Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-11, 09:28 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Will the stupidity ever end?

Yep, kid got expelled for shooting "spit wads" in the hallway. Actually little plastic pellets from toy guns but pretty much the same idea.....I understand the kid had a history of doing stupid things but really???

And I happen to know the Asst Principal involved in this and she isn't the best or brightest AP I've ever worked with.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/03...tic-spitballs/
Old 02-04-11, 10:02 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

back in the day.........3 wacks with a paddle or 3 days suspension. no other choices. i took the 3 wacks. this is absurd!!
Old 02-05-11, 12:45 AM   #3
TN_Bassin

Hmmmmm. If we see a nationwide crackdown on hollow pens we could be looking at a 50-60% increase in our juvi facilties in the near future...

There is Criminal behavior, and there's normal kids being kids. Principals in general these days have more in common with Nazi camp leaders than educators. Punish the kid within reason, but don't lose sight of the reason you're there. Before I start ranting endlessly with what's wrong with k-12 education, I'm going to stop here.

Oh and bama. I remember the beginning of the year when I would accidentley lose the Paddling Consent form when the school system sent them out... good times.

Last edited by TN_Bassin; 02-05-11 at 12:55 AM.
TN_Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 09:14 AM   #4
bamabassman

tn.......we didn't have no FORM to fill out. it was known before we ever enrolled. parents knew if their kid did wrong, whacks were gonna be given. that is another problem, among many others in school, that is plaugeing our schools. no more praying, no more pledge of alliegance..........you get the idea.
Old 02-05-11, 09:36 AM   #5
bcklash

I got one paddling in school and when I got home that afternoon Dad gave me another whipping. He didn't care what I got one for, he just wanted to make sure I didn't forget it. I never got a another paddling.

This spit wad deal is terrible. Somebody needs to show that AP what a real assault is.
Old 02-05-11, 09:42 AM   #6
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

A evil lady came into the school systems and made all the schools change their procedures for handling discipline and took prayer out of schools only to name a few of the changes. Her name is Sue
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 02:12 PM   #7
keithdog

This is just another example of the inane leadership which pervades our educational system today. These are the folks who are in charge of shaping our childrens minds day after day. They are also the ones who are rewriting our history books and teaching our children that America is the great evil of the world and that our forefathers brought shame to all AMericans. The whole thing makes me ill.
Old 02-06-11, 11:05 AM   #8
HarveysMinnow
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
This is just another example of the inane leadership which pervades our educational system today. These are the folks who are in charge of shaping our childrens minds day after day. They are also the ones who are rewriting our history books and teaching our children that America is the great evil of the world and that our forefathers brought shame to all AMericans. The whole thing makes me ill.
Well put, Keith, and when I think of it in those terms, it gets downright scary! Unfortunately, there's no real cure for stupidity, and as we continue down the road it just gets worse. All this sort of makes me glad I don't have any grandchildren, but I certainly sympathize with other people who do have school-aged children.
HarveysMinnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 12:49 PM   #9
nofearengineer

If I ever have kids, they will be home schooled, without a doubt. I could teach any subject material beyond the high school level anyway...why leave your biggest responsibility to a total stranger (probably a card carrying ACLU member anyway) if you don't have to?

I can see it now....Calculus lessons in a bass boat.
Old 02-07-11, 04:47 PM   #10
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
why leave your biggest responsibility to a total stranger (probably a card carrying ACLU member anyway) if you don't have to?
Careful now!! Some of us do own guns and know how to use them too!!

Biggest problem I see are those students who show up every day and just don't care. And they don't care because their parents don't care. So they disrupt class to get attention and when they get in trouble they just don't care because their parents don't care. Until they get suspended or expelled and then the parents sue...... which causes the school boards, superintendents and principles to either go overboard or do nothing. And those of us in the trenches are screwed.

My last two days. Broke up a fight on Friday in cafeteria. Kid involved knew it was coming. Admins knew it was coming. And still the fight happened.
Today I had to remove a student from class for repeatedly using the "f" word in class. When I told him I was writing the referral for the admins (paper work) he made some sarcastic comments "that he didn't care". Turns out his mother is a school teacher and used to work here at the high school.
Old 02-07-11, 05:32 PM   #11
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Careful now!! Some of us do own guns and know how to use them too!!

Biggest problem I see are those students who show up every day and just don't care. And they don't care because their parents don't care. So they disrupt class to get attention and when they get in trouble they just don't care because their parents don't care. Until they get suspended or expelled and then the parents sue...... which causes the school boards, superintendents and principles to either go overboard or do nothing. And those of us in the trenches are screwed.

My last two days. Broke up a fight on Friday in cafeteria. Kid involved knew it was coming. Admins knew it was coming. And still the fight happened.
Today I had to remove a student from class for repeatedly using the "f" word in class. When I told him I was writing the referral for the admins (paper work) he made some sarcastic comments "that he didn't care". Turns out his mother is a school teacher and used to work here at the high school.

You make a very good point, 3Dkicker. We allowed this society to evolve into this sad state of affairs. It's only get worse unless folks draw a line and commit to turning it around.
Old 02-07-11, 06:28 PM   #12
bamabassman

bob is right as you are smitty. it starts at HOME. parents don't care anymore, so the kids don't care anymore. never ending circle till THE day comes......then they want to blame the schools and other folks (you and me). or the government.
Old 02-07-11, 09:45 PM   #13
Cavs1123

Wow thats really dumb. Those are airsoft BB's. Even when fired out of a gun they dont really hurt.
Old 02-08-11, 08:30 PM   #14
3dkicker

Cavs - You been hit once or twice??? Test it out with your friends and let us know. Seriously how hurt can you get by being hit by one from a bic pen?

Blame the schools and the teachers is the common thing you'll hear. I've worked in a few schools over the years and for the most part a majority of the teachers are decent hard working people but there are a few that shouldn't be in the classroom (I keep telling them to get me out of the classroom and let me do my job but for some reason they don't listen.....). Most kids are a lot of fun to work with but there are always a few maladjusted angry kids in every class that just don't want to be there and complain about everything. Schools are too afraid to get rid of them and the parents are useless. And a big point is these aren't always the kids with horrible home lives. I've had kids that have had horrible things happen to them or their families but they are great kids and manage to work through it.

The next wave we're seeing is the narcissism. Kids that don't listen when given directions and then immediately become disruptive and combative if you don't re-explain the instructions specifically to them that you've already explained to the class three times. It is amazing. If you haven't been in a school lately and want to see it for yourself go ahead and volunteer for a day. You won't get it on the news or from tv shows.
Old 02-09-11, 08:15 PM   #15
Cavs1123

LOL 3d we have wars with airsoft guns(eye protection of course). They leave a small welt but only really hurt when fired from a close distance like whithin 10 feet. Plus a gun would fire them a lot faster than a bic pen anyway im guessing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.