Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-08, 09:37 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Wild Wood lake !!!! Raytown MO

Took the canoe out rigged with five rods. Does'nt matter how the other four were rigged. Because the 5th was doing all the work so i stay with that bait. I was cast a 4 in. purple worm on a drop shot. On this lake it seamed most effective on the shoreline where there was a muddy bottom. This lake is over populated so you have to keep what you catch. Well i ended up with 20 large mouth bass in the 9 to 12 inch range. I did that in 45 minutes. I fished for another couple of hrs. Those i did release. I probably caught another 30. I wanted to keep fishing but i did'nt want to clean that many fish. No harm it's a private lake. I made Parmasean crusted bass for dinner. It's real simple to make. You need a bowl add a cup of mayo alight drizzle of dijon mustard & alight drizzle of hot sauce add just alittle water & mix. Take a plate of corn meal & parmasean cheese. Dip the fish in the sauce then cover with corn meal & cheese. Take the fish and deep fry to your liking.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 11:20 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sounds pretty good. We'll have to try that sometime.

Also sounds like you had a good day. I guess the size of the fish is not as important when you're catching that many.

BB
Old 06-04-08, 09:15 AM   #3
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

YEP thatz all i want!!! this is a lake that i go to for keeping fish. You can fish all day & end up a 5 gallon buck full if you wanted them.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 03:42 PM   #4
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Took the canoe out rigged with five rods. Does'nt matter how the other four were rigged. Because the 5th was doing all the work so i stay with that bait. I was cast a 4 in. purple worm on a drop shot. On this lake it seamed most effective on the shoreline where there was a muddy bottom. This lake is over populated so you have to keep what you catch. Well i ended up with 20 large mouth bass in the 9 to 12 inch range. I did that in 45 minutes. I fished for another couple of hrs. Those i did release. I probably caught another 30. I wanted to keep fishing but i did'nt want to clean that many fish. No harm it's a private lake. I made Parmasean crusted bass for dinner. It's real simple to make. You need a bowl add a cup of mayo alight drizzle of dijon mustard & alight drizzle of hot sauce add just alittle water & mix. Take a plate of corn meal & parmasean cheese. Dip the fish in the sauce then cover with corn meal & cheese. Take the fish and deep fry to your liking.

You should take some of those suckers and put 'em in a pnd w/no fish.... you would have your own private stocked lake in which only you will be informed!

-stevo
Old 04-28-11, 10:57 PM   #5
crappieman
BassFishin.Com Member

Question

hey, is that wild wood lake in raytown a private lake, or could i go and fish it if i wanted to? i live fairly close to that lake, and im not sure if i would get in trouble if i would.
crappieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.