Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-08, 04:28 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default Sweeper/Lipless Rod

For those of you who don't know what a "sweeper" rod is, it's a stouter rod used to search open water with larger spinnerbaits. St. Croix uses this term on its Legend Tournament Bass rods; I'm not sure if other companies do or not.

Anyway, this is what I've decided to get my next rod for: big, 1/2 ounce and up spinnerbaits, along with the bigger lipless baits. I have an idea for a reel, but I'm not quite sure about a rod. What would you recommend for these types of baits?

As to line, I was thinking 15-pound mono, possibly 30-pound Power Pro.

Feel free to throw in any ideas. We're brainstormin' here...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 04:42 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have a high speed reel with MH allstar for that kinda setup. Keep in mind that those heavier spinnerbaits are harder to find sometimes. They move much slower than the standard 3/8 or 1/4 ounce. I use 20 lb low vis
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 04:43 PM   #3
WTL

How many friggin rods do you need?
Old 05-08-08, 05:01 PM   #4
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
How many friggin rods do you need?
You mean you dont have a crankin, froggin, jigging, swimbait, spinnerbait, sweeping, mowing, raking, bagging, recycling, topwater, soft plastic, and suspending setup (not counting duplicate rods with varying line strength/type, and length depending on the current bait).

Man I dont see how you fish without a seperate rod for every bait you throw, what do you do when you want to throw something different, cut a bait off and tie a new one on? lol, tie a new bait on the same rod sometimes I kill myself.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 05:12 PM   #5
WTL

And to think, this is the kid that has a little 14 foot boat...where would you even keep them anyway?

Time to call bull**** publically on this puke.
Old 05-08-08, 06:03 PM   #6
Buzz Wing

That's none of your business, I have a perfect area for keeping them.

Thanks though, JB..

-Buzz
Old 05-08-08, 06:40 PM   #7
WTL

Yea, in your mind.

Anyways, its not worth getting into a longlasting war of words with you, but you are full of ****, you couldnt afford all that stuff even if you sold drugs for cash, you steal posts from other members, recite what you hear from bassmaster over and over again, you are a pawn for the tackle companies and a pariah on here. If you really had so much money to spend on all this crap you wouldn't be trying so hard to bilk someone out of a meager 12 bucks for those topwaters, you would just eat your money like so many of us have - truth is you are a bloody liar. Other kids typically pop up and become problems just like you but normally they shut up after a while and learn to actually fish instead of talk a good game, you know good members like Crankybait who I am proud to discuss fishing with - you are a bull****ter first and a fisherman last.

Sweeper stick, wtf? I cant believe some of ths crap they sell.
Old 05-08-08, 06:43 PM   #8
Buzz Wing

I'm done with this forum!

-Buzz
Old 05-08-08, 06:48 PM   #9
Buzz Wing

At least with William's sorry toosh. Your almost ten years senior me and you have a conniption over every damn thing I post!

-Buzz
Old 05-08-08, 06:53 PM   #10
WTL

I actually was trying to help you fit in for a while, let you learn the ropes. Do you realize that about every longstaning member here is sick of your crap and talks about it behind your back? Now please do piss off. Find another board full of tackle nerds who you can impress with your garbage. I heard the BPS forum is a good place to start.
Old 05-08-08, 07:10 PM   #11
Buzz Wing

Quote:
...you steal posts from other members..
And who's the one who got started talking of how many rods I have???

I try to ask a question and I always seem to get ruled out. I take enough of this crap at school, let alone on here. I thought this was a place anyone could come for leisure and to talk fishing, but I guess even fishing is going to hell in a handbasket..

-Buzz
Old 05-08-08, 07:15 PM   #12
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Wow, just wait until school is out in about a month.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:37 PM   #13
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
And who's the one who got started talking of how many rods I have???

I try to ask a question and I always seem to get ruled out. I take enough of this crap at school, let alone on here. I thought this was a place anyone could come for leisure and to talk fishing, but I guess even fishing is going to hell in a handbasket..

-Buzz
WTL has a point, actually a couple points, and you're talking about coming here for leisure to talk fishing? You're right about that stuff, too bad you don't follow it a lot of the times. If I had a nickel for every post you had wondering what other $250 rod you should put on your wish list to send to mommy then I would be RICH.
Old 05-08-08, 07:54 PM   #14
bassinbob

Man talk about a place for putting your rods in a fourteen footer. That's the size of my boat and sometimes I have 8 or 9 rods in the boat. Of those never more than 2 spinning. Now this is on some small lakes that I fish. You read a lot of posts and a lot of guys almost make you feel like you need a ton of different rods for each method. I almost feel like my 7ft. mh could be my all around rod. Some times I can cut it down to 3. One for most baits, one froggin and flipping. The third for whatever the particular lake calls for. It's just easier to pick up a rod already rigged instead of changing baits.
Old 05-08-08, 08:01 PM   #15
Buzz Wing

Somebody finally understands it..

-Buzz
Old 05-08-08, 08:12 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Falcon Lowrider XG 7' MH. 20lb braid or 12lb fluoro or mono.

BB
Old 05-08-08, 09:53 PM   #17
brushhog

Wow, my job requires me to be trained (endlessly) in peer mediation... Fellas let me help
Old 05-09-08, 09:43 AM   #18
MississippiBoy

Be sure you bring your Kevlar, brush...you're liable to need it.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 10:40 AM   #19
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

he takes crap at school too? man thats a shocker.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 01:15 PM   #20
Jim80

awwww come on the kid is just wants to fit in does anyone else remember talking way out of thier league when the were young ? not that that means you shouldn't get roasted for it but i'm sure it's happened to more than one of us ( ha ha ha ha )
Old 05-09-08, 01:22 PM   #21
JB

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 01:31 PM   #22
Jim80

i like the pic were did you find that ?
Old 05-09-08, 01:46 PM   #23
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Yea, in your mind.

Anyways, its not worth getting into a longlasting war of words with you, but you are full of ****, you couldnt afford all that stuff even if you sold drugs for cash, you steal posts from other members, recite what you hear from bassmaster over and over again, you are a pawn for the tackle companies and a pariah on here. If you really had so much money to spend on all this crap you wouldn't be trying so hard to bilk someone out of a meager 12 bucks for those topwaters, you would just eat your money like so many of us have - truth is you are a bloody liar. Other kids typically pop up and become problems just like you but normally they shut up after a while and learn to actually fish instead of talk a good game, you know good members like Crankybait who I am proud to discuss fishing with - you are a bull****ter first and a fisherman last.

Sweeper stick, wtf? I cant believe some of ths crap they sell.
Ditto!!!! WTL & i have different taste in politics. But we finally agree. You are one of issues i have bean talking about kid. I have had many PM's Regarding you. But now i single you out. I myself know whatz itz like to be SNOT NOSED BRAT. We were all your age at one time. Kid i don't mind even taking you aside in a PM and giving you some advice in fishing. Maybe i was'nt the best PRO there ever was. But Kid i've bean on road & paid my dues. I started with one good baitcaster & 4 zebco 33's when i started tournament fishing. Woo Daves Started using 808's. Best Equitment in the world does'nt make you the best fisheremn. I won't stand for you writing post any more where you have followed several magzines word for word & pretend there yours any more. The other thing i get real insulted as a fishermen of 34 yrs. When you think you know more than me, Zook, Reb & so on. Grow up quit crying change your diapers. Fishing 101 begains in 10 mins.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 02:11 PM   #24
Buzz Wing

Who the hell ever said I read it in a magazine!??! I've mentioned many times I like good equiptment, no need to dis me on that.

-Buzz
Old 05-09-08, 02:33 PM   #25
brushhog

Suggestion, end this thread and move on... No one is forced to read or respond to anyone else... In the words of that famous ambassador for peace, Rodney King ... can't we all just get along?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.