

Yo Froggie....what's the beef stew....welcome aboard....quite the gang here...great site, good info....right now I'm just chillin like a villain on some penicillin up in this mo fo bra....just waiting to launch the boat this weekend....not familiar with the lakes in your neck of the woods just wanted to say welcome man....
Old 04-15-09, 02:06 PM   #14
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

so lil moose im assuming you have fished table rock also? that has to be my favorite lake i have ever fished. im in the military and deployed right now so i havent had a real good chance to get up there for a few years. my family and i are going up there this august and we are stayin at lil indian resort. any tips on some areas around there?
Old 04-15-09, 02:07 PM   #15
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

yea ejvesper ive noticed you guys have fun here. thats neat! and thanks for the welcome
Old 04-15-09, 02:40 PM   #16
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

Anytime D L dbl g....!
Old 04-15-09, 06:09 PM   #17
zooker

Quote:
no actually i did mean moody! as in you will find a hotspot on a saturday go back there sunday and cant find a fish. its very confusing. has anyone fished lake barnett at all? i have a few times and cauhgt a few bass between 5 and 7 pounds but i hear there are larger ones. also some tips on greers ferry would help to lol!

lol i hear ya.. we get that now and again round here.. we call it spotty bites..

i belive it has to do with the winter 1 degree temp wise is the differance.. i'd look for the warm spots and fish it..

zooker
Old 04-16-09, 09:14 AM   #18
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
so lil moose im assuming you have fished table rock also? that has to be my favorite lake i have ever fished. im in the military and deployed right now so i havent had a real good chance to get up there for a few years. my family and i are going up there this august and we are stayin at lil indian resort. any tips on some areas around there?
Yeah i'll be there in June & again in Aug. I stay at the Kimberly cabins in Kimberly MO.
Old 04-16-09, 09:27 PM   #19
66KingFisher

I wish I could help but I seem to have a tough time with the little lake I fish also, and i'm plum across the state on the west side of Arkansas so don't feel bad dude....just keep plugin away.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 05:39 AM   #20
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

lilmoose where are some hot spots in august on that lake?
Old 04-17-09, 05:40 AM   #21
froggie
BassFishin.Com Member

i also fish down near mena to kingfisher. my uncle owns an RV dealership so i go see him and we fish alot down there. mainly for crappie tho
Old 04-17-09, 01:20 PM   #22
Lilmoosecountry

Wink

There is an Island on Missouri side about 500ft from the dam. Throw shallow working deep with Fire tiger colored Deep divers. You'll get some nice ones in the morning. Many more but there secerts. But this one is free to you this one time. If i was in the FLW that would be my first hole.
Old 04-17-09, 08:37 PM   #23
66KingFisher

I can do crappie....been awhile since I fished for them....they are some of the best eatin fish out there.

Quote:
i also fish down near mena to kingfisher. my uncle owns an RV dealership so i go see him and we fish alot down there. mainly for crappie tho
Old 04-24-09, 04:32 PM   #24
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Barnett is hot right now. They have moved up to the bank. A Firefighter I work with caught a 9 two 6's and two 4's a couple days ago.

Go to www.get5bass.com and it has a lot of information on area lake tourneys and what they used. Click on the lakes icon and you can go to several lakes and go back the past couple years and see what was being used in years past for the time of the year.

The cold fronts have keep the Bass from moving up and staying the reason they seem moody but the next few days will have Lakes like Ouachita HOT. Yesterday it was 65 in the shade with the Bass moving up and they should get to stay a while with consistant warm days and night. A firefighter son caught 44 the other day, I did not get that many because I was fishing to shallow and thinking they were moody, they were deeper do to the water being 60 to 62. Caught some nice bass but not the numbers he had.

I have been busy and have not been on here for a while. Maybe I will make it down to Monticello in a week or so if doc and lowrider has left any.

Spent last week at Lake Ouachita Gobbler hunting and Bass fishing and the Bass have been in 4 to 6 feet of water. Yesterday with this warm weather they were moving up getting ready for the spawn.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 01:39 PM   #25
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall View Post
Spent last week at Lake Ouachita Gobbler hunting and Bass fishing and the Bass have been in 4 to 6 feet of water. Yesterday with this warm weather they were moving up getting ready for the spawn.
I haven't got to get on the water yet, but I sure hope to fish Ouachita this year.....its only bout 45 minutes from the house....A neighbor two doors down has a nice big bass boat and fishes there regular....i'm hopin to tag along with him sometime to see what the lake is like....I hear it sure is purdy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.