Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-08, 05:03 PM   #1
1lipripper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fishing Report Lake Bacarrac Mexico

Fishing report from Lake Bacarrac Mexico:
The fishing has been excellent with the big jig bite producing the biggest fish. On the afternoon of May 31st Rob Ard had an excellent big bite with his 5 biggest fish weighing 49.5 pounds and also catching 14 fish over 7 pounds

From John Velky group of 5
I just read the attached report and am compelled to reply. Not to be outdone, our group of five also had an awesome trip. We were very impressed with EVERYTHING about your operation, from the pre-trip communication and logistics to the trip itself. From the time we left El Paso on the charter flight, we were chaperoned and treated like welcome guests. Russ, Rene and all the lodge staff went out of their way to be accommodative. Our thanks to each and every one of them. As for the fishing, WOW! We each caught the biggest bass of our lives with at least 20 fish over ten pounds.

Tito Woodburn won the big bass pot with a 12.0 and everyone thought they had bigger bass break/pull off during the fight. We switched partners during our trip, but I mainly fished with Narlin, and he was terrific. Very knowledgeable and a joy to fish with. The other guides were Pedro and Mario, and they were outstanding, also.

My only regret is that we did not bring more big black jigs, and they were sold out of them at the lodge. The trees and lake bottom must be littered with them. The bite was definitely with 1 oz and larger black jigs with huge senko/lizard/worm trailers, and we lost what we had early on. Rene showed me his favorite rig and I now know to bring reels spooled with 50# braid with a 50# mono tag end. You definitely lose fewer jigs with that combo! John Velky

From Gary Whitehead:
Morris and I had a great trip once again. We caught a total of 504 bass. I wear a little counter around my neck. We had 5 fish of 1-10lb 0oz, 2-10lb 4oz, 1-11lb 2oz and 1-12lb 1oz. That means of course that we caught 5 bass of 10lbs or more. We had at least 4 others up to the boat that got off that were over 10lb fish. The service, the food, the boats and the guides were, as usual, just great. I hope that an opening during June develops but if it doesn't I will go back in the fall as soon as possible.
1lipripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 05:38 PM   #2
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I think it is time for me to head south of the border and do a little fishing. That is amazing!
Old 06-10-08, 05:40 PM   #3
1lipripper
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm thinking about going to Lake Bacarrac in December
1lipripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 06:06 PM   #4
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Based on those reports, I'm thinking of going to Lake Bacarrac tomorrow and never coming back.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 06:08 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

this thread sucks with out pictures...

zooker
Old 06-10-08, 10:35 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yea!!!! post a few of dem sowbellies!!!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-08, 12:35 PM   #7
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Five fish for 49.5-pounds!!!

How many did he have to cull to get this? That averages like 9.9-pounds/fish!

SWEET!!!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.